APIA Travel Insurance

APIA Travel Insurance

BruserSnr

BruserSnrPerth, WA

Settled my claim with speed, efficiency and courtesy.

I have nothing but praise for APIA Travel Insurance. I first contacted them by phone to find out the claim procedure for major medical expenses incurred on a cruise. They immediately replied by e-mail, with the necessary procedure and forms to complete. On receipt of the forms, APIA promised a decision within 10 business days (from memory). It actually took them about 1 week to have the funds in to my account. I have nothing but praise for the speed, efficiency and courtesy I received from APIA.

Annie RMelbourne

Travel with confidence.

Had a fall whilst cruising, broken bone in my foot, exrays, doctor, moon boot & crutches had to be purchased. Apia could not have been more helpful. Expenses fully covered.

Jan

JanMelbourne

Must read fine print carefully!

We took travel insurance with Apia as we thought they were a reputable company, caring for seniors and all that! While traveling in Europe I required emergency dental care for a non preexisting dental issue. When I tried to claim I was informed as I hadn't fallen over or been in an accident, I was not covered. I was then informed I only had cover for the "external" not internal. I was told that this was stipulated in the fine print. I will NEVER choose to insure with APIA ever again, very disappointed!

What is not covered should be made more clear. Not just put in the fine print.

Armanda

Armandaasked

What cover do you have for a 76 year old?

Janice Polglase

Janice Polglaseasked

Whatis the vantiage of travel insurance?

Annie R

Misshaps, injuries, luggage loss are all unfortunately part of travelling. You may travel many times without a problem, but these things can pop up when least expected. If you have travel insurance the worry of hidden expenses is removed. I broke a bone in my foot whilst on a cruise, xrays doctors and treatment were all covered. It was an American ship so you can imagine the cost. The treatment was excellent and so was my insurance coverage.

Get an answer from our members and APIA representatives

CategoryTravel Insurance
Theft of Cash $500
Delayed Luggage $350
Credit Card FraudNot Included
Travel Documents / Passport $3,000
Maximum Single Item Limit $3,000 (Cameras)
Luggage & Personal Effects $5,000