APIA Car Insurance

How to compare car insurance to find the best policy for you

Read now

• 1-2 weeks (4)
    • 2-4 weeks (3)
    • 1-2 months (1)
    • 3+ months (7)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (17) · No (2)
Socrates
SocratesMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

I had very good service with my car insurance claim.

I had to lodge a claim and it was in my opinion an easy and quite straight forward process, it was only minor damage to be repaired on our car but it was all done in 4 working days, I'm very impressed.
I have been with APIA for over 20 years and I will continue to stay with them because I'm a loyal customer and I have no reason to change insurance companies, thankyou to the staff at APIA.

Chris S
Chris SIllawarra, NSW

Do your research peoples!

Paul H
Paul HIllawarra, NSW

Thought they could get by me with exorbitant renewal notice

Apia renewal was $850 and i shop around to compare the market. Compare the market research said woolies was cheaper but woolies insurance is owned by two brothers in South Africa. Budget Direct was next best so went with them. Just discovered they are owned by a African group also. Will change again next year. Budget total cost $520, better agreed value and 8000 klm limit

Xy guy
Xy guyCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Shop around no customer loyalty with Apia

Have been with Apia since I got my new car in the beginning of 2014. Each year my car depreciated but up up up went my monthly insurance. Now it's become ridiculous. Called and got spoken to like I'm an idiot with excuses that didn't wash. Shopped around and got exactly the same insurance with another well known and respected insurer for $230 a year less. Apia, seriously, you should be rewarding customer loyalty, not punishing it. Never again.

BruserSnr
BruserSnrPerth, WA

I wouldn't insure anywhere else.

Insurance claim madeYes

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019

we-compared-reviews-on-the-top-5-most-popular-car-insurance-providers
Laurenv
LaurenvMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

APIA...not for Seniors!

I have been insured with APIA for a few yrs now, and , at first, they were top notch. Now, my car insurance premiums have risen a LOT! ON enquiring why, I was given the usual blurb about their superior cover etc, which is untrue, as I discovered that I am not even covered for windshield damage. The fact that my cars' value is reducing, thus means a smaller payout from them, should my car be written off..and so on. I have had various quotes, but will probably go with CGU, via my Credit Union...about $20 p/mth cheaper, and with better cover.

Riaan
RiaanBrisbane

Not the right insurance

nogard
nogardAU

Bad Insurance

Apia claim to be for the senior’s in Australia. In my experience they are far from that. Not once since I have been with them have they got my insurance details correct, nor have they insured me for the correct amount. To add insult to injury my insurance policy was cancelled due to non-payment, which I was not aware of.

This kind of greedy and incompetent insurance company is not for the seniors but purely for the shareholders. Don’t let the smarmy ads and the bright talk fool you. They are giving nothing away and taking as much as possible whilst doing as little as they can.

sam
sam

No hassles and no fuss. Truly fantastic.

Very good experience. No problems. They listen to your problems and solve them. The operators are sympathetic and help make things better.

Fast, efficient, compassionate

I was rear-ended in the morning of a Tuesday and got the guy's details. I contacted APIA that day, was asked to bring the car into their repair centre the next morning, was transported to the hire car company for my replacement vehicle and collected my car on the Friday (3 DAYS AFTER THE ACCIDENT!!!). Clearly it was a small bingle, but nonetheless upsetting.
Brilliant service!

ZZtop
ZZtopMackay

There is no Fool like an Old Fool

I have recently gone "shopping" for a better car insurance online and I asked for a quote from few insurers.
I thought that APIA would be a good choice for us "oldies" as I am well over 50, never had and accident at fault, drive less than 10,000km per year and have a safe parking option.
I got quote from RACQ for $379, Budget Direct for $393, quite a few others for up to $450 and APIA hit me with $530!. Wow! What a privilege!
It seems they think we are all Altzheimer's sufferers.
I'll stay away from them.

