Apollo Ultra C

Apollo Ultra C

5.0 from 1 review

See the Best Road Bikes in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Value for money

Being on a budget, I took a long hard look at the Ultra and bit the bullet, paid and took the bicycle home with some reservations. Rolled the Bike out for a weekend run - hill climbs, cobbled pavements, wet and dry bitumen and almost everything I could ride the bike in. Surprise, surprise..it was just as good as the Avantis and the big brand names.

What I like - Excellent frame rigidity for hill climbs and fast descents. Even ran over two deep potholes, one after another because I could not see them against overcast skies with long shadows from tree lined roads. I thought the frame would have cracked from the jolts but the bike held.

The bike's carbon frame absorbed vibrations beautifully. In comparison, I have done 100 plus km rides in various road and MTBs and noticeably the Ultra lacks the vibrations that travel up your legs and arms which causes fatigue during long rides.

The Prologo seat is comfortable and considering that I have a big frame from being obese, it holds its own alright.

I took a stacked the bike racing around a corner at 30kms+ and the bike only suffered a scratch to the seat and right hood. I wish it had been that easy for me, instead I walked off with 3 broken ribs and had to ride the 58 kms home. So there you go, the bike survived a double flip and for all my padding, I was no match for the road.

I know I am going off track here but recently I bought a kiddies bike (Radius also by Apollo) and it was well designed and I was surprised at how light the bike was for an all alloy. Well done Apollo. You have my attention.
Value for money, good vibration dampening as expected in a carbon frame.