Listing monitored by Apollo Blinds

• Warranty Claim MadeYes · No (17)
Sam Muller Auchenflower
Sam Muller Auchenflower South East Queensland, QLD

Ordered in November 2020, paid in full, and still waiting for our product. One mistake after the next.

This has been the most disappointing experience for us. We order 6 shutters in November 2020, and so far we have 4 installed. None of those actually work properly (can't open them because the frame is the wrong size). The remaining 2 - we still have no idea when they are to be installed. Last indication was the last week in June or first week of July. Every time I ring to find out the status, staff have left, new staff started and I have to explain our situation again from the beginning. At this stage I just want my money back so I can go to someone else.

Apollo B.Apollo Blinds

Still waiting after 6 months.

I contracted with Apollo Blinds Sydney office in Nov 2020 to install 2 blinds. After much chasing, the blinds were finally installed in March 2021 Power was provided adjacent to the blinds, but they could not be connected because the installer did not have the plugs to connect. After he left, the blinds were connected but did not work. One blind unrolled completely over the roof and when retracted wound itself over the roller until the guide wire came off. The other blind did not work at all. When the installer was contacted, he said to contact the office instead for a service call. I sent an email to the Service Manger but have not received a call back from anyone. Seems like legal action is the only recourse.

Mark
Mark

Now rectified and completed.

Very UNSATISFACTORY Service and Terrible Communications

Incompetent staff

Adoyle235
Adoyle235Mid North Coast, NSW

Appalling customer service.

Blinds were ordered on 4th August and it’s now 7th September. Initial hold up due to delivery of dirty fabric, however there was NO communication from them. I only found out the day before installation when I rang to confirm. They then called last week to arrange installation for today and the installer turned up with only half the order. They knew this morning that only half the blinds had arrived but again NO communication. The excuse this time...it’s a Monday and we’re busy. Too busy selling, not enough doing! Do yourself a favour and buy your blinds elsewhere. No discount, no compensation for the double stuff ups. I really hope head office reads this review.

WORSE CUSTOMER SERVICE ..... inferior product, don't waste your time or money

Anna R
Anna R

I dealt with the Silverwater store and my order no. is
......Sep. 18, 2019 SA367843-Syd-Richard SA367843

Apollo B.Apollo Blinds

Do not purchase anything from here!!!

NewyBec
NewyBecHunter Region, NSW

Worst company I have ever dealt with!

Brendan J.Sydney, NSW

Useless, unorganised and waste of time and money on a crappy product!

Worst ever experience dealing with the people at Apollo blinds!!!!! First they rarely got back to you just to pay, then they get the measurements wrong and I had to follow up 3 times before they came back to me with an answer of what to do so they booked in a time to get it refitted and the factory didnt make it in time so my wife took of a whole day for nothing and they wouldnt be flexible with my time even though they stuffed countless times before!! Useless and crappy material as well that we still have issues with. Never use them!

Brendan J.

Brendan jacquet, you can find the rest

Disappointed
DisappointedHunter Region, NSW

Extreme dissatisfaction

Jason T.Sydney, NSW

Blinds were all WRONG size, and re-scheduled installation MULTIPLE times

Extremely poor performance

MilSydney Surrounds, NSW

Disappointed

Not happy with the way the blinds have been installed. Cords on opposite side to bunching on some windows. Some protrude. Got talked into bunching in the middle on some windows which spoils the view out the window. I will never have all windows open and it will let in too much light at night time if I open a window as I will have to move the curtains in, to stop them getting wet by rain or blowing in the wind. They will move in on both sides. Blockout not good. Installer had to come back as they forgot something and they were hours later than they said they would be and I missed a paid course. I have a friend who says you buy cheap, you pay twice. This is a perfect example of this. by Kim Pond Green Point 2251

Who is Mil, Sydney Surrounds. Not me

Poor service, poor product

We ordered sloping Venetian blinds for our loungeroom and it was a nightmare from start to finish with the Melbourne franchisees who either ignore emails or put you on hold to get rid of you if you phone.
After their 12 visits for remeasures or remakes the finished blinds are a disaster. They are too short in some places and too long in others. I could have done a better job myself. I paid in full in October 2018 and have asked for a full refund and we still haven’t received one and it’s now May 2019. I finally had to get the national manager to step in and he has been fantastic and assured me we will finally get a refund.
Our only other option was to lodge a claim with VCAT. What a huge waste of our time

Ginny
Ginnyasked

Hi just wondering what the shipping time is for your plantation shutters from overseas ?
Have you been greatly delayed due the pandemic ?

Hi Ginny,
Thanks for your enquiry.
Production has not been impacted due to the pandemic however the shipping time will be delayed by an additional week.
Kind Regards,
Apollo Blinds Team

Rob
Robasked

Hi Mate,
How long does it take in time from the measuring time to the actual installation day?
Aboud,,,[details removed]

Hi Rob,
It would depend on which of our products you are looking for, we manufacture blinds and awnings in our Sydney factory as well as using manufactures from other factories in Australia as well as some from overseas.
Kind Regards,
Apollo Blinds Team

terryr
terryrasked

I find it very strange that for every poor review of Apollo blinds by a verified customer with history of other reviews, there are about 5 or 6 five star glowing reviews from unverified sources with no other reviews under their belts. Could these be coming from Apollo to maintain a high star rating? I suspect not many people write glowing reviews when they just get what they paid for, it’s more likely they review when they don’t!

agent99
agent99

Many of the unverified positive reviews use the same terminology such as 'the whole process', 'from the beginning to end', 'every part of the sale', 'from the first contact' which is actually a warning sign according to product.review.com.au themselves. ACCC may be interested. Disclaimer: dissatisfied customer...

Hi Terryr,

Apollo Blinds complies with the guidelines set by ACCC. We currently have 555 reviews including 383 excellent (5 star) reviews so we are not sure where you get “5 or 6 five star” from. The inference that we are fabricating reviews is false. All of our customers are genuine. Product Review guidelines do not make it mandatory to be verified as demonstrated in their statement: “At the discretion of our Moderation Team, we will ask for a proof of purchase after publishing a review.”

Apollo Blinds was recently advised by NCAT that they were surprised companies did not take legal action against customers who are clearly intent on damaging the reputation of a business. Clearly, no business in this world is perfect especially in a made to measure environment but we do have integrity.

chris ford
chris ford

Ok, let me start by saying why is this such an issue. I just put a simple review online of a product that i am extremely happy with and some sniveling tool bag comes on and questions my integrity.His opinion to me rates about as high as his iq of 5 or 6. I am an honest individual with integrity and I do not make comments that aren't warranted. I have no affiliation with Apollo blinds nor have I been offered any intensives for the comments I made. I take offence firstly at having my integrity questioned, secondly having my good intentions discredited and thirdly having to follow on with this crap. As a consequence I will not be doing anymore product reviews no matter how good my experience may be. I request that I no longer be contacted on this matter or any other. The only other thing I wish to say is this. The ACCC! Really? They are as effective at policing consumers rights as a labor government is at reducing the deficit.

Good bye.