Insurance claim madeNo

The worst car insurance company on the market

Insurance claim madeYes

APIA leaves disabled woman; autistic child without car on school holidays due to surface hole in boo

Disgusted

Disgusted with the poor process of getting my refund and the run around I have received and the misleading information. The amount of money I was told I would get in refund has changed.

alansainters
alansainters

ABSOLUTELY UNJUSTIFIED PREMIUM HIKE

I have been with APIA for a number of years and I purchased a new vehicle in October 2017. I rolled over the insurance from an older vehicle with the payments quoted at $55.00 per month. I am just gobsmacked that on my renewal notice the payments have gone to $130.00 per month or $1630.00 per year for absolutely no reason. I've had no claims, good driving history ,etc. They can't give me a really valid reason, probably hoping I wouldn't notice the massive increase in the monthly debit.
I have rang around and gotten many quotes in the $500.00 to $600.00 range.
Don't believe their hype about offering a better deal for older drivers and shop around. I'm 65 by the way.

Christine W.asked
Car Insurance - Comprehensive

I have lodged a claim with APIA, for damage to my car by a third party. But I was told by APIA that I have to pay the excess upfront, and I'll get it refunded "IF things work out with the third party"! I am having anxiety over the idea that I might get stuck with the $825 excess bill! This seems so wrong, when I'm the victim!

New Customer
New Customer

Check your product disclosure statement. Good luck! I forwarded my bank statement to them 4 days ago showing I was charged twice for my CTP renewal. Still NO communication. Apia needs to be held to account!

Christine W.

Thanks. I will do that. Good luck with yours.

paul merrett
paul merrettasked
Car Insurance

my car has been scratched on boot. if i make a claim do the premiums rise

David
Davidasked
Car Insurance - Comprehensive

Hi want now about my car insura

Get an answer from our members and APIA representatives

APIA Car Insurance

Compare all 3 APIA Car Insurance
CategoryRoadside Assistance Providers and Car InsuranceRoadside Assistance Providers and Car InsuranceRoadside Assistance Providers and Car Insurance
Other Insurance Types Offered Funeral, Health, Home and Contents and TravelFuneral, Health, Home and Contents and TravelFuneral, Health, Home and Contents and Travel
Coverage TypeComprehensiveThird Party Property DamageThird Party, Fire and Theft
UnderwriterAAIAAIAAI
Legal Liability Cover Included up to $20 millionIncluded up to $20 millionIncluded up to $20 million
Roadside Assistance Optional ExtraNot OfferedNot Offered
Reduced or Zero Excess Windscreen CoverZero Excess Optional ExtraNot OfferedNot Offered
Choice of RepairerAllowedAllowedAllowed
After Accident Care
Hire Car after an Incident

Optional extra, up to $90 per day for unlimited days

Not Included

Emergency Transport & AccommodationIncluded up to $500Included up to $500Included up to $500 for Fire & Theft only
Towing Costs IncludedNot IncludedIncluded
Hire Car after a No Fault Accident

Included up to 21 days

Essential / Emergency RepairsIncluded up to $500Not IncludedIncluded up to $500 for Fire & Theft only
Benefits
Pay As You Drive / Fixed Kilometre DiscountNot OfferedNot OfferedNot Offered
Hire Car after Theft

Lock and Key ReplacementIncluded up to $1,000Not IncludedIncluded up to $1,000
Transit Cover Not IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Trailer & Caravan CoverIncluded up to $2,000Not IncludedNot Included
Child Safety Seats and PramsIncluded as part of Personal Property cover, up to $1,000Not IncludedIncluded as part of Personal Property cover, for Fire & Theft only
New-for-old Car Replacement

Earlier than 10 years old

Not Included

Personal Property CoverIncluded up to a total of $1,000 (combined with Child Seats / Prams)Not IncludedIncluded up to a total of $1,000 for Fire & Theft only
Uninsured Motorist Benefit Not ApplicableIncluded up to $5,000Included up to $5,000
Accidental Loss or Damage