Apple iMac 27 inch 2009 Late

Apple iMac 27 inch 2009 Late

5.0 from 1 review

Reliable, fast and beautiful

My Late 2009 iMac 27" had a tough life. It was hardly ever turned off and received maltreatment from unsympathetic children. The glass on the front of the screen got smashed after it was knocked onto the floor by my four year-old, the DVD drive got jammed with paper clips (same four year-old) and when not exposed to the kids, it was crunching through design projects in Adobe Creative Suite. Even after five years it was still quick enough for any work I needed and the screen was beautiful. Did 9/10 of what a Mac Pro did for half the money. OSX is dead simple to use. All peripherals worked as soon as plugged in. Only gripe is the inconvenient location of the USB slots and the reflective screen was no good if you had a window or bright light behind. GPU eventually gave up in 2015, but I was still able to get good money for the non-working machine! I don't particularly like Apple as a company, but the iMac is a perfect blend of functionality, ease of use, style and power. Worth the extra spend in my opinion.