APIA Home Insurance

APIA Home Insurance

1.1

• Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks (2), 2-4 weeks (1) and 3+ months (6)
  • Claim ApprovedYes · No (14)
Ziad

ZiadSydney, NSW

Worst insurance ever

My parents made a claimand they told my parents that the car has been in more than one accident we can't fix it but it was all in the same accident we had a car and a pole and they say this is not right we want fix your car. So much for insurance in this crisis
Worst value for money.
I'm still waiting for someone to contact me to solve my problem with a pier it's taking forever

Type of ClaimVandalism/Malicious Damage
Claim DateAugust 2020
Angus

AngusSouth East Queensland, QLD

Crooks, Thieves and Liars

Happy to take my money but not happy to pay the claim. Forced me to break covid quarantine to get reading glasses they would not replace. Eventually claim given to investigation department as they had misplaced original photos and details. Dealt with rude, arrogant and anti semetic youths. These guys prey on the elderly.

Dave C

Dave CSouth East Queensland, QLD

Just Don't! You pay premiums - they don't pay claims.

Claim DateNovember 2020
Home and Contents Insurance

Find out how APIA Home Insurance compares to other Home and Contents Insurance

michael r

michael rSydney, NSW

Worst insurance company Apia

Worst insurance company I have lodged a claim and is still being declined 11 months and I have lodged a complaint with the ombudsman they will use every excuse not to pay they are putting the blame on Sydney water now if you are thinking about insurance with them think again go else where.we have been with Apia for 6 years worst insurance company out and this is our first claim.the building company that they use D.W.Knox have the worst reviews but they still choose to use them .

Claim DateDecember 2019
bbwgus

bbwgusGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Privacy matters - does it?

Been dealing with these people for over 18 months. Communication between them and A1 their repairer poor. Tradies come to my house and ask me "what has to be done" because they have not been told according to them. A1 tradies ask me for photos that A1 took.

They refuse to discuss my claim when they call me until I prove who I am. I get the privacy requirement but shouldn't it apply to them too? They sent me someone else's Lifetime Guarantee with all their personal details on it, someone else's privacy agreement and a statement of work with the A1 quoted prices on it, not in one email, but over three separate emails.

I have been with them over 10 years I think. Not a fan but insurance companies are much of a muchness.

Claim DateDecember 2018

Denial of Liability

Apia rejected a public liability claim made by a client of twenty years. There was no concrete evidence available and Apia denied the claim out of hand on the word of the other person.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim DateSeptember 2019

Disappointing communication

I have had 3 home policies with Apia for 7 years. I made my first claim after hail damage to a roof. After 9 months of frustration with lack of communication, Apia have offered $23k. The cost to replace the roof is more than $90k. One particular email I sent on 7th February, received a reply on 28th March.

Claim DateJuly 2019
Matty D

Matty DSydney Surrounds, NSW

Worst Insurance Experience Ever

Our house was damaged in Mid-January this year 2020 with a tree falling on the house, and up to this point in time all the communication has been one way, me calling them! APIA have some company which they own called A1 Building Company who supposedly do the assessments and reports for claims. They have been promising the report on our claim now for going on to three months, and the countless times I call I’m told the same thing: the report should be finalised in the next few days. APIA are in my opinion a very dodgy insurance outfit and I would strongly advise if you’re considering any type of insurance to stay well clear of this outfit! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Claim DateJanuary 2020
ads1212

ads1212Sydney, NSW

On hold until phone drops out

Apia, which is owned by SunCorpand this is really no different are HOPELESS when it comes to claims communication. They say you can do everything via their app, but that is utterly false. You are therefore forced to try and speak to someone. I’ve now done this unsuccessfully 4 times. Each time I wait for 45 MINUTES- being promised that they will “attend to my call ASAP “ - and then I am simply disconnected. I understand there have been fires etc but this does not mitigate their appalling customer service. ie. they could offer a call back service etc. don’t use them.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Home and Contents Insurance

Find out how APIA Home Insurance compares to other Home and Contents Insurance

Read the small print

Read the small printLaunceston, TAS

Delayed settlement

Made my claim for lost hearing aid on 13th November 2019. Was insured for $3249 and they offered me $2400 replacement that they could get but want to force me to use their supplier but I want to stick with the company who are looking after me very well. So I have escalated my rejection two level and still they are not communicating a result to me. At 71 I feel they are trying to bully me into accepting their offer which puts me out of pocket by $849

Claim DateNovember 2019

APIA Investigators: Dishonest?

Type of ClaimImpact at Home
Claim DateJuly 2011
Damien G.

Damien G.Mid North Coast, NSW

Over ten years paying without a claim

Over ten years we have had home, contents, car and funeral insurance. Wife falls over while vacuming and into the tv. Nope not covered so sorry, find out we arent even covered for theft. Obviously not happy and what do we have insurance for then? Preying on Pensioners its isgusting.

Type of ClaimImpact at Home
Claim DateMay 2019
Ian

IanMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Lost 1.2 carat diamond ring 22 carat gold which had made in Hong Kong

Got Home and Contents Insurance, also jewellery to value of $11,000. Lost ring put in claim for value of $4000 unable to produce certificate of value or photo etc. APIA sent details including a photo of ring similar to mine to Phenix jewelry, they sent value back of $500. Will be insuring with another company in future as over the years you pay thousands of dollars to these sharks who are quite willing to take your money but when it comes to a claim, BAD LUCK.

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim DateMarch 2019
southerngirl62

southerngirl62Sydney, NSW

Dragging the chain

I have two claims going at the same time one for storm damage for my home and the other for my investment property.
So far I could use a swear word but...they are the worst when it comes to paying or organising!!!
I was without power for 10 days and they couldnt care less they still havent paid me the fair compensation and the investment property has had water leaking onto the floors since the 21st March and still no plumber.
My renewal is just about up and I have 5 of them and will be going elsewhere to renew.
Maybe they should have better case managers who know what they are doing?

Type of ClaimEscape of Liquid and Storm and Rainwater