Listing monitored by Apollo Blinds

• Warranty Claim MadeYes (0) · No (1)
Marilyn M.
Marilyn M.Mid North Coast, NSW

Not impressed!!!!

Booked a measure and quote three weeks ago, only to be rung afternoon before appointment to say it had to be deferred. As my new home was not quite complete, I had to arrange for site manager to be present at the time of quote due to OH&S.
Their apology went @well we did try to call you yesterday afternoon” - very unreliable

Warranty Claim MadeNo
PaulaForster

Outdoor shutters

EveSydney

Apollo blinds installation - Gap too big and one screw is loose

Excellent Customer Service, Not so excellent Installers

Xin
Xin

Thank you for your swift reply, i've been through your customer support prior to this review which unfortunately did not assist me. My statement still stands and customers should be heavily forewarned.

Vlad
Vlad

Admin & Back end Staff in Customer Service are Terrible

Terrible service

I wouldn't recommend this company after my poor experience with them recently. One blind was incorrectly measured and another had dirty marks on it. It took 5 months to finally get the product installed. Although the product is ok, the service is hopeless. There is no communication between different departments. The installation guy didn't even know what the product is made of or how to clean it. I had to call them many times. Could not recommend.

daniel22Sydney, NSW

Terrible aftercare

They are quick to take your money, sneaky with their warranty and aftercare.
I had in excess of $18,000 paid to them for shutters, and they were absolutely terrible in their warranty service and aftercare.
If it was not for the intervention of Fair Trading NSW, my shutters would have probably never been fixed.

KathiedpSydney

Poor Customer Service.

Kathiedp

My name is Katherine De Palo but I have no idea which particular branch I was dealing with as my initial contact was by email & Apollo rang me in response.

Apollo B.Apollo Blinds

Hi Katherine, the Sydney branch manager will contact you on Monday.
Regards,
Apollo Blinds Team

Great product... terrible installation!

Great product that was measured perfectly. Unfortunately the installation was below standard. Retractable arms that weren't secured to the brickwork properly and installed at the wrong heights with screws missing.

ShadowGSydney, NSW

Use with caution

Learn by your mistakes

Yep, should of read the internet first. One blind short and the most unhelpful staff on the phone at the Fyshwick Branch. We'll get back to you. No I rang back! Answer, the person who gave the quote has to through his paperwork and he's only in the office once a week. Will he call back today. I don't know, he's out working. Real helpful. I thought in this day and age everyone had a mobile but maybe Apollo Blinds are still in the ice age.

Apollo B.Apollo Blinds

Hi Steve, We apologise for the inconvenience. Our team made several attempts to contact you but no answer. Our rep will organise a return visit to find out the issue and we will resolve the issue as soon as possible.

PaulaKogarah

Terrible Service

I went with Apollo Blinds because they are well known and regret it.
They don't care once you pay the deposit. My husband and I were constantly ringing them to fix the bad installation work. They don't return calls. The job is finally completed after three months is agony.

Doug
DougHunter Region, NSW

Not off to a good start - UPDATED

Apollo B.Apollo Blinds

Hi Doug. Sorry to hear about your experience. Can you provide us with an order number and branch name so we can follow this up?

murph
murph

poor customer service

Ordered and paid for blinds mid November was originally told 6 weeks, then 8 weeks. After 10 weeks was called to arrange day for fitting blinds i arranged the day and was told they would call me with a time, no call came. Called Apollo and was told blinds had not arrived, spoke with manager advising that I wished to cancel the order and wanting a refund, he said he would look into it and call back, 10 minutes later they appeared and were installed. The young girl I originally spoke to was aggressive and argumentative. I would not recommend Apollo to anyone

AR78AU

Not given Priority

It is now 4 weeks since our blinds were installed. Unfortunately one of them was the wrong size so it had to be reordered. After being told it would be given priority, it turns out that this is not the case. It will be at least another 2 weeks before we get it installed. Disappointing that nobody bothered to contact me after the blind didn't fit. I had to call them. The practice of keeping the measurements taken taken a secret from the customer is ridiculous as it could save the stuff ups by the company because the buyer would probably notice it wasn't correct before the order was put in. Frustrated Customer

AR78

The invoice number is IN100976. The order was for cellular blinds not shutters.

Ginny
Ginnyasked

Hi just wondering what the shipping time is for your plantation shutters from overseas ?
Have you been greatly delayed due the pandemic ?

Hi Ginny,
Thanks for your enquiry.
Production has not been impacted due to the pandemic however the shipping time will be delayed by an additional week.

Rob
Robasked

Hi Mate,
How long does it take in time from the measuring time to the actual installation day?
Aboud,,,[details removed]

Hi Rob,
It would depend on which of our products you are looking for, we manufacture blinds and awnings in our Sydney factory as well as using manufactures from other factories in Australia as well as some from overseas.

terryr
terryrasked

I find it very strange that for every poor review of Apollo blinds by a verified customer with history of other reviews, there are about 5 or 6 five star glowing reviews from unverified sources with no other reviews under their belts. Could these be coming from Apollo to maintain a high star rating? I suspect not many people write glowing reviews when they just get what they paid for, it’s more likely they review when they don’t!

agent99
agent99

Many of the unverified positive reviews use the same terminology such as 'the whole process', 'from the beginning to end', 'every part of the sale', 'from the first contact' which is actually a warning sign according to product.review.com.au themselves. ACCC may be interested. Disclaimer: dissatisfied customer...

Hi Terryr,

Apollo Blinds complies with the guidelines set by ACCC. We currently have 555 reviews including 383 excellent (5 star) reviews so we are not sure where you get “5 or 6 five star” from. The inference that we are fabricating reviews is false. All of our customers are genuine. Product Review guidelines do not make it mandatory to be verified as demonstrated in their statement: “At the discretion of our Moderation Team, we will ask for a proof of purchase after publishing a review.”

Apollo Blinds was recently advised by NCAT that they were surprised companies did not take legal action against customers who are clearly intent on damaging the reputation of a business. Clearly, no business in this world is perfect especially in a made to measure environment but we do have integrity.

chris ford
chris ford

Ok, let me start by saying why is this such an issue. I just put a simple review online of a product that i am extremely happy with and some sniveling tool bag comes on and questions my integrity.His opinion to me rates about as high as his iq of 5 or 6. I am an honest individual with integrity and I do not make comments that aren't warranted. I have no affiliation with Apollo blinds nor have I been offered any intensives for the comments I made. I take offence firstly at having my integrity questioned, secondly having my good intentions discredited and thirdly having to follow on with this crap. As a consequence I will not be doing anymore product reviews no matter how good my experience may be. I request that I no longer be contacted on this matter or any other. The only other thing I wish to say is this. The ACCC! Really? They are as effective at policing consumers rights as a labor government is at reducing the deficit.

Good bye.