APIA Car Insurance

How to compare car insurance to find the best policy for you

Read now

• 1-2 weeks (4)
    • 2-4 weeks (3)
    • 1-2 months (1)
    • 3+ months (7)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (17) · No (2)
Sal

SalSydney Surrounds, NSW

Excellent service and value

Great value saving alot of money now. Excellent service from your staff member . He was able to answer all my questions. First time I have been super excited about my age. Finally i am old enough to use Apia

Derek

DerekSydney, NSW

Sharp Practices

Unreliable computer system, never use again

Dave Thomson

Dave ThomsonPerth, WA

Awful Service

paul

paulhowrah tasmania

Pleasant staff, very efficient.

Been with them 2.5 years, low prices, protected No claim bonus on both our cars. Partner went to their recommended repairer who unfortunately painted the rear bumper the wrong colour! [It was the original 6 yea ar old colour,but the car naturally had faded, & they did not match it. I did not notice until 2 months later.] Apart from that, they have been great.

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019

we-compared-reviews-on-the-top-5-most-popular-car-insurance-providers
Scott Perkins

Scott Perkins

Don’t bother

I had Car and Contents insurance with APIA had an incident when I went to claim with Contents made complaint I left to join NRMA and they are still taking money out of my account ? Dont go with APIA I made complaint all they could do was blame computer?

Not Happy Jan

Not Happy JanGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

You Cost Us Money

rudy

rudyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Terrific service !

Within days of lodging an on-line claim we were contacted by Apia and literally wheels were set into motion to repair the damage as soon as possible. Booked into the repairers a couple of days later. Dropped of the car, Apia organised Uber to the nearest Hertz rental to keep us mobile. Three days later and despite an overlapping weekend, I was called to say the car was ready. Once again Uber was waiting at Hertz to take us to the repairers, who offer a Life-time guarantee on the repair! The whole process was seamlessly with minimum of fuss. The car looked was perfect. Top rating for this service, which we think was value for money.

Michelle

MichellePerth, WA

Dishonest, Corporate greed at its finest

The only reason APIA specialise in seniors is to take advantage of the disadvantaged! They added a four hundred and fifty dollar door to a car accident claim taking it over the $3000 excess by $6 so they could write the car off and hence pay out $2300 an absolute rort. taking this to AFCA. They shoudn't get any stars at all. I feel like I'm living in Nigeria !!!
Insured since 2005 Bad value car goes down in value insurance price goes up
Moved to western QBE yesterday full comprehensive $480 per annum half the price
Stay Away

mallymuff

mallymuffMelbourne, Vic

NOT HAPPY

My latest car insurance renewal from Apia is over $100 more than last year! I drive less than 2,000K/year, have never had a claim and have been with Apia for years. It feels like a greedy grab and I'm definitely not staying with them. The blurb they give you to qualify their upping the premium would probably never happen, they must think people come down in the last drizzle. :(

Premium ride up

This it fist year I was with APIA , but not happy when renewal increases more than$100 dollars with no claim ,my car value less then $8000 dollars from $35.000 to $24.000 no more with this insurance ./

Jenny T

Jenny TSydney, NSW

Excellent claims experience

I recently had to claim on our car insurance with APIA - was a minor accident but still worrying as we were concerned about getting things sorted, car in for repairs etc. We needn't have worried. From the time we submitted claim over the phone it was all handled efficiently by very helpful staff. The repair was done by a very good company (Capital Smart @ Seven Hills) & all went well. I am very happy with APIA & can recommend them for great claims action. Their premiums are very competitive but it really is more important that your insurer is prompt & reliable when you have to make a claim.

Steve S.

Steve S.Launceston, TAS

Cannot fault the service - exemplary!

gordon 22

gordon 22Peel, WA

Don’t reward experience

Put a claim in for storm damage and won’t payout because water damage on van .had never leaked before event made out to be dishonest very rude.was told by assessor van was in poor condition and I was of aware of the leak.no water testing done .rewarding experience they say

Jac

JacHunter Region, NSW

Ppaiiid my posted quote $40 cheaper online...

Pretty unhappy charged 280 on the posted quote....paid this then found it was 40..00 cheaper online...emailed apia..sorry they can't find my insurances.....just phoned the office and yes I'm insured.....loyalty does not pay

Christine W.asked

Car Insurance - Comprehensive

I have lodged a claim with APIA, for damage to my car by a third party. But I was told by APIA that I have to pay the excess upfront, and I'll get it refunded "IF things work out with the third party"! I am having anxiety over the idea that I might get stuck with the $825 excess bill! This seems so wrong, when I'm the victim!

New Customer
New Customer

Check your product disclosure statement. Good luck! I forwarded my bank statement to them 4 days ago showing I was charged twice for my CTP renewal. Still NO communication. Apia needs to be held to account!

Christine W.

Thanks. I will do that. Good luck with yours.

paul merrett

paul merrettasked

Car Insurance

my car has been scratched on boot. if i make a claim do the premiums rise

David

Davidasked

Car Insurance - Comprehensive

Hi want now about my car insura

Get an answer from our members and APIA representatives

APIA Car Insurance

Compare all 3 APIA Car Insurance
CategoryRoadside Assistance Providers and Car InsuranceRoadside Assistance Providers and Car InsuranceRoadside Assistance Providers and Car Insurance
Other Insurance Types Offered Funeral, Health, Home and Contents and TravelFuneral, Health, Home and Contents and TravelFuneral, Health, Home and Contents and Travel
Coverage TypeComprehensiveThird Party Property DamageThird Party, Fire and Theft
UnderwriterAAIAAIAAI
Legal Liability Cover Included up to $20 millionIncluded up to $20 millionIncluded up to $20 million
Roadside Assistance Optional ExtraNot OfferedNot Offered
Reduced or Zero Excess Windscreen CoverZero Excess Optional ExtraNot OfferedNot Offered
Choice of RepairerAllowedAllowedAllowed
After Accident Care
Hire Car after an Incident

Optional extra, up to $90 per day for unlimited days

Not Included

Emergency Transport & AccommodationIncluded up to $500Included up to $500Included up to $500 for Fire & Theft only
Towing Costs IncludedNot IncludedIncluded
Hire Car after a No Fault Accident

Included up to 21 days

Essential / Emergency RepairsIncluded up to $500Not IncludedIncluded up to $500 for Fire & Theft only
Benefits
Pay As You Drive / Fixed Kilometre DiscountNot OfferedNot OfferedNot Offered
Hire Car after Theft

Lock and Key ReplacementIncluded up to $1,000Not IncludedIncluded up to $1,000
Transit Cover Not IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Trailer & Caravan CoverIncluded up to $2,000Not IncludedNot Included
Child Safety Seats and PramsIncluded as part of Personal Property cover, up to $1,000Not IncludedIncluded as part of Personal Property cover, for Fire & Theft only
New-for-old Car Replacement

Earlier than 10 years old

Not Included

Personal Property CoverIncluded up to a total of $1,000 (combined with Child Seats / Prams)Not IncludedIncluded up to a total of $1,000 for Fire & Theft only
Uninsured Motorist Benefit Not ApplicableIncluded up to $5,000Included up to $5,000
Accidental Loss or Damage