APIA Car Insurance

How to compare car insurance to find the best policy for you

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

• Timeliness
  • Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (1)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (1) · No (0)
Howdy
HowdySomerton

New insurance

Just changed to APIA for my car insurance, half price of my old one. Thanks for the savings, easy to set up and great customer service. Look forward to many years of service.

paul
paulhowrah tasmania

Pleasant staff, very efficient.

Been with them 2.5 years, low prices, protected No claim bonus on both our cars. Partner went to their recommended repairer who unfortunately painted the rear bumper the wrong colour! [It was the original 6 yea ar old colour,but the car naturally had faded, & they did not match it. I did not notice until 2 months later.] Apart from that, they have been great.

Other Car Insurance

Grahame
GrahameHobart, TAS

Easy and satisfying claim

I find the premiums quite good value - not the cheapest but satisfactory. The recent claim I made was easy and worked a treat. Replacement hire car was simple and fast - the repair took a long time but that was because the manufacturer didn't have parts in Australia (!?!) so no fault of APIA. Happy customer for over 10 years now.

Insurance claim madeYes

Find out how APIA Car Insurance compares to other Car Insurance

vicki
vicki

Very Relieved

Insurance claim madeYes
LoretoSydney, NSW

Geat service customer

We have home insurance and 2 car comprehensive insurance and green slips with Apia very easy to talk to the over the phone I recommend it.
We are only a bit disappointed with the price they are similar to other insurance otherwise we will give 5 stars.

Loreto

Please disregard my previous comment, we are very disappointed with Apia I wrote another review, just now. They denied a claim after April storm. Now we are going to another institution.

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

We compared reviews on the Top 5 Most Popular Car Insurance Providers

Avleen M.
Avleen M.1 June 2020
we-compared-reviews-on-the-top-5-most-popular-car-insurance-providers
sivvie
sivvieCampania, near Hobart

A bit of a wait (but over Christmas and New Year) but work done was excellent.

Ute ploughed into our bull-nose veranda and cement-filled column - a mess. This was shored up for safety, then two-month wait which was distressing. Work excellent when carried out, and APIA pleasant and available.

Kbodiam
KbodiamWellington

Fantastic

Today my 63year old mother was in a accident.i rang Apia and explained she was stranded on the side of the road with her dog,and within seconds [name removed] from the call centre told me hang on and I will try to ring the mobile phone. [name removed] rang and had mum sorted out with a rented car and towe truck service. Thank you [name removed] from the claims department you are wonderful ,god bless you.
This is kind of service we need more of .
Thankyou so very much
[name removed] from the claims department call centre was straight onto it and made feel at ease and looked after my mum AA++
Can't say I have a fault with this

NENITAWALLY
NENITAWALLYMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

So far, so good.

Other Car Insurance

CathyP
CathyPGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Fast, helpful service, quick pay-out

Find out how APIA Car Insurance compares to other Car Insurance

Christine W.asked
Car Insurance - Comprehensive

I have lodged a claim with APIA, for damage to my car by a third party. But I was told by APIA that I have to pay the excess upfront, and I'll get it refunded "IF things work out with the third party"! I am having anxiety over the idea that I might get stuck with the $825 excess bill! This seems so wrong, when I'm the victim!

New Customer
New Customer

Check your product disclosure statement. Good luck! I forwarded my bank statement to them 4 days ago showing I was charged twice for my CTP renewal. Still NO communication. Apia needs to be held to account!

Christine W.

Thanks. I will do that. Good luck with yours.

paul merrett
paul merrettasked
Car Insurance

my car has been scratched on boot. if i make a claim do the premiums rise

David
Davidasked
Car Insurance - Comprehensive

Hi want now about my car insura

Get an answer from our members and APIA representatives

APIA Car Insurance

Compare all 3 APIA Car Insurance
CategoryRoadside Assistance Providers and Car InsuranceRoadside Assistance Providers and Car InsuranceRoadside Assistance Providers and Car Insurance
Other Insurance Types Offered Funeral, Health, Home and Contents and TravelFuneral, Health, Home and Contents and TravelFuneral, Health, Home and Contents and Travel
Coverage TypeComprehensiveThird Party Property DamageThird Party, Fire and Theft
UnderwriterAAIAAIAAI
Legal Liability Cover Included up to $20 millionIncluded up to $20 millionIncluded up to $20 million
Roadside Assistance Optional ExtraNot OfferedNot Offered
Reduced or Zero Excess Windscreen CoverZero Excess Optional ExtraNot OfferedNot Offered
Choice of RepairerAllowedAllowedAllowed
After Accident Care
Hire Car after an Incident

Optional extra, up to $90 per day for unlimited days

Not Included

Emergency Transport & AccommodationIncluded up to $500Included up to $500Included up to $500 for Fire & Theft only
Towing Costs IncludedNot IncludedIncluded
Hire Car after a No Fault Accident

Included up to 21 days

Essential / Emergency RepairsIncluded up to $500Not IncludedIncluded up to $500 for Fire & Theft only
Benefits
Pay As You Drive / Fixed Kilometre DiscountNot OfferedNot OfferedNot Offered
Hire Car after Theft

Lock and Key ReplacementIncluded up to $1,000Not IncludedIncluded up to $1,000
Transit Cover Not IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Trailer & Caravan CoverIncluded up to $2,000Not IncludedNot Included
Child Safety Seats and PramsIncluded as part of Personal Property cover, up to $1,000Not IncludedIncluded as part of Personal Property cover, for Fire & Theft only
New-for-old Car Replacement

Earlier than 10 years old

Not Included

Personal Property CoverIncluded up to a total of $1,000 (combined with Child Seats / Prams)Not IncludedIncluded up to a total of $1,000 for Fire & Theft only
Uninsured Motorist Benefit Not ApplicableIncluded up to $5,000Included up to $5,000
Accidental Loss or Damage