ANZ Platinum

ANZ Platinum

Pros

• $0 Annual Fee in the first year

• Ongoing Annual Fee Waiver: $0 if you make $20,000 in eligible purchases on the card in 12 months

• Complimentary Overseas Travel Insurance and Purchase Security Insurance

• Add up to 9 Additional Cardholders at no additional cost

Cons

• 2% Balance Transfer Fee

• 3% International Transaction Fee

• No attached rewards program

3.4

Worthless interstate coverage

Was on a return flight home and Jetstar cancelled my flight due to ‘weather’ and only offered to rebook me in tow days time.
Bought a ticket on virgin for 700 dollars and then I found out that this insurance only covers return flight that are cancelled because of natural disasters and even then up to the value of the original cost of the ticket,
Next time buy proper insurance as this is worthless

Rewards
Card Start DateDecember 2002
Ray

Raymelbourne

Free travel insurance with $250 spend

You are entitled for the complimentary overseas travel insurance if you spend $250 towards your trip plus other t+cs. It’s very easy to spend that on air tickets or hotels.

Card Start DateJanuary 2018
Main Point of ContactOnline
JCC

JCCMarom Creek

Stay away from this one.

With so many Credit Cards on offer, there's no valid reason to opt for this one.
Ok you only have to be earning $35,000 pa to qualify for a $6 grand credit limit. But what do you get ...free travel insurance, whoopee.
But wait there's more ... you get slugged an annual fee of $87 and a hefty interest rate of 19.49%.
Now you know why I cut up my card. Shop around you can do better.

Card Start DateJune 2001

Balance Transfer Credit Cards

Find out how ANZ Platinum compares to other Balance Transfer Credit Cards

Ben H

Ben HGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Good backstop

A convenient easy to use card that works well when overseas or locally. I got this card as a mandatory part of the break free package for my home mortgage.
Now that I have paid out my mortgage I may look for a cheaper option because the bank slugs me for a account fee each month.

Card Start DateNovember 2005
Pete

PetePerth, WA

This card serves its purpose.

My wife and I have this card as a benefit of the break free mortgage package. We use it to purchase just about everything we need and then pay it on the due date. If it wasn't for the mortgage package we would probably shop around for a different card to see what advantage we could gain.

Card Start DateJune 2016

Val

ValSouthwest, VIC

Great Card For Everyday Use

We cancelled our Rewards Card and now use this Platinum one. It doesn't attract any rewards but if you spend $20,000 a year on it you don't pay any fees either. We pay the balance each month so have no idea of the charges the bank have on this card. It is a very convenient card to have when you haven't got the cash on you.

Card Start DateNovember 2017

Anne Stanley

Anne StanleyPerth, WA

Credit Card which serves our purpose

Using our ANZ Frequent Flyer Platinum Visa card for all purchases and payment of household bills, attracts a huge number of Qantas Frequent Flyer points which have taken us on many flights overseas and interstate over the years. The reward program fee of $110 for 2 cards still makes it a very worthwhile credit card as does the included cover of comprehensive travel insurance. There is a period of around 21+ days to make payment by the due date from issue of your monthly statement. Beware of late payments and interest fees if you don't pay the full balance by the due date. Allow a couple of working days prior for your payments to be processed.

Rewards