Apple EarPods

Apple EarPods (page 2 of 3)

MPNs: A1748-HEADSET-2X, A1748-HEADSET-3X, BNDL-KHMD827 and 5 more
See the Best Wired Headphones in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Apple? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Sound Quality
  • Bass
  • Comfort
Kim M
Kim MRobina

Good Quality Sound

The sound quality is great through these headphones. However, they tangle pretty quickly. They are much easier to untangle than older versions. Also, if you find yourself in a situation where you need the end of your headphones to have an aux, like say if you try to plug them into your laptop, you're straight out of luck

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Loz
LozBrisbane

Good product but could use some improvements.

Overall the Apple EarPods are a high quality product. However, they have a few setbacks. They become tangled very easily and can take some time to untangle. They also become very dirty over time & hard to clean. Sound quality is good. Design is generally good. Nice, neat design but can feel slightly uncomfortable in your ears after a while. Compared to other similar products I've tried these are the best.

Date PurchasedSept 2016
ArtC
ArtCPerth, WA

Good for the price

These are supposed to be the best earphones bundled with a phone. The main problem with them is that they are not very sturdy and are prone to break. That said, I usually buy these if I want cheap earbuds, mainly because of the design. I can't wear in ear monitors and the usual round buds aren't as comfortable or as good, in this price range. Take them for what they are - a cheapish earbud. But they're pretty good value if you take care of them.

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Popstickz
PopstickzPenguin

Decent Earphones from Apple

The Apple EarPods are amazing for listening to any sort of music. They are made well and the sound quality I swear was made to be perfect. They're a decent price to pay for amazing sound. They fit in your pocket, you can use them anywhere and with the microphone on the cable it makes it even to make phone calls on your mobile as well. Decent earphones from Apple.

AGT
AGTSydney, NSW

Just perfect

Love the bass and the clearness of the sound. Will last a long time and is easy on the ears.
Fits my ear well. I bought an additional one for the computer and it is good to see even movies with it. Love it, love it love it, love it.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Brad King
Brad King

Love them can’t go anywhere without them

Absolutely love these earbuds, the sound is unreal very well built, very robust never seem to get damaged, great bass, I never go anywhere without them, fit in your pocket, great for making calls as well very clear and don’t seem to be affected by wind or back ground noise, very happy :)

Date PurchasedSept 2018
Juleen
JuleenMelbourne

They do the trick!

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.
Clara V.15 Nov 2021
smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
How to be more eco-friendly when you're gifting this Christmas

Clara V.
Clara V.30 Nov 2021
how-to-be-more-eco-friendly-when-youre-gifting-this-christmas
Eddie
EddieMelbourne

Definitely do the job

Got these headphones after having spent a couple of years with really bad ones. The change was very noticeable. Great sound quality for a range of sounds, do isolate from exterior sounds a bit, but could probably do better in that aspect. That being said, it is a great pair of headphones for a reasonable price.

Date PurchasedJuly 2015
A.Ch
A.ChSydney

Fits in ears perfectly

I've never been a fan of Apple but these earphones truly impressed me. They aren't in-ear pods but it stills fits in my ear so snugly and comfortably. Doesn't seem to tangle as much as my other earphones as well. It delivers a nice crisp sound comparable to over-ear headphones.

tcc
tccPerth

Good gym earphones

These earphones fit perfectly in my ear which make them very useful to use at the gym when running or doing other physical activities. The quality is not great but defiantly good for the low price point and is not very important when used somewhere like the gym. One drawback is that they are not waterproof and can often die in one earphone after being exposed to water or sweat multiple times.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Arc
ArcPerth

Worth the price tag

These headphones are really expensive, however I personally can vouch for them and say with confidence that it is worth the price tag. The sound is not spectacular, but adequate enough for everyday used, however what makes them excellent is their ability to be transport around when doing activities such as exercising, making it worth it if you are a person that is on the move alot.

Bec
Becmelbourne

Very pretty earphones

I mainly got this for the aesthetic aspect because I really like the simplistic design. Been using it for all my iPhones over the years and it is definitely one of the best earpods out there. It is not an in-ear earphone with silicon buds however the quality of sound is amazing with plenty of bass.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Nic
Nic

Very durable

These are awesome, I've accidentally washed them about 5/6 times, and they're still fine. Had them for years and they work like magic. The sound quality is great, they're easy to clean, don't tangle easily and of course they're free with the iphone. Don't buy another set, give these a chance first. You'll be surprised!

