APIA Car Insurance

How to compare car insurance to find the best policy for you

Read now

Insurance claim madeYes
kennygee

kennygee

apia car insurance

Over 55's and pensioners should check all other insurance before blindly taking out APIA. Apia is actually GIO masquerading as a stand alone company.All their ads show people who "saved" money.The facts are that there are cheaper insurance companies for pensioners and APIA is preying on gullible pensioners . If you cannot check on the net yourself get someone to do it for you..DONT GET SCAMMED!!

Insurance claim madeNo

Bad Repairs and Assessor

We were accused by the assessor of making a claim for a predamage. We were accused by the assessor of hitting a smaller animal than we did. Not all the damage that was reported was fixed. APIA told us we did not have the right to conversation text from our initial claim call.
The assessor alianated the repairer.
When I telephoned to make a complaint, I was refered to the assessor who made accusation against us.

Car Insurance

Find out how APIA Car Insurance compares to other Car Insurance

Arthur Williams

Arthur WilliamsPerth

Not happy

We have received our car insurance renewal today and not happy that, although the value of the car must certainly have gone, our insurance has increased by $$75,39 per annum - how much higher is it likely to go we ask,how much longer can we, as pensioners (who are being targeted by the budget) going to be able to afford such a luxury as a car ??

Christine W.asked

Car Insurance - Comprehensive

I have lodged a claim with APIA, for damage to my car by a third party. But I was told by APIA that I have to pay the excess upfront, and I'll get it refunded "IF things work out with the third party"! I am having anxiety over the idea that I might get stuck with the $825 excess bill! This seems so wrong, when I'm the victim!

New Customer
New Customer

Check your product disclosure statement. Good luck! I forwarded my bank statement to them 4 days ago showing I was charged twice for my CTP renewal. Still NO communication. Apia needs to be held to account!

Christine W.

Thanks. I will do that. Good luck with yours.

paul merrett

paul merrettasked

Car Insurance

my car has been scratched on boot. if i make a claim do the premiums rise

David

Davidasked

Car Insurance - Comprehensive

Hi want now about my car insura

Get an answer from our members and APIA representatives

APIA Car Insurance

Compare all 3 APIA Car Insurance
CategoryRoadside Assistance Providers and Car InsuranceRoadside Assistance Providers and Car InsuranceRoadside Assistance Providers and Car Insurance
Other Insurance Types Offered Funeral, Health, Home and Contents and TravelFuneral, Health, Home and Contents and TravelFuneral, Health, Home and Contents and Travel
Coverage TypeComprehensiveThird Party Property DamageThird Party, Fire and Theft
UnderwriterAAIAAIAAI
Legal Liability Cover Included up to $20 millionIncluded up to $20 millionIncluded up to $20 million
Roadside Assistance Optional ExtraNot OfferedNot Offered
Reduced or Zero Excess Windscreen CoverZero Excess Optional ExtraNot OfferedNot Offered
Choice of RepairerAllowedAllowedAllowed
After Accident Care
Hire Car after an Incident

Optional extra, up to $90 per day for unlimited days

Not Included

Emergency Transport & AccommodationIncluded up to $500Included up to $500Included up to $500 for Fire & Theft only
Towing Costs IncludedNot IncludedIncluded
Hire Car after a No Fault Accident

Included up to 21 days

Essential / Emergency RepairsIncluded up to $500Not IncludedIncluded up to $500 for Fire & Theft only
Benefits
Pay As You Drive / Fixed Kilometre DiscountNot OfferedNot OfferedNot Offered
Hire Car after Theft

Lock and Key ReplacementIncluded up to $1,000Not IncludedIncluded up to $1,000
Transit Cover Not IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Trailer & Caravan CoverIncluded up to $2,000Not IncludedNot Included
Child Safety Seats and PramsIncluded as part of Personal Property cover, up to $1,000Not IncludedIncluded as part of Personal Property cover, for Fire & Theft only
New-for-old Car Replacement

Earlier than 10 years old

Not Included

Personal Property CoverIncluded up to a total of $1,000 (combined with Child Seats / Prams)Not IncludedIncluded up to a total of $1,000 for Fire & Theft only
Uninsured Motorist Benefit Not ApplicableIncluded up to $5,000Included up to $5,000
Accidental Loss or Damage