Apple iMac 27 inch 2013 Late

Apple iMac 27 inch 2013 Late

Best computer I have owned

I love the all in one unit and the actual thinness of the computer. I have dverthing in a large font for ease to read and navigate. It is easy to use, download apps and connect devices to. It has been 5 years since I purchased it and it hasn’t skipped a beat, or frozen, just perfect.

Nice Machine, but could use more upgradeability

I bought my27" iMac as a custom machine with top of line i7 CPU, 1TB Fusion drive and 8GB ram. After purchase I added another 16GB ram for a total of 24GB and added a second 27" monitor of the same resolution as the iMac screen.

Reliability:
Mostly, its a good machine. A few weeks after purchase the spring inside the screen hinge failed so I had to return it under warranty. I have also had issues with the machine not shutting down properly under several OS upgrades. Have stopped trying to find out why and stuck with leaving it in sleep mode when not in use.

Speed:
I have used my iMac for a mixture of video editing, 3D design, Illustration and desktop publishing with mixed success. The reality is that although the 3.7Ghz i7 is fast, the inbuilt GTX 775M and fusion drive are not up to the task of any really demanding work. Programs like Illustrator, Photoshop, Indesign feel laggy in any situation with files demanding video performance whilst Premiere and Lightroom are just painfully slow at times due to the Fusion Drive & GTX775M combo.

Upgradeability:
In a perfect world you could easily replace items like video cards & hard drives, however, it's not so easy or cheap in the Apple universe as only a trained technician (or brave/stupid) owner would try to disassemble an iMac themselves.

Overall:
In summary, the iMac is great as a personal computer for every day use. I love the integration with other apple products and services, but I would not recommend it for professional work. Personally, I have gone back to a PC workstation for paid work and enjoy my iMac on the weekends.

good

it is a very nice computer. it is very clean and the display is very clear. I love it. It is very fast and does its job. i would recommend it

Love it, I hate computers

I love it because it's simple.
I plug it in and it just works, does everything I could ever need and more.

If you have an iPhone they interact well and do some cool stuff, almost pointless to have an iPhone without one.

For those that have no desire to constantly upgrade and change your computer or hate the idea of computer virus the get a Mac.