See the Best Mountain Bikes in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

A surprisingly good mountain bike

I've got 6 bikes here , older bikes , mountain bikes to road racers.
But I figured it was time to spoil myself , and get myself a new bike.
I looked at ebikes , the cheap and nasty , and the (very) expensive .
I figured I'd let them bake for a while longer .
I traveled to lots of dealers (I am in rural Victoria) , and spent a lot of time with my local bike shop , who were very approachable.
They finished up recommending to me an Apollo D10 , and would get one in for me to try.
I agreed , but got the D20 , as the D10 wasn't available to them.
I then took it home , and took it on my toughest track that afternoon , and early the next morning.
Wow , what a surprise , compared to my other mountain bikes this was a beautifully balanced bike , very comfortable (although the seat takes some getting used to) , the suspension just soaking up the rough track .
The gearing is great , there always seems to be the right gear available , and I have yet to use the extreme gears.
And the tyres give me plenty of traction.
And it takes a second to lock out the shocks , for road riding.
Again , it is fun to ride , even with the wide tyres on the road , it handles well , with good brakes.
In time , I might look for a more comfortable seat , for spending hours in the saddle.
And I might get handlebars with more of a rise , to help my arthritic hands.
But , I'm spending a lot of time on this bike , and every ride is a real pleasure , and often a real surprise , at just how competent it is.
I'm very happy to have bought the bike (and it wasn't cheap).

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Apollo Bicycle Trail D 20Apollo Bicycle Trail D 10Apollo Bicycle Trail 30Apollo Bicycle Trail 20Apollo Bicycle Trail 10Apollo Bicycle Trail D 30
CategoryMountain BikesMountain BikesMountain BikesMountain BikesMountain BikesMountain Bikes
Price (RRP)$3400$2700$1950$1250$950$4000