Terry

TerryMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

OK with credit cards but terrible call centres

Well firstly the indian call centres are just terrible as sometimes the accent is difficult to understand. ANZ sent me an offer for the COVID-19 concerning the credit card hardship. They offered me reduced rate of %7 and no repayments for the next 3 months. Potentially up to 6 months! a good offer i think. They usually refund the overlimit fee of $20 witch is nice.

Dan Richardson

Dan RichardsonPerth, WA

Bushfire victim unable to access insurance funds

Con

ConSydney, NSW

Martin Place branch

I visited this branch during one of my breaks, and understandably due to high volume, there would be a longer wait time, but this wait used up my entire break.

Saving grace is upon returning later, the tellers were very useful and friendly.

TopicGeneral Transactions

Zach

ZachGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Negative Experiences Guaranteed

Banking with this company is always frustrating and brings consistent roadblocks. Even changing a card PIN is a one hour task. Telephone service staff are offshore and credit financing team is offshore. Going to speak to a banker in the branch is a waste of time because all information is then sent offshore and you will be waiting even longer for anything to be actioned.

Hidden Bonus interest

Been with this bank for many years. Had a good relationship manager once, who then retired. Since she left however I've got no one but the usual staff that was on duty. So there's no incentive to put more money in there, since I've got a better RM somewhere. After years of earning a meager 0 5% on the online saver, was accidentally told that we could have earned an extra bonus of 2%. Imagine my shock. Apparently it's been going on for years, had I had a RM I would have been told about it. Nothing was ever publicly announced. And you have to ask for it EVERY 3 MONTHS otherwise it's back to 0.5%. All good for about a year. But now it is suddenly stopped. It's a terrible way of earning trust which is ANZ's slogan.

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
RogerRover

RogerRoverSouth West, WA

The staff are not well trained.

I have had dealings with this bank for many years. I am a client and have also done property settlements where they have been the buyers lender. There have been problems with communications between head office and branches and I recently cane across a booth staff person that did not know about the Govt. Financial Guarantee. I also could not transfer a large sum of money from an ANZ term deposit to ME bank and ended up with a bank cheque to send through the post. The expert in head office s said it could be done but it couldn’t. Be very wary of any information they give. It is often different depending upon who you ask.

Worst app ever

I have used the old ANZ app for many years and it was great. They make you change to a new app, don't even have a choice , it is awful, takes longer to load. Hate the layout, has system issues , please bring the old one back , much more user friendly , very disappointed .

Robert Z

Robert ZGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

ANZ BANK; above the LAW

it was great before the voice verification

i had no issues with anz infact i would have given them 5 stars untill they decided that i should enroll in voice ID now. when doing so everytime i ring i have to say "she statement" 3 times and then when a person answers i have to repeat they now tell me my voice is not my own and i must now verify myself by going into the bank with identification...and can't access my accounts unless i do so. isn't this why phone banking was invented so that busy people had the ability to bank at home? well done anz!

Ejay

EjayPerth

Bank tellers moslty a joke

Frankly I don't know what sorta work culture they have behind the booths, but from the looks of it and from experience going around different ANZ branches in Perth, I find that its usually the older bank tellers that are rude, sarcastic, impatient or unhelpful. Did I mention cold too? Like unfeeling and not wanting your business or having anything to do with your problem. The younger ones in their 20s aren't like that AT ALL.

Just Want Service

Just Want ServiceSydney

Internet banking blocked bcause of too many users

Fed up with logging onto internnet bsnking, entering my transaction only to be told the system has too many people using it, try again later. Perhaps ANZ should invest some of their emormous profit for good internet useage. At present it falls very short of adequate.

Delphine

DelphineGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Thanks for never calling me back

Called ANZ multiple times to review my very high interest rate. Went into the branch, filled out all the paperwork, told i would hear back about the re-negotiated rate... never heard back. Called ANZ again, said they would get the manager to call me back... never did. I have now refinanced to another back. Your poor customer service pushed me out after i was willing to give you a chance. ANZ is only good for those who are self-employed. Home loan interest rates are higher then some of the other major 4's.

Kobe

KobeVictoria

Average

It is an OK Bank, not as bad as what everyone says but definitely has room to improve. They could learn a lot from the smaller more customer focused banks.

Customer service help line

Been an ANZ customer for more than 20years. The local branch staff are great. The customer service on the helplines is woeful. no help at all, hate the automated fake person system so frustrating, long waiting times. Very hard to get problems sorted, takes 6-8 weeks till you get your money back.they were not interested in helping to solve my problem at all.I was hung up on, had to go through the whole process again. Very very disappointed. Repeatedly bad experiences with the customer service line . Given incorrect information on multiple occasions. Bad system.

Julian

JulianMelbourne

Box Hill Branch Melbourne

I've been to this branch a number of times in the past because I used to work in Box Hill and I've had to wait a considerable amount of time to be served. Some of the telling windows were closed at the time I visited and the open tellers were slow. I'm thinking of changing banks.