Ryan s
Ryan sPerth, WA

Expensive, inflexible, and a low-tech online experience

Continually charged to hold an account with ANZ bank because I didnt perform enough transactions. Phone wait time was 20 minutes, followed by another 20 for tech support to fix a broken app. Internet banking experience is overly simple with no options to set up alerts, advanced filters on account transactions, and other things that other banks have.

Dennis
Dennis

Security issue with ANZ online banking

Emma
EmmaPerth, WA

Wasting my time at ANZ Armadale Branch

I come early this morning before 9.30 am for help on my bank account problem. I waited outside for about 15 minutes until the door open. I was greeted by a young lady CS staff and asked of my problem. After I explain the problem she suggested me to sort out my own problem via internet banking. I asked her if she could help sort it out with her PC, she said I should do it myself. To be able to help me
there must be an appointment made before. So I came from home expecting to be helped just to be sent home helping myself. I have wasted 1 hour of my time to go to the bank without any solution. Please train your young CS staff not to so that to walk-in customer.

TopicGeneral Transactions

Digital
DigitalSouth East Queensland, QLD

Years of Decline

Terrible service

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
Neeta
NeetaPerth, WA

I've had enough!!!!

Been a customer for nearly 20 yrs. No complaints about loans and such but personal service is as bad as it gets now. waiting 7-10 to deposit due to not using ATM. I will be changing next year.

Elly B.
Elly B.Sydney, NSW

Annoyingly convoluted registration

This bank needs to streamline their online services. It is extremely confusing working out which numbers are needed where. It is possible to be secure while also keeping things straightforward. I've been given a ton of different passcodes, successfully logged onto the app, and am now locked out of online banking using the exact correct details I've just been given. Stupid.

Boban f.
Boban f.Murray Region, NSW

Why not save Australian jobs by moving from Singapore

Kar Chan W.
Kar Chan W.

new appointment procedure for customer service is bad!

I have been customer of anz 20yr+ and until recently has been ok. The new appointment procedure to obtain customer service in any branch in perth is unworkable, annoying and cause significant inconvenience to customers. Long term premium customers should be offered personal banker service. I could not get in to make aus$200,000 term deposit in anz so took out the funds to deposit it with nab.

TopicGeneral Transactions

dayglow
dayglowAU

ANZ not passing on full rate cut

Very disappointed this bank has not passed on the full rate cut by RBA. They are not doing the right thing by their loyal customers. Will be looking to re-mortgage now so one more customer they will lose. Would not recommend them to family and friends.

Heather
Heather

No longer work with Australia Post

Well i have been with ANZ for years but its time to leave as i can no longer bank with them via Australia Post here in the country, a service i relied upon. ANZ made some 6.7 billion profit and wont pay 20m to Australia Post unlike CBA and others leaving me up the creek without a paddle! BYE ANZ i am switching banks where they care more about their country folks!

Katharine
KatharineGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Exorbitant fees for international transactions

I have been with the ANZ for over 15 years. I've found their branch service to be good, sometimes excellent. Until I found out about their fees for international transactions and transfers I had no problem with them.
I now find that they charge a 3% fee on all international transactions, including book royalties sent to me from the UK and the US. (I have confirmed this with a phone call to the bank today.)
This is a higher rate than the interest available on any ANZ saving account. Yes, I understand that there is some bureaucratic hassle in coping with foreign exchange rates, but why not a flat fee? If a foreigner were to send an ANZ customer $1,000,000 the ANZ would help themselves to $30,000. Money for jam, and unconscionable.

Shaunti
ShauntiRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Long customer service wait time

Waiting for over 15 minutes on the phone to talk to someone at 9am for a BANK who is using my money to make themselves money is completely unacceptable!! Hire some more people to answer the damn phones! There is no other way to contact ANZ. Every time you have a problem, you have to call in, no chat, no email, nothing, so obviously there is going to be a huge wait. The customer service people are good once you get them on the phone, but they just need more of them!

Linda Britten
Linda BrittenAdelaide

New App New Phone I don't think so

This latest move, NOT HAPPY JAN. I take great measures to keep my info safe. Go Money was perfect not need to write down 9 digit numbers. Now you tell me my phone isn't compatible. How many customers are leaving behind with this incompatibility ANZ. Well refinancing coming up maybe I need to say goodbye. In branch customer without comparision perhaps you need to take a lesson from the people at the coal face

Pepper
PepperTownsville

Why do you inconvenience your customers ANZ?

I have only ever banked with ANZ. I have used ANZ go Money for many years now and it worked beautifully and made banking a pleasure. The new App is not compatible with my phone and I will not buy a new phone just to use the App. Further, you have closed your branch nearest to me - mainly because people bank electronically these days.... ANZ I have 3 mortgages with you, I have large investments with you and I have insurances through you.
I also have other options which are becoming increasingly attractive when simple things become difficult to do.