APIA Home Insurance

APIA Home Insurance (page 4 of 13)

• Claim Resolution Time<1 week (4), 1-2 weeks (7), 2-4 weeks (4), 1-2 months (3) and 3+ months (9)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (19) · No (14)
bartime

bartimeYeppoon

"Happy Holidays". Whatever happened to Christmas

Was quite happy with APIA. But today received a so called Happy Holiday message. If they do not want to say Merry CHRISTMAS they have lost me. I will pay twice as much to get away from a mob that do not recognise the Christmas Holidays.

Yvette

Yvette

Okay until you want to make a claim

Mat Steel

Mat SteelQLD, 4509

Double the cost of insurance compared to 8 OTHERS we got quotes with.

Steve

Steve

Contest insurance

Worst company .They don’t believe you even you have proof .They not helping you to get things fix so you can continue your life. Being good customer record paying every month so nothing happened.

Insurance claim madeYes

Apia customer Service is the best

Have been with APIA for a few years.
In March 2018 our home was damaged by a bushfire. There was extensive damage in the ceiling and half of the house which all needed replacing.
From the moment I phoned APIA about our claim to the day we moved back into our home 6 months later we could not fault this insurance company.
The Apia staff made a traumatic experience not so traumatic. Our thanks to all the staff and have to especially mention Nicole from head office who was always very helpful and professional. thankyou.

RHONDA

RHONDABathurst

Thank you for your staff's kindness, patience and understanding. I spoke to several staff (Louise, Carmel but cannot remember all names) but all were very polite. Everything was sorted, changes made-all done. I have been a member for about 10 years (I think) and have always been treated with polite and friendly service. Congratulations to all your staff.

JJJ

JJJGippsland, VIC

Careful - they 'double dip'

Just received annual home and contents policy. Premium has jumped by 20%. Contacted them to enquire as to the reason. It seems it's because our boundary fence was blown over during strong winds earlier this year, which we resultantly claimed for. I explained that we'd already been penalised with our payment of the excess. I was informed by their representative that it seems harsh, but that's APIA's policy. Hang on to your wallet!

APIA Customer Service - 5*****+

I myself have been a member for about 12 months my partner has been for about 8 years. We have had a few changes with policies and a claim. i don't think i have ever dealt with a company that has always been helpful honest and deals with whatever we have asked and sorted out the changes etc. Your staff a credit to you - take care of them as they do your business!

Road Assist

On Saturday morning I encompassed a flat battery.I was in a fairly isolated area staying with a friend on acreage. I called road assist which is part of my car insurance and from the commencement of the call I received friendly and helpful service. Within an hour I had a very friendly RACQ man (whom they obviously liaise with) to attend.
Most Impressed.

Rob C

Rob CNortheast, VIC

Great response to water damage

Insurance claim madeYes

All good until you make a claim

For years we have paid them and when we need them they go though a series of “professional” assesses to find any excuse whether true or not to not pay up.
They are untouchable and aloft to us normal working people. We had a valid claim we had prof that it was not previous old damage but still nothing was paid out. It is a truely pathetic company designed to take vulnerable persons money .
If you are researching whether or not to use them?i say walk away while you can you would better of not paying insurance at all instead of relying on a false promise.

Zam Zam

Zam ZamPerth, WA

Great value for money, speedy resolution and friendly staff

Weve been APIA members for 15 years and they have been generous with our home and contents claims, approving just about every claim made to date. The staff are friendly, the process is simple and the time taken to resolve claims is quick! Our premiums are competitive and the access is very low for the price that we pay. All round - great company

Criminals set you up

Pensioners let down.

APIA for pensioners i don't think so. I cancelled 4 policies today after 10 years. Insured 2 cars with Bingle. House and contents with Budget. Saved $1,400 for the year. You need to shop around. Shame on you APIA...

John S

John SCatalina

Forget Home Assist - Useless

I signed up for Home Assist with APIA recently. Last night both hard-wired smoke alarms went off all night long. I called APIA this morning to make a claim. They refused the claim on the basis is that it is not an emergency. It is my expectation that it should be claimable. Another example of an insurance company dodging their commitments based on the fine print. Unhappy customer!!!

Odd admin procedure with APIA

Kim

Kim

Jessica Harding from apia!

Jessica Harding was sooo helpful & supportive with my insurance policies, she is sooo professional & courteous, she knows her job well, she deserves a big bonus! Thank you again Jessica Harding well done, very happy customer!

Insurance claim madeNo

The worst insurance company i have ever dealt with.

Had a burst hw pipe under concrete floor under sink bench. I was assured i was covered and my case put in the hands of a housing maintenance company. No one showed, contacted apia after 5 days and was told i am no longer covered. Sorted out repairs myself, withdrew my claim and cancelled my policy. Am now back with rac with better cover, and $10 a month cheaper.

Ert

ErtBallarat

Can't even get a quote! Don't even conmsider them

Angela

AngelaNortheast, VIC

Don’t ring Apia for a quote

I had a text message today demanding that I pay $1660 as my payments were ‘overdue’. I rung them for a QUOTE about 2 months ago. I never rung them back as they were ridiculously expensive. I certainly never agreed to being a client. I never asked for a cover note. No other company that I rung stooped to such low behaviour and this is a company that market themselves as catering to seniors. No - they use threatening behaviour to seniors attempting to frighten them into signing up with them.
When I rung to complain I was subjected to justification after justification. I would expect such behaviour from low level, cheap insurers not a Suncorp owned provider who markets to seniors.
I will never ring Apia again.