APIA Car Insurance

• Claim ApprovedYes (7) · No
Rod
RodGippsland, VIC

Slow and disinterested service

25 days since the collision and my car has just been assessed. Then advised the panels have now got to be dismantled to find if further damage. How can they assess without dismantling the car? I was advised the repair could be three months or more. I asked can I put my insurance payments on hold as the claim has been accepted and I need to buy another car and cannot afford to pay for two car insurances, the answer was no. So I pay insurance on a car that is locked in a building and the building has its own insurance.

Car ModelSsangYong Rexton
Claim DateJuly 2021
Jayantha
JayanthaSydney, NSW

Handling of my claim

Extremely disappointed that Apia disregarded my version and even the photo I submitted.Despite several discussions I felt badly treated and let down by APia.THey just would not listen.very sad that they treat their clients so badly

Car ModelToyota Prado

Car ModelHonda Accord
Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim DateJune 2020
Claim ApprovedYes

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

We compared reviews on the Top 5 Most Popular Car Insurance Providers

Avleen M.
Avleen M.1 June 2020
we-compared-reviews-on-the-top-5-most-popular-car-insurance-providers
Andrew
AndrewSydney

Getting older doesn't mean I got lobotomised to good service!

Turning 50 recently, I switched my car insurance over to APIA, looking to benefit from lower premiums, what I didn't realise was the true cost of switching.
Needing to fix my vehicle after a minor accident, the service I've encountered has been nothing by a disaster. Having to leave my vehicle for days on end for inspection assessment, needing to go to multiple repairers, waiting weeks to have it fixed and having to travel +40 mins to the nearest repair who could do the work. The time and money wasted can't justifies the small cost saving.
Their ad says 'I wish that I knew what I know now', too right. Don't use APIA, you pay for what you get. Going back to Coles Car insurance by far a better offering.

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim DateMarch 2020
Chris S
Chris SIllawarra, NSW

Do your research peoples!

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months

Christine W.asked
Car Insurance - Comprehensive

I have lodged a claim with APIA, for damage to my car by a third party. But I was told by APIA that I have to pay the excess upfront, and I'll get it refunded "IF things work out with the third party"! I am having anxiety over the idea that I might get stuck with the $825 excess bill! This seems so wrong, when I'm the victim!

New Customer
New Customer

Check your product disclosure statement. Good luck! I forwarded my bank statement to them 4 days ago showing I was charged twice for my CTP renewal. Still NO communication. Apia needs to be held to account!

Christine W.

Thanks. I will do that. Good luck with yours.

paul merrett
paul merrettasked
Car Insurance

my car has been scratched on boot. if i make a claim do the premiums rise

David
Davidasked
Car Insurance - Comprehensive

Hi want now about my car insura

Get an answer from our members and APIA representatives

APIA Car Insurance

Compare all 3 APIA Car Insurance
CategoryRoadside Assistance Providers and Car InsuranceRoadside Assistance Providers and Car InsuranceRoadside Assistance Providers and Car Insurance
Other Insurance Types Offered Funeral, Health, Home and Contents and TravelFuneral, Health, Home and Contents and TravelFuneral, Health, Home and Contents and Travel
Coverage TypeComprehensiveThird Party Property DamageThird Party, Fire and Theft
UnderwriterAAIAAIAAI
Legal Liability Cover Included up to $20 millionIncluded up to $20 millionIncluded up to $20 million
Roadside Assistance Optional ExtraNot OfferedNot Offered
Reduced or Zero Excess Windscreen CoverZero Excess Optional ExtraNot OfferedNot Offered
Choice of RepairerAllowedAllowedAllowed
After Accident Care
Hire Car after an Incident

Optional extra, up to $90 per day for unlimited days

Not Included

Emergency Transport & AccommodationIncluded up to $500Included up to $500Included up to $500 for Fire & Theft only
Towing Costs IncludedNot IncludedIncluded
Hire Car after a No Fault Accident

Included up to 21 days

Essential / Emergency RepairsIncluded up to $500Not IncludedIncluded up to $500 for Fire & Theft only
Benefits
Pay As You Drive / Fixed Kilometre DiscountNot OfferedNot OfferedNot Offered
Hire Car after Theft

Lock and Key ReplacementIncluded up to $1,000Not IncludedIncluded up to $1,000
Transit Cover Not IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Trailer & Caravan CoverIncluded up to $2,000Not IncludedNot Included
Child Safety Seats and PramsIncluded as part of Personal Property cover, up to $1,000Not IncludedIncluded as part of Personal Property cover, for Fire & Theft only
New-for-old Car Replacement

Earlier than 10 years old

Not Included

Personal Property CoverIncluded up to a total of $1,000 (combined with Child Seats / Prams)Not IncludedIncluded up to a total of $1,000 for Fire & Theft only
Uninsured Motorist Benefit Not ApplicableIncluded up to $5,000Included up to $5,000
Accidental Loss or Damage