Date PurchasedNov 2015
Dan Z
Dan ZMelbourne

The simplest and best

Have been using these for years and the sound quality is great but also practical for walking in public when you might want to hear other people. Lost my original pair so purchased another pair last year but the earphones don't break easily. Would highly recommend as a convenient and easily stored pair of earphones.

Max C
Max C

small price tag, large bass

Earphones work very well and have lasted at this stage for someone like myself which uses them quite heavily for gym, uni & commuting.
Great sounding bass & acoustics for the price.
Never experienced any cracking or sound distortion.
Never had an issue with these EarPods, would recommend to anyone.

Ash
AshSydney

Gets the job done but don't expect much

I've had both the earphones and the new and improved earpods and i applaud Apple for this new design. It's a massive step-up from the flimsy and poor quality earphones that came with my iPhone 6. I myself noticed huge improvements in sound and bass quality from its predecessor. If you're an audiophile this doesn't match any of those other great quality earphones out there but it came with my iPhone 6 free and its held up great so far. 4/5

Date PurchasedSept 2017
Mel
MelPerth, WA

Good sound and convenient volume control

The sound is quite good for earphones. The best feature is the volume control on the earpod cable. You can turn up or down the volume and skip to the next song without having to touch your ipod. I'd recommend especially if you can get them on sale. I think I paid around $40 from Officeworks.

E.L.
E.L.Sydney

Best earphone you can get at this price

These are the only earphones in this price range that are: a) easy to carry b) fit my ears perfectly c) have good bass sounds d) look good. So I think not only they are the best compared to products with similar prices, they also exceed some other earphones in some ways. Would definitely recommend!

Jett. Z
Jett. ZPerth

Use it everyday, can’t live without

I use the Apple earphones everyday no matter what I am doing and they work so well, they are pretty sturdy and reliable earphones if you use them correctly. They can be fragile if you play around with them and don’t handle them properly. Overall great product, a bit pricey but definitely worth it.

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Alan
AlanSydney

trapped but turns out it was alright

Got these earpods with the purchase of the iphone 7 so i didnt really have much choice in getting standard headphones with the aux head unless i wanted to carry around the lightning-aux adapter. basically same design as the older set of apple headphones except the jack and i find that apple headphones arent too bad for some casual listens.

LilyLil
LilyLil

The original

These headphones are just pretty perfect. I know the sound quality is not amazing but they are comfortable, go with the iPhone, fit well, good speaker, also good gestures such as quick double click to go next song and everything like that which compliments the devices nicely, also small and can fit in even my wallet pocket which is nice so you can wear them during your commute but then hide them away for your meetings etc. I re=buy a new pair every time they break. Disadvantage is that the lifespan is not incredible and they are quite weak around the actual jack but still well worth it!

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Skye
Skye

My favourite ear phones

I use these earphones all the time. The sound is excellent, and the pods are comfortable. My only issue is an issue that I take with every set of earphones I’ve ever owned! Untangling them is such a hassle. Otherwise, I once accidentally put them through the washing machinr and they still survived! Incredible!

Jayson L
Jayson LGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Good sound quality, convenient!

These earphones are often looked down upon. Sure, they might not offer the best audio quality and the bass is pretty weak in comparison to noise-isolating IEMs.

I use mine mainly on the go, listening to podcasts, listening to videos on my laptop and for voice calls on my phone. For these purposes I have no complaints. Build quality is decent and I have no qualms with throwing them in my bag without a case.

Minor issue - they are prone to becoming tangled sometimes, given their rubbery finish on the cords.

Overall, recommended purchase, just don't expect audiophile sound quality!

Trang N
Trang NMElbourne

Good for everyday and casual users.

I use it generally when travelling on the train and sometimes at home. Sound is very average. I feel like its just good for everday general use for people who don't really care about the quality. Probably not worth the price tag, but if it comes free with the phone then why not.

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Kimmy
KimmyAdelaide

Really great wired earphones

I refuse to switch my EarPods for any other brands since it's just not comparable. It's got really great sound quality and I really like the wire. I find other earphones that aren't squeezed tightly into your ear hard to find and comparable to the Earpods. It's not as good as the Airpods but I still love them

Date PurchasedSept 2015