APIA Home Insurance

APIA Home Insurance (page 3 of 13)

• Claim Resolution Time<1 week (4), 1-2 weeks (7), 2-4 weeks (4), 1-2 months (3) and 3+ months (9)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (19) · No (14)

APIA Investigators: Dishonest?

Perthgirl

PerthgirlPeel, WA

Fast and hassle,free

Excellent service...put in a claim last Thursday and included all supporting documentation. Had a call,back on Friday...money in bank on Monday!!! Absolutely no complaints. Person who dealt with my clam was efficient, polite and very helpful

APIA send out professionals that are not honest and just in to make money

house and content insurance - interior water damage caused by issues with roof valley. Contacted APIA who sent out Home Repairs promptly to look at damage . I accept that the roof damage was a maintenance issue however in the time they took to send the report I had two independent quotes on the roof. Both independent quotes reported I needed the valley repaired. The points had been recently done and roof cleaned when the points were due to be done again.
APIA report said that I need the valleys, points and roof cleaned. Really! I'm changing all my insurance needs out of APIA as I feel I have no trust in them or those who represent them.

John Ligthart

John LigthartSouth East Queensland, QLD

SAVE BY INSURING ELSEWHERE.

Scott Perkins

Scott Perkins

Pathetic

I had Car and Contents insurance with APIA had an incident when I went to claim with Contents made complaint I left to join NRMA and they are still taking money out of my account. Dont go with APIA I made complaint all they could do was blame computer?

Mal

MalGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Quick response

Thank you Apia for helping us out so promptly, can’t believe how quickly you helped us. Settlement within 24 hours. Thanks again. Would recommend you to anyone, saved a lot of worry.

Stefan Squires

Stefan SquiresPerth, WA

Great serviceAs

As a grey nomad I have had my Caravan insured with APIA since 2006. Recently my late model 2.4kva Generator burnt out and was beyond repair. The staff at APIA were fantastic and within a few days my claim was settled and a new replacement was purchased. No hassles with with APIA highly recommended

DaphGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

2nd time I've needed them and they surpressed expectations.

Good policy. Moved from another provider who didn't perform and Apia were a great deal better and resolved the claim quickly Very pleased with the outcome and the way it was handled. I hVe car and household insurance with them and would recommended them

Daph

I meant to say surpassed expectations

Katherine

KatherineBrisbane

No more!

I have just had a similar experience. My premium has gone up over $400 this year to well over $2000! Last year the same huge increase occurred so I rang them wanting to decrease the rebuild amount. They refused to allow it. I had left it until the last minute so I paid up. I will be doing some "homework" early this year. So much for consideration for us as pensioners!

Johno

Johno

Pricing based on idiotic assumptions

Damien G.

Damien G.Mid North Coast, NSW

Over ten years paying without a claim

Over ten years we have had home, contents, car and funeral insurance. Wife falls over while vacuming and into the tv. Nope not covered so sorry, find out we arent even covered for theft. Obviously not happy and what do we have insurance for then? Preying on Pensioners its isgusting.

Ian

IanMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Lost 1.2 carat diamond ring 22 carat gold which had made in Hong Kong

Got Home and Contents Insurance, also jewellery to value of $11,000. Lost ring put in claim for value of $4000 unable to produce certificate of value or photo etc. APIA sent details including a photo of ring similar to mine to Phenix jewelry, they sent value back of $500. Will be insuring with another company in future as over the years you pay thousands of dollars to these sharks who are quite willing to take your money but when it comes to a claim, BAD LUCK.

Scott P

Scott PSydney, NSW

Contents Insurance

southerngirl62

southerngirl62Sydney, NSW

Dragging the chain

I have two claims going at the same time one for storm damage for my home and the other for my investment property.
So far I could use a swear word but...they are the worst when it comes to paying or organising!!!
I was without power for 10 days and they couldnt care less they still havent paid me the fair compensation and the investment property has had water leaking onto the floors since the 21st March and still no plumber.
My renewal is just about up and I have 5 of them and will be going elsewhere to renew.
Maybe they should have better case managers who know what they are doing?

NRO

NROGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Flooding.

Had 175mm of rain over 1 day here and suffered significant damage to the interior walls of the house. Offered $1755 compensation with a $1000 excess. I am totally appalled and am looking at changing who I am insured with.

Tracey

TraceyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Home Insurance perfection

We were flooded in december and apia have been fantastic on every level. Paul our manager has been so considereate even extending accomodation. They paid out quickly and disputed nothing. Highly highly recommend. We are so grateful that we had insuracne with them for this disaster

mike

mikeWANNIASSA

Took payments when policy cancelled

I got a rewal for my car insurance in January. I had gone up, suprise suprise. When i called them i asked them why it had gone up, they told me it was because of the lack of spare parts for older vehicles, i have Totoyota Landcruiser and the parts are everywhere.

I told them NOT to renew my policy as had found one cheaper elsewhere. As you may have guessed, they ignored this and took a payment anyway. This is the same company that is supposed to look after older Australians, this is a down right lie, they are the most expensive when it comes insurance cover.

Something needs to be done about the lies this company tells.

Insurance claim madeNo
jill

jillNorth-West & West coast, TAS

claim

tenants damaged my new bathroom apia sent down a plumber to check and came back and tried to blame the builders so as house was only a couple years old i had the builder go around with his plumber to check damage and the tenants had done the damage but claim was refused .Im pulling all my insurances from them and returning to aami as they were wonderful apia twice the price as a lot of them as well so i do not recommend them at all

Insurance claim madeYes

Worst insurance poor

Ten years made a claim and got worst tradesmen apia gave to do work. Took 3 months to get a kitchen thru their tradesmen..then lowest quality of work..so they use the seniors and give us long delays and poorest quality of tradesmen.
Please do not get caught like i did.

Insurance claim madeYes