See the Best Mobile Wifi in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

tricked65

tricked65AU

Great little product, multiple usage.

Originally bought this to connect non-WIFI devices to WIFI network - ie. CCTV recorder, very easy to setup and no problem doing the job I intended it to do. The only drawback is the 100baseT wired ports, a bit slow, but not an issue for me.

Purchased in September 2013.

Number of Connected Devices 2 devices
Functionality
Ease of Setup
Wi-Fi Range
Reliability

jmmyjrg

jmmyjrgMelbourne

Great for streaming music from phone (and it’s a router too)

I bought this as a way to stream music from my iPhone as I was tired of my Chromecast not working properly (due to an issue with the Google Play app pausing). The Airport Express works really well, and allows me to stream any music from my iPhone straight to my speakers (reardless of the app I’m using - eg. works with Google Play, YouTube, Apple Music, Spotify etc.).

I have it set up as a wifi extender as well, which has helped me get a better connection to some rooms, and it is very easy to set up. If you have an Apple phone or computer it’s amazingly simple to set up, though I’m not sure what it’d be like to set up with non-Apple devices. Hopefully someone else’s review covers that.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

John Bonham

John BonhamMelbourne

Doesn't worth the money

When you spend more than a hundred dollars on a wifi router while most the time you get them for free from service providers, you'd expect the router to be decent quality. Apple does make decent products but this one is probs the worst ever. It's got a USB port how very innovative, did you maybe forget to add a few Ethernet ports??

Date PurchasedJan 2009
LarryGT

LarryGTGold Coast

A great looking router

I have used this device for around 5 years and it had been excellent, I guess it just does what you would expect from a router. It works well! It also looks great unlike most of it comptetitors, there are no weird looking antennas sticking from it and it doesn't look like a huge box. I like it's slick look and the fact that's it's very small and is not an eye sore. There is an little light that shows is the connection is good. It was relatively easy to sep up on my Mac Book and I haven't had any problems with the router itself. I would highly recommend this device.

Date PurchasedMay 2012

Paul

PaulBrisbane

Great as a bridging router.

i had one of the original Airport Expresses which plugged straight into the wall years ago and loved the form factor so was a bit apprehensive about buying the new 'hockey puck" style router.

Needed a bridge to boost our signal into a studio at the back of the garden and have to say this router does a great job. It sits just on top of the fridge in the kitchen out of sight and has never needed any troubleshooting or maintenance since setting it up. We turn it on/off at the plug when needed and it just boots up, finds the signal & away we go.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Scott T

Scott TSydney Surrounds, NSW

simply perfect and NBN compatable

Utocen

UtocenAdelaide

Cheap but not stable

Bought it in Dec 2013 thinking it was a good deal for a dual-radio (5Ghz and 2.4Ghz) access point/router. But I was wrong to have purchased it. Wireless connection is not stable - and drops out every now and then. Most annoying when the Internet movie streams and it suddenly stops playing due to the wireless drop out.
Cheap dual radio wifi access point/router
Bad and unstable wireless

rearrange

rearrangeAU

Intermittent

Facebook.com/Dj.jaykaos

Facebook.com/Dj.jaykaosNSW, 2127

New apple express

Great device. Easy to setup. Allows you to create a wireless network in your home. Share a printer and play music wireless. The new unit is whit and looks like the apple tv. There is an extra port so you cn plug a device in by Ethernet if you have a computer close or an apple tv.
Looks like the apple tv
Could have an extra Ethernet port

Quality-Check

Quality-CheckGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Poor compatibilty

jameswindsor

jameswindsor

Very versatile and useful device!

Irisgalaxy

Irisgalaxy

lukef

lukef

I have two of these. They are simple to set up and the Mac will pick it up instantly providing wireless internet to your house. At home I have coverage for the entire domestic block and at work I get coverage between buildings of nearly 75 metres of open space and 25 metres through various walls. I even pick up my neighbour's airport extreme from two doors down.
Top little device.
Easy to set up and works better than the range they quote
There are reports that they fail after a couple of years though I haven't experienced this (2 years of constant use without any loss)

Good

Small item, big function. This phrase best describes this almighty gadget. It's small enough to fit your palm, yet its enuormous task is still being served well. In this case, size doesn't matter afterall. This definitely adds mobility to a busy person so inclined with music and the internet. Streaming iTunes music to any room, or surf the net for free, all done with just plugging this thing in. Isn't that amazing, or what?
Wireless connectivity. Powerful gizmo.