Apple EarPods

Apple EarPods

MPNs: A1748-HEADSET-2X, A1748-HEADSET-3X, BNDL-KHMD827 and 5 more
See the Best Wired Headphones in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Apple? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Sound Quality
  • Bass
  • Comfort
Alex P.
Alex P.

Good enough for the price! Typical Apple cables are cheap and thin.

These headphones are not as good as the airpods but they're fine for just throwing in your bag as you go to and from work. They are not good for exercise in my opinion as they fall out and the cables get in the way. As a plus, the microphone is great for Zoom / Skype / Facetime calls.

Purchased in February 2020 at eBay for $21.99.

Liam V.
Liam V.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Fantastic little thing!

Bought a pair at Officeworks near Melbourne Central, and for the $48 i spent on them, they were absolutely fantastic, and provided the bass id expect from $200 pairs i've had in the past. Definitely recommend these for a quick fix!

Purchased in August 2019 for $48.00.

Kevin N.
Kevin N.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Convenience at its finest

These pairs are found in every unboxing of an apple smart device such as iPhones and iPads. These earphones have a balance of mid highs and lows to augment a pleasing experience. Although these earphones lack wireless connectivity, they were clearly designed to carry out their purpose...which is to deliver music to their user's ears simply by plugging it into a device. No "connection failed," no "device not found."

Purchased in November 2018 at Catch for $32.00.

ablelisax
ablelisaxGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

No Complaints

This is my everyday use and it's just so convenient. I got it with my phone, and it's a pair of responsive (controls and connection) earphones. I will say sound quality isn't the best, and it sucks that you can't get lossless and high-res audio especially with the fact that it connects through the lightning port since my X doesn't have a headphone jack but I don't really mind much, it's convenient. It's not really worth it when you get it alone though I will say, it's like similar quality to some $10-20 earphones but it's aesthetic is great.

Purchased in October 2017 at Apple Physical store.

James M.
James M.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Good value

A quality durable pair of headphones that have been tested to the limit and haven't broken down. Decent sound quality with decent bass brings out the life in music which cheaper flimsier headphones can't.

Purchased in August 2017.

Paige
Paige

Can’t live without them!

I love the shape of these earphones compared to the old model. They stay better when engaging in physical activities and are much more comfortable even when lying down. I really like the sound quality and I like that there is a button on the cord for volume control. However, I have found that they break quickly.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Maharshian
MaharshianAdelaide

These are pretty good for daily use.

These hands-free are pretty good alternative for any other in ear headphones. The sound quality is really good and the way they fit in your ears is really awesome. It is very comfortable as well. However, this earphones are very expensive and the build quality is not very impressive for the price. I have been using it for years but have to buy a new one every half year.

Date PurchasedSept 2018
Syed
SyedAdelaide

Great sound quality but easily damaged.

These earpods work great and have an amazing sound quality but almost always start breaking after a while. Sometimes one of the headphone keeps falling out of the ear and does not stay in place. Because of this, you can not use these headphones while doing a physical activity like running.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Jasmine P
Jasmine PParrearra

Great! Can’t live without them!

Really great quality. I decided to purchase another pair after losing the last pair I had. I’m very impressed with the sound and comfort of these earphones. Use them everyday at the gym and can’t live without them. Would highly recommend to anyone who isn’t looking for a wireless option.

Date PurchasedJune 2018

Charlotte
CharlotteLaunceston

Love them

I love the Apple EarPods I have. I listen to music and YouTube videos and the quality is great. I can hear things clearly but they do break easily. I can't run with mine in or do physical activity because they just fall out of my ears. The volume is good and is easily adjustable.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Amay
AmayMelbourne

Great sounds but break too quickly

I use my apple headphones for making calls and for listening to music.
I do like the quality of them but I find that they break to quickly even if you take care of them.

I wouldn't recommend them for listening to music specifically but for everyday use, they work fine!

Date PurchasedSept 2018
Mary
MaryMelbourne

Great sound, but breaks easily

These earphones do the job - the sound is very nice and crisp, and they are fairly comfortable in the ear. However, they do break really easily for some reasons and after a few months of usage I'm forced to replace them. They are definitely not the most sturdy earphones on the market and I would personally consider investing in a better pair.

Date PurchasedJune 2018

Stephanie
Stephanie

Standard earphones - nothing special

These earphones are quite standard and for that reason alone, do not deserve the high price tag. However, I do find they last longer than the cheaper brands you find at supermarkets or department stores. The earphones work well and do their job, I just can't justify the price. They are neat and look nice. Easy to get tangled when kept in handbag which is slightly inconvenient.

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Jasjelly
JasjellyBristol

good sound

thes earphones have always been my favourite very good for every day use and they dont seem to get as tangled anymore which helps there durability however i do have to replace these almost every year due to losing them or them breaking maybe a protective case would help them last longer

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Jay G
Jay GGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Quality differs

I have gone through about 5 pairs of earphones in the past couple of years. They work well! Lasted through the wash, the quality was good too. Recently I bought a new pair as my old ones finally broke. This pair broke on the first day - the material seems different. A lot thinner, stretchier, and more prone to breaking. I was refunded and got a replacement which broke within a week. Very disappointed. Apple earphones used to be good, but the quality has disappeared recently with whatever new material they are producing with.

Date PurchasedMay 2018