APIA Car Insurance

How to compare car insurance to find the best policy for you

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

• Timeliness
  • Job Satisfaction
  • Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (4)
    • 1-2 weeks (2)
    • 3+ months (1)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (8) · No (0)
GFW

GFWGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Customer Service Excellent

Discussed comprehensive car insurance renewal this morning. Achieved a very good renewal quote. Excellent Lady customer service person. I have been an Apia customer for many years and will remain so.

Insurance TypeComprehensive
Denis Brady

Denis BradyGippsland, VIC

Quick and easy to set up

I found the whole process of taking out the policy to be hassle free.The policy was set up within a few minutes and is good value for money.I would recommend Apia to others.

Keith

KeithGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Best service ever

Our car was subject to a no fault carpark collision. We submitted the claim on line and received an immediate assessment date and booking. The whole process was seamless and ultra quick through Capital Smart. Well done Apia, this is how business should be done.
Our newly repaired vehicle was even delivered back to our home free of charge !

Nina

NinaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

VERY IMPRESSED

Having to deal with APIA on behalf of my elderly parents over the past few years, I have had such fantastic customer service with every staff member that I have dealt with. They were friendly, easy to deal with and compassionate.

swamprat96

swamprat96

Good price way cheaper with a reasonable excess

Very simple to set up, great price and good extras. It's the second vehicle I've switched to APIA. Will be interesting to see the renewal next year and hope it stays a similar price

Insurance TypeComprehensive

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

We compared reviews on the Top 5 Most Popular Car Insurance Providers

Avleen M.
Avleen M.1 June 2020
we-compared-reviews-on-the-top-5-most-popular-car-insurance-providers
Robert Rath

Robert RathSydney

APIA were easy to deal with, delivered what they promised. I am very impressed

I am a relatively new APIA customer and found their prices competitive, the service very good, no fuss and good followup.
I plan to convert all my insurance to them over time.

die Gallis

die GallisTasmania

Would definitely recommend APIA car insurance

We lodged an online claim on Sunday afternoon, APIA rang back on Monday and the car got picked up by a tow truck within an hour or so. As we live in country Tas this is quite remarkable. Car was taken to be assessed. Since it was written-off we had pay-out in our bank account by Friday of the same week. Super quick and friendly.

Gary

GarySydney Surrounds, NSW

Reasonably priced comprehensive car insurance

Called the Apia help line to renew my car insurance. Was attended to and assisted quickly. Renewed my policy without fuss. Recommended insuring through Apia if you're over 55 for seniors discount

techknow

techknowSouth East Queensland, QLD

Thank you again APIA, lifesavers and tremendous to deal with.

Sal

SalSydney Surrounds, NSW

Excellent service and value

Great value saving alot of money now. Excellent service from your staff member . He was able to answer all my questions. First time I have been super excited about my age. Finally i am old enough to use Apia

rudy

rudyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Terrific service !

Within days of lodging an on-line claim we were contacted by Apia and literally wheels were set into motion to repair the damage as soon as possible. Booked into the repairers a couple of days later. Dropped of the car, Apia organised Uber to the nearest Hertz rental to keep us mobile. Three days later and despite an overlapping weekend, I was called to say the car was ready. Once again Uber was waiting at Hertz to take us to the repairers, who offer a Life-time guarantee on the repair! The whole process was seamlessly with minimum of fuss. The car looked was perfect. Top rating for this service, which we think was value for money.

Jenny T

Jenny TSydney, NSW

Excellent claims experience

I recently had to claim on our car insurance with APIA - was a minor accident but still worrying as we were concerned about getting things sorted, car in for repairs etc. We needn't have worried. From the time we submitted claim over the phone it was all handled efficiently by very helpful staff. The repair was done by a very good company (Capital Smart @ Seven Hills) & all went well. I am very happy with APIA & can recommend them for great claims action. Their premiums are very competitive but it really is more important that your insurer is prompt & reliable when you have to make a claim.

Steve S.

Steve S.Launceston, TAS

Cannot fault the service - exemplary!

Socrates

SocratesMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

I had very good service with my car insurance claim.

I had to lodge a claim and it was in my opinion an easy and quite straight forward process, it was only minor damage to be repaired on our car but it was all done in 4 working days, I'm very impressed.
I have been with APIA for over 20 years and I will continue to stay with them because I'm a loyal customer and I have no reason to change insurance companies, thankyou to the staff at APIA.

BruserSnr

BruserSnrPerth, WA

I wouldn't insure anywhere else.

Insurance claim madeYes

Christine W.asked

Car Insurance - Comprehensive

I have lodged a claim with APIA, for damage to my car by a third party. But I was told by APIA that I have to pay the excess upfront, and I'll get it refunded "IF things work out with the third party"! I am having anxiety over the idea that I might get stuck with the $825 excess bill! This seems so wrong, when I'm the victim!

New Customer
New Customer

Check your product disclosure statement. Good luck! I forwarded my bank statement to them 4 days ago showing I was charged twice for my CTP renewal. Still NO communication. Apia needs to be held to account!

Christine W.

Thanks. I will do that. Good luck with yours.

paul merrett

paul merrettasked

Car Insurance

my car has been scratched on boot. if i make a claim do the premiums rise

David

Davidasked

Car Insurance - Comprehensive

Hi want now about my car insura

Get an answer from our members and APIA representatives

APIA Car Insurance

Compare all 3 APIA Car Insurance
CategoryRoadside Assistance Providers and Car InsuranceRoadside Assistance Providers and Car InsuranceRoadside Assistance Providers and Car Insurance
Other Insurance Types Offered Funeral, Health, Home and Contents and TravelFuneral, Health, Home and Contents and TravelFuneral, Health, Home and Contents and Travel
Coverage TypeComprehensiveThird Party Property DamageThird Party, Fire and Theft
UnderwriterAAIAAIAAI
Legal Liability Cover Included up to $20 millionIncluded up to $20 millionIncluded up to $20 million
Roadside Assistance Optional ExtraNot OfferedNot Offered
Reduced or Zero Excess Windscreen CoverZero Excess Optional ExtraNot OfferedNot Offered
Choice of RepairerAllowedAllowedAllowed
After Accident Care
Hire Car after an Incident

Optional extra, up to $90 per day for unlimited days

Not Included

Emergency Transport & AccommodationIncluded up to $500Included up to $500Included up to $500 for Fire & Theft only
Towing Costs IncludedNot IncludedIncluded
Hire Car after a No Fault Accident

Included up to 21 days

Essential / Emergency RepairsIncluded up to $500Not IncludedIncluded up to $500 for Fire & Theft only
Benefits
Pay As You Drive / Fixed Kilometre DiscountNot OfferedNot OfferedNot Offered
Hire Car after Theft

Lock and Key ReplacementIncluded up to $1,000Not IncludedIncluded up to $1,000
Transit Cover Not IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Trailer & Caravan CoverIncluded up to $2,000Not IncludedNot Included
Child Safety Seats and PramsIncluded as part of Personal Property cover, up to $1,000Not IncludedIncluded as part of Personal Property cover, for Fire & Theft only
New-for-old Car Replacement

Earlier than 10 years old

Not Included

Personal Property CoverIncluded up to a total of $1,000 (combined with Child Seats / Prams)Not IncludedIncluded up to a total of $1,000 for Fire & Theft only
Uninsured Motorist Benefit Not ApplicableIncluded up to $5,000Included up to $5,000
Accidental Loss or Damage