APIA Home Insurance

APIA Home Insurance (page 2 of 13)

• Claim Resolution Time<1 week (4), 1-2 weeks (7), 2-4 weeks (4), 1-2 months (3) and 3+ months (9)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (19) · No (14)
Gay E.

Gay E.South-Eastern Region, NSW

Perfect service

So easy to put in place!
Everything happened as the television ad suggested. I am saving money on my car insurance and the house and contents insurance is just as I would have hoped. Thank you APIA

Bookworm62

Bookworm62Perth, WA

Blaming me for not paying monthly installments their mistake not mine

I have had two letters from APIA advising payment was not made and they there going to cancel my house insurance which I have had with them for over 15 years and no problems. All of a sudden guess what they had changed BSB for monthly deductions BOQ to CBA I have never been a customer of CBA and you guessed no apology just threats to cancel felt very unhappy with them

carla evans

carla evansMid North Coast, NSW

Still waiting for apology

I'm fed up with them, they have stuffed about on the three policies I had with them. I cancelled home insurance, during the cool off time, two weeks later they debited my account. I've rung three times, still have not got a refund, after 22 days. Never an apology, it's like they are doing me a favour. I cancelled with them as they completely mucked up my funeral insurance, kept saying my premiums were dishonoured, no reason why they should have been. Just admit you stuffed up and give me my money back. Apology would be nice, but I've given up on this after a year of problems. By the way, my bank, St George have been very helpful through all this. Highly recommend them.

luc

lucSnowy Mountains

Not Caring

I asked the consultant if any suspensions on Insurances she advised that the government has given Pensioners $750.00 and that no suspension for Pensioners. I feel that it was unfair that the Apia consultant would say the above it is not right to judge Pensioners yes we have received $750.00 but the consultant does not understand the loss of monies for many pensioners who have worked all their lives. All I can say a little bit more of understanding and compassion. We are all suffering.

Coverage TypeHome Only
Jo Meilak

Jo MeilakSouth East Queensland, QLD

Apia have ripped us off on a claim, first saying it would be a $400 excess for our claim then 2 days later ups to $1,000

Seeking quotes from other companies proved an eye opener as Apia were extremely expensive with very high excess compared to others. We cancelled asap and are saving $120 a month with Australian Seniors!

Disappointing communication

I have had 3 home policies with Apia for 7 years. I made my first claim after hail damage to a roof. After 9 months of frustration with lack of communication, Apia have offered $23k. The cost to replace the roof is more than $90k. One particular email I sent on 7th February, received a reply on 28th March.

Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claim DateJuly 2019
Joanne

JoanneIllawarra, NSW

Excellent product

I think this product is excellent value and has excellent coverage. It was ery easy to set up and an easy website to understand. I am new to Apia but will definitely continue.

JMM

JMMBrisbane

Disgraceful!

Emir Joldic

Emir JoldicSouth East Queensland, QLD

Professional scammers .

It was my first claim in 20 years.Was insured for $100 000 for film equipment and ottoman empire jewellery .Was robed in 2019 ,my lost was over $80 000 and they offering me $27000 and APIA on purpose want Shaw prof of ownership for some items.

Matty D

Matty DSydney Surrounds, NSW

Worst Insurance Experience Ever

Our house was damaged in Mid-January this year 2020 with a tree falling on the house, and up to this point in time all the communication has been one way, me calling them! APIA have some company which they own called A1 Building Company who supposedly do the assessments and reports for claims. They have been promising the report on our claim now for going on to three months, and the countless times I call I’m told the same thing: the report should be finalised in the next few days. APIA are in my opinion a very dodgy insurance outfit and I would strongly advise if you’re considering any type of insurance to stay well clear of this outfit! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Smiffy

Smiffy

Find a better insurer. Not APIA

2 months of chasing them because they NEVER answered their phone eventually out lightning damaged flat screen smart tv was only worth $66 after the $400 excess
That's offensive and they were told to take a flying leap. By the time this is approved our business will be with another insurer that is NOT owned by Suncorp. That means Apia, Shannon's, AAMI.
Thanks to reviews we know who the really bad ones are.
Remember $66 to replace our tv. What a bunch of weasles

