APIA Car Insurance

How to compare car insurance to find the best policy for you

Read now

• 1-2 weeks (4)
    • 2-4 weeks (3)
    • 1-2 months (1)
    • 3+ months (7)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (17) · No (2)
Simon
SimonGold Coast

APIA are for themselves..NOT Pensioners

Robert Rath
Robert RathSydney

APIA were easy to deal with, delivered what they promised. I am very impressed

I am a relatively new APIA customer and found their prices competitive, the service very good, no fuss and good followup.
I plan to convert all my insurance to them over time.

ANOTHER UNHAPPY CUSTOMER

NEVER DEAL WITH THESE SCAMMERS!!! Brand new car worth $37,800 with under 300kms was rear ended 4 days after purchase date with minimum $26,000 worth of damage including the chassis which voids all my 7 year warranty so instead of a replacement vehicle they want to fix it, if I wanted a second hand car I would have bought one! They go against what you as the customer want! Lawyers are getting involved to solve this matter because they’re too incompetent to do so professionally! Spread the word and go with any other company!!!

Scarlett
ScarlettDandenong

Screwed Over Big Time

Nellie
NellieN/a

16% increase in premium is excessive

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

We compared reviews on the Top 5 Most Popular Car Insurance Providers

Avleen M.
Avleen M.1 June 2020
we-compared-reviews-on-the-top-5-most-popular-car-insurance-providers
Shaynne
Shaynne

Wouldn't touch it with my enemy's vehicle

Nicholas S
Nicholas SSouthwest, VIC

Dishonest, incompetent, inefficient, infuriating overseas call centre

They insisted that I use their repairer and that I had selected this option on the original policy . I asked several times for a PDF of the policy but it never came.

They have a call centre in The Philippines staffed by people with poor English skills.They made numerous mistakes which were IMPOSSIBLE to sort out because of the language skills.

I found myself doing a lot of the work that they should have done.

Two final points:

1. Don't ever ever use Apia.
2. Don t believe the good reviews. The word choice, style of expression etc point to them being written by 1 or 2 individuals but you probably guessed that.

Morpheus
MorpheusGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

overpriced

over the last 3 years.... the premium rose from $50 a month to over $70 a month this year $853 for the year for a 10 year old Commodore...no claims ....got a quote from RACV....$256 cheaper....Apia have a kilometre range of 5000 to 10000 kilometre ....for that discount ??? RACV have no range restriction....

Isa
IsaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Very long time to get car assessed

had my parked car damaged badly 2 weeks ago and have been told still has not been assessed I find this far too long to wait, not happy with time

Insurance TypeComprehensive

Andrew
AndrewSydney

Getting older doesn't mean I got lobotomised to good service!

Turning 50 recently, I switched my car insurance over to APIA, looking to benefit from lower premiums, what I didn't realise was the true cost of switching.
Needing to fix my vehicle after a minor accident, the service I've encountered has been nothing by a disaster. Having to leave my vehicle for days on end for inspection assessment, needing to go to multiple repairers, waiting weeks to have it fixed and having to travel +40 mins to the nearest repair who could do the work. The time and money wasted can't justifies the small cost saving.
Their ad says 'I wish that I knew what I know now', too right. Don't use APIA, you pay for what you get. Going back to Coles Car insurance by far a better offering.

AlA  53
AlA 53

Excessive premiums

After receiving my car insurance renewal I noticed that my premium was 8.7 % higher than the previous year and to add insult to injury my car was insured for $1400 less I called APIA to see if they could do less but the best they could do was take $30,00 a year of the price even though i had been quoted a policy that was $210 a year lees for an identical policy. This company promotes itself as looking after pensioners but in my opinion pensioners would be better served by shopping around for a better quote from a insurance company that looks after your needs and does not treat you like your a idiot.

May
MaySouth East Queensland, QLD

Red Tape Trying To Delay Claim

die Gallis
die GallisTasmania

Would definitely recommend APIA car insurance

We lodged an online claim on Sunday afternoon, APIA rang back on Monday and the car got picked up by a tow truck within an hour or so. As we live in country Tas this is quite remarkable. Car was taken to be assessed. Since it was written-off we had pay-out in our bank account by Friday of the same week. Super quick and friendly.

Gary
GarySydney Surrounds, NSW

Reasonably priced comprehensive car insurance

Called the Apia help line to renew my car insurance. Was attended to and assisted quickly. Renewed my policy without fuss. Recommended insuring through Apia if you're over 55 for seniors discount

techknow
techknowSouth East Queensland, QLD

Thank you again APIA, lifesavers and tremendous to deal with.

Christine W.asked
Car Insurance - Comprehensive

I have lodged a claim with APIA, for damage to my car by a third party. But I was told by APIA that I have to pay the excess upfront, and I'll get it refunded "IF things work out with the third party"! I am having anxiety over the idea that I might get stuck with the $825 excess bill! This seems so wrong, when I'm the victim!

New Customer
New Customer

Check your product disclosure statement. Good luck! I forwarded my bank statement to them 4 days ago showing I was charged twice for my CTP renewal. Still NO communication. Apia needs to be held to account!

Christine W.

Thanks. I will do that. Good luck with yours.

paul merrett
paul merrettasked
Car Insurance

my car has been scratched on boot. if i make a claim do the premiums rise

David
Davidasked
Car Insurance - Comprehensive

Hi want now about my car insura

Get an answer from our members and APIA representatives

APIA Car Insurance

Compare all 3 APIA Car Insurance
CategoryRoadside Assistance Providers and Car InsuranceRoadside Assistance Providers and Car InsuranceRoadside Assistance Providers and Car Insurance
Other Insurance Types Offered Funeral, Health, Home and Contents and TravelFuneral, Health, Home and Contents and TravelFuneral, Health, Home and Contents and Travel
Coverage TypeComprehensiveThird Party Property DamageThird Party, Fire and Theft
UnderwriterAAIAAIAAI
Legal Liability Cover Included up to $20 millionIncluded up to $20 millionIncluded up to $20 million
Roadside Assistance Optional ExtraNot OfferedNot Offered
Reduced or Zero Excess Windscreen CoverZero Excess Optional ExtraNot OfferedNot Offered
Choice of RepairerAllowedAllowedAllowed
After Accident Care
Hire Car after an Incident

Optional extra, up to $90 per day for unlimited days

Not Included

Emergency Transport & AccommodationIncluded up to $500Included up to $500Included up to $500 for Fire & Theft only
Towing Costs IncludedNot IncludedIncluded
Hire Car after a No Fault Accident

Included up to 21 days

Essential / Emergency RepairsIncluded up to $500Not IncludedIncluded up to $500 for Fire & Theft only
Benefits
Pay As You Drive / Fixed Kilometre DiscountNot OfferedNot OfferedNot Offered
Hire Car after Theft

Lock and Key ReplacementIncluded up to $1,000Not IncludedIncluded up to $1,000
Transit Cover Not IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Trailer & Caravan CoverIncluded up to $2,000Not IncludedNot Included
Child Safety Seats and PramsIncluded as part of Personal Property cover, up to $1,000Not IncludedIncluded as part of Personal Property cover, for Fire & Theft only
New-for-old Car Replacement

Earlier than 10 years old

Not Included

Personal Property CoverIncluded up to a total of $1,000 (combined with Child Seats / Prams)Not IncludedIncluded up to a total of $1,000 for Fire & Theft only
Uninsured Motorist Benefit Not ApplicableIncluded up to $5,000Included up to $5,000
Accidental Loss or Damage