Apollo Blinds Questions & Answers

8 questions from our users

Ginny

Ginnyasked

Hi just wondering what the shipping time is for your plantation shutters from overseas ?
Have you been greatly delayed due the pandemic ?

Hi Ginny,
Thanks for your enquiry.
Production has not been impacted due to the pandemic however the shipping time will be delayed by an additional week.

Rob

Robasked

Hi Mate,
How long does it take in time from the measuring time to the actual installation day?
Aboud,,,[details removed]

Hi Rob,
It would depend on which of our products you are looking for, we manufacture blinds and awnings in our Sydney factory as well as using manufactures from other factories in Australia as well as some from overseas.

terryr

terryrasked

I find it very strange that for every poor review of Apollo blinds by a verified customer with history of other reviews, there are about 5 or 6 five star glowing reviews from unverified sources with no other reviews under their belts. Could these be coming from Apollo to maintain a high star rating? I suspect not many people write glowing reviews when they just get what they paid for, it’s more likely they review when they don’t!

agent99

Many of the unverified positive reviews use the same terminology such as 'the whole process', 'from the beginning to end', 'every part of the sale', 'from the first contact' which is actually a warning sign according to product.review.com.au themselves. ACCC may be interested. Disclaimer: dissatisfied customer...

Hi Terryr,

Apollo Blinds complies with the guidelines set by ACCC. We currently have 555 reviews including 383 excellent (5 star) reviews so we are not sure where you get “5 or 6 five star” from. The inference that we are fabricating reviews is false. All of our customers are genuine. Product Review guidelines do not make it mandatory to be verified as demonstrated in their statement: “At the discretion of our Moderation Team, we will ask for a proof of purchase after publishing a review.”

Apollo Blinds was recently advised by NCAT that they were surprised companies did not take legal action against customers who are clearly intent on damaging the reputation of a business. Clearly, no business in this world is perfect especially in a made to measure environment but we do have integrity.

chris ford
chris ford

Ok, let me start by saying why is this such an issue. I just put a simple review online of a product that i am extremely happy with and some sniveling tool bag comes on and questions my integrity.His opinion to me rates about as high as his iq of 5 or 6. I am an honest individual with integrity and I do not make comments that aren't warranted. I have no affiliation with Apollo blinds nor have I been offered any intensives for the comments I made. I take offence firstly at having my integrity questioned, secondly having my good intentions discredited and thirdly having to follow on with this crap. As a consequence I will not be doing anymore product reviews no matter how good my experience may be. I request that I no longer be contacted on this matter or any other. The only other thing I wish to say is this. The ACCC! Really? They are as effective at policing consumers rights as a labor government is at reducing the deficit.

Good bye.

mick

mickasked

Comments about Apollo appear to be either in the best or worst category. This is a real concern as we do not need some of the issues I read above and there are over 100 of them in the worst case.
Do you use contractors to do your work? If so can I be assured of getting a good one rather than a dud?
Its important to us that we are not stuffed around this time of year especially as full sun on our floorboards will cause problems.

Apollo B.Apollo Blinds

Hi Mick, Thank you for your feedback and question. We use a combination of contractors and employed staffs. If you could provide us with your postcode area, we can pass it on to our local branch to get in contact with you.

Eve
Eve

Yes, it is random depends on your luck. The installer we have definitely not recommended.

agent99

I have noticed that many of the 5 star positive reviews come from reviewers that have only ever made one review and have only been a member of productreview.com.au from the day the positive review was lodged. Seems unusual and would indicate that some are not genuine or that customers may have been asked to submit a review? I see you yourself have been a member since 2013 and have submitted several reviews. Perhaps just consider the verified purchases reviews or where there is a comment. For example out of 86 positive reviews 65 were submitted by first time reviews and only 21 where the review had come from members who had submitted other reviews or had a comment replied to, or verified purchase that indicated it was genuine. Disclaimer: I am a dissatisfied customer who would not recommend them.

Greenannie

Greenannieasked

I have a verandah with clear panel roof that gets very hot in summer. Are there blinds that can be used when the sun is hot? It is very dark in the room adjoining if it is covered all the time so need blinds that can be used only when necessary

Hi Greenannie,

Could you please let us know what Postcode area you are in?

Also are you looking for something to cover the roof or the window area?

Rob

Robasked

Is there any discount for being inconvenienced by Apollo Blinds, Newcastle? 2 sets of vertical blinds arrived by installer and they didn't fit as they should have after a measure and quote by Apollo Blinds. Why did I receive a text message from Apollo telling me I had to pay the installer on the day of installation when I knew I had already paid for everything? I txt msg'd back saying I don't think so, then got a txt back saying I didn't have to pay the installer? Is this a rort? How many people does this happen to?

Colleen M

Colleen Masked

Apollo Blinds installed roller blinds throughout my large house 5 years ago.
The blinds are great But the chains are all rusting. They have never been exposed to moisture.
Can you please replace these?
Colleen Mitrow

Dear Colleen,

We are really sorry for what you have experienced and would like to bring this to our Head Office Manager's attention.
We appreciate that if you could provide us with your Order number/ Branch name and your full name. (You may send it to sales@apolloblinds.com.au or send through Product Review Message).

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Billy Monash

Billy Monashasked

Has anyone dealt with Apollo Blinds Belmont? It is really scary reading these reviews. Would appreciate any input at all.
Billy

Dear Billy

Many thanks for looking at Apollo Blinds for your new window treatments.
Apollo Blinds have been in business over 28 years with 16 branches supplying well over a one million window treatments.

We do make all our blinds to measure offering thousands of options, so unfortunately although we strive to get everyone right mistakes can happen and this can be prolonged if you choose a product that is made overseas.

I hope that helps with your decision regarding your purchase of blinds, awnings and shutters.

Newy

Hi Billy. I have been very disappointed with Belmont NSW Apollo blinds branch recently. We bought $4000 plantation shutters and one of the blade panels fell off just one month out of the 2 year installation warrenty. The lady at the Belmont NSW branch wanted to charge us $130 just to come out and look at it to give us a quote to then fix it....so more money on top of that. $4000 plantation shutters and they only lasted just over 2 years!!! We are awaiting a call back from their Apollo head office to see if they will come out and fix this issue at no charge. Ill keep you posted as to what the outcome is....

Newy

Apollo Head Office ended up sorting out our issue with our plantation Shutters that i mentioned at no charge. Ian at Apollo Head Office provided us with great service....he was very professional and was able to diagnose our issue over the phone, sent us some small parts we needed to fix it ourselves at no charge and now its all fixed.

Get an answer from our members and Apollo Blinds representatives