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Maroushka

MaroushkaPerth, WA

Disappointing quote

I needed home and contents insurance so I got three quotes. One of my quotes was from apia, I thought they would give a fair quote as they direct their business at pensioners and everyone knows that most pensioners are on a budget. Well the quote I received from apia was at least 30% more than the other two quotes I received. Which is quite a lot and the amount they were going to insure me for less than the other two quotes. I see this as apia taking advantage of vulnerable and trusting people. So don't assume that apia will be fair, get at least two other quotes.

Virginia

VirginiaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Hello APIA. Anyone there?

Anyone there?

Clearly not!

Have spent over three hours on the phone today just waiting for someone to pick up. So much for “attending to our call as soon as possible”. Just trying to get a response to an email we sent re a minor storm damage claim. We got the “your email has been received” but now nothing. So much for customer care.

NOT GOOD ENOUGH!

Claim ApprovedYes

Don't use APIA if you want service

Been phoning APIA all most daily for 2 weeks now waiting up to 90 minutes without answer, no call back facility,no service.
I registered on line and get emails saying I have claims update information available but waste of time as there is no claims update in fact my claim and claim number are not even allocated to my log in account which means they have done nothing. Now after another log in their website page says they are experiencing technical difficulties. In other words they are worse than incompetent they are useless time wasters. They are offensive in their approach and offensive in their lack of managing customers needs.
After all if they are not there when needed why are they in business ???

ads1212

ads1212Sydney, NSW

On hold until phone drops out

Apia, which is owned by SunCorpand this is really no different are HOPELESS when it comes to claims communication. They say you can do everything via their app, but that is utterly false. You are therefore forced to try and speak to someone. I’ve now done this unsuccessfully 4 times. Each time I wait for 45 MINUTES- being promised that they will “attend to my call ASAP “ - and then I am simply disconnected. I understand there have been fires etc but this does not mitigate their appalling customer service. ie. they could offer a call back service etc. don’t use them.

Property TypeApartment/Unit
Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks

Ellie

EllieMid North Coast, NSW

Double payment on CTP insurance

I have been with Apia for 3 years. I used netbank to pay my CTP insurance this went to my vehicle insurance account. As a result I had to pay my CTP insurance again to register my vehicle as Apia only deal with credit card etc and was told the $331.66 would be repaid back to my bank account. After 4 months and involving my bank, Apia complaints dept and numerous Apia staff I was refunded. Seems Apia treat the elderly as incompetent and stupid as they kept telling me it was refunded from the beginning. Back to NRMA I go .

pyorkie

pyorkieSmithton

A case of insurance APIA

Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim DateDecember 2019
Read the small print

Read the small printLaunceston, TAS

Delayed settlement

Made my claim for lost hearing aid on 13th November 2019. Was insured for $3249 and they offered me $2400 replacement that they could get but want to force me to use their supplier but I want to stick with the company who are looking after me very well. So I have escalated my rejection two level and still they are not communicating a result to me. At 71 I feel they are trying to bully me into accepting their offer which puts me out of pocket by $849

Claim DateNovember 2019

Maja

MajaSydney, NSW

Stick with NRMA

My dad has been waiting since the beginning of 2019 to get the wall, floor and carpet fixed after a busted pipe in the bathroom. Eventually the insurance sent someone to render the wall and it was poorly done. Dad had been waiting for almost 10 months with so many promises and no shows. I believe they were waiting for him to die rather than do the repairs. I got him back with NRMA thank god and we will never look back. I agree with other posts here about getting people to do repairs and maintenance unnecessarily. Seems like scam to get money from elderly people who are naive and trusting.

Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Pamela B

Pamela BMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

APIA are back in my good books again

I received an email saying that our Policy would be cancelled. I was 'floored' having been a loyal member for over 25 years. But they heard my case and have reinstated our policy once more - for another 12 months at least. So I hope we have no claims in the meantime