ANZ Smart Choice Super

ANZ Smart Choice Super (page 2 of 3)

1.1

• Rates and Fees

Terrible customer service

Gaz

GazPerth, WA

Smart choice super crap

ANZ “lost” my money

Do not waste your time with this super fund, I decided to open another account with Hostplus and they initiated a rollout. After a couple of weeks I checked Hostplus to see my balance, it was still at zero so I called anz to see what was going on, they told me my money had been sent to Hesta. HESTA. I have never had an account with Hesta. I guess Hesta and Hostplus sound the same. I called back to see if they can sort their mistake out and they did nothing but deny, deny, deny. Fortunately I found my money and have sorted it directly with Hesta who were very helpful. I will never use ANZ for anything again!

Retail Superannuation Funds

Find out how ANZ Smart Choice Super compares to other Retail Superannuation Funds

W5739South East Queensland, QLD

Shocking customer service.

Product ok. Returns good.
Just typical ANZ. No idea of how to treat customers
Not enough skilled trained staff. Either that or that just straight out lie to customers. Would rather unskilled then unethical. But unsure.
Don’t expect claim super on retirement to go smoothly. Very stressful. retirement

On hold for an hour

An hour on the phone mostly on hold. Not only is it very difficult to get through to the product manager. Usually its an hour phone call so be prepared for that. Also they don't really seem to understand what they are doing. So they handball you around the office.

Brent Andrew

Brent AndrewSouth East Queensland, QLD

What a mistake

Admin fee admin fee admin fee that is all I see. they take money every month they are a bank not a super found. look around don't look at ANZ

Ccb

CcbNewcastle

The worst fund I’ve ever dealt with

I’m in severe hardship with a disabled child to care for and after sending and resending the long list of paperwork to access a tiny amount of my own money, I’ve now been told that they won’t accept my signature which was witnessed and dated by a Professor as I forgot to put the date in for a third time next to my own signature. Clearly if the Professor declared he saw me sign it on a specific date then I also signed it that day. This fund are being petty and doing everything to delay my release of funds while my child goes without food. Steer well clear of this fund.

1 Star is too many

Shocking. Terrible system, terrible service, terrible product.
ANZ Super is in the dark ages. The internet accessibility is even worse and if you need to get your statement... you'll be waiting. It just too hard for them.

Terrible customer service

I needed to simply change some transactions to be classified as something else - which they brought my attention to, by sending me a letter. But couldn't do that simply over the phone - not to mention they NEVER reply to emails. And the 'request a call' service is a joke, just the computer calling you and you still have to go through all the 'choose this number' rubbish. If I wanted to do that I would have just called.

Retail Superannuation Funds

Injured worker refused access to super

I've been injured, 3 doctors stated Total permanent disability, unable to work, homeless, yet they refuse to release my super. Wife being treated for severe depression, attempted suicide. Lost everything, home, financial credibility, everything.

Diablo

Diablosunshine coast

Worst ever!

An annoying ANZ dude calling me again and again, but didn't let me hang up the phone. I told him that I'm a low income uni student and I don't even have a proper job, but he recommended me this crappy super and kept saying that it's perfect for me. The consequence was all my super was gone quickly and even it took $88 within 6 weeks. I visited ANZ to cancel this crap, but even the banker said this is reasonable and she didn't even recommend any cheaper super. You guys are freaking thugs hope you guys go to hell.

KanyeBelconnen 2615, ACT

Loosing Money

less than one month lost $1000, can't change investments they say end of financial year they are getting statements done so everything locked can't even move my money. i have request to move my money els where been 2 weeks still noting done, have lodged a complaint with Anz.

Kanye

Still ANZ didn't release funds, next stop ombudsman very bad service, never put your hard earn money with this people.

Atrocious service

Expect to be given bad/misleading information, enjoy long periods on hold and the person your speaking to to have very little information about superannuation.

Sera

SeraAdelaide

Lost $370 in 9 days since roll over

Lost $370 in 9 days since roll over. Changing super funds as I don't want to gamble with my future. Really disappointed in myself that I didn't read up about the fund in more detail and what it does with your money.

virtuallyme

virtuallymeMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

ABYSMAL returns ... losing money fast!

rippedoff123

rippedoff123AU

ring the ombudsman NOW

contact the financial services ombudsman !!! this is the appropriate thing to do in these circumstances. they will tell you what to do

Lost $1000 in 3 months

I had 41800 with ANZsuper 3 months ago and now its down to 40800- lost $1000 in 3 months and the answer i got was the stock/share in volatile. Giving them til xmas to pick otherwise moving to another provider. No good enough ANZ.

FuzzyAustralia

Lost my Super, refuse to contact me.

Fuzzy

Offered me $100 in compensation and basically lied about everything. Will be taking this further.

Nathan H

Nathan HMelbourne

Perhaps the worst super choice in Australia??

I received a statement today from ANZ super to discover that I had given them my hard earned money for a total return of, wait for it...... 0.6% - yes that is correct, 0.6% for a full 12 months! When I ring to query the poor performance, I am told it was my fault for selecting the plan. When I explained I had never spoken to a consultant in 10 years, I was told "we are not financial advisers". So it begs asking, what are ANZ doing in the superannuation business? We give our money to a business that basically abdicates itself of all responsibility, but happy to take the money............ My account will be closed and moved elsewhere forthwith.

Carol

Carol

Lack of humanity and service

See all ANZ Smart Choice Super reviews

Dayvo

Dayvoasked

My super was automatically transferred from ing to anz super. What I find frustrating is I get all these emails from anz telling me how easy it is to check on.my super to see how it is performing on line .The problem is that I have been told i must bank with them to be able to access . Why should I open a new account or transfer my savings to anz .

Prasanna

Prasannaasked

Which super fund to go for i AM STUCK WITH anz?

That depends on what you want. It could be you want to run it yourself and need an SMSF fund, or you may want a fund without annual admin fees, or lots of life insurance, or nil life insurance, or a huge range of investment choices. I like my funds to send me updates regularly like my bank account does. Make a list of what you want and then go looking. Kenmore Financial provide professional financial advise if you need further help.

Patricia Randall

Patricia Randallasked

How many days will it take for my super to be released from smart choice Super ANZ?

W5739

A long long time well a couple of months. And every time you call and are on phone for 1 hour. They will tell you anything to get you off the phone.
Lie outright saying tonight you will have your money. Even treat Financial Advisers the same.
Very disappointed with ANZ.

Other Retail Superannuation Funds