Apple iMac Retina 5K 27 inch

2017, 2015 Late, 2015 Mid, 2014 Late

Jason

JasonSydney

Slowest iMac ever

If you are thinking of getting this for work, with loads of software to run, better stay away. It is NOT built for work, definitely not for design work. Worst compatibility with Adobe software. This machine can't run Photoshop at all. Sadly I have to use for my graphic work which heavily involved with Photoshop and absolutely nightmare using this iMac. And its finder is do glitchy. So regretted we got this piece of junk.

RAV4 GXL 2.2 DEISEL

RAV4 GXL 2.2 DEISELGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

WOW WOW WOW LOVE IT

I was confusing for one month what to get A WINDOWS 10 OR IMAC after all advice from friends I decided to go to apple highpoint and purchase my baby computer 5K 27 INCH ,I was nervous at first with my choice but finally IM so happy now with view with programs with speed with every thing in it , I HAD MacBook Pro 2011 still working till these moment and disk top windows 10 fife years old unfortunately just stop working any more

waltdevoice

waltdevoice

Studio Crown Jewel

Katie

KatieAU

my second brain

I cannot rate my iMac highly enough, everything about it is seamless, it can almost read my mind. Im a graphic designer and i expect a lot from my computer, it needs to keep up with me always. I have other apple products for working with clients onsite (MacBook pro, iPad pro) but my iMac is my workhorse and does all the heavy lifting, never misses a beat and can keep up with my high level needs.
I generally run Illustrator, photoshop, Indesign and lightroom all at once frequently swapping between the 4 while working on one project and it keeps up beautifully, no lagging, no pauses at all.

Don’t buy. Screen flicker in 3.5 years. $914 to repair

Besides a hard disk failure after 3.1 years, now the screen has an intermittent flicker in 3.5 years. I feel so disappointed. Apple asked me to pay $900+ for a repair. And there is no buy up program. Very disappointing.

Craig

CraigGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Fantastic Upgrade.. Extremely Happy with my purchase

David29

David29Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

The display alone is worth the premium.

vimmy17

vimmy17Perth

Best Purchase money can buy.

I saw that this computer was on special and decided to buy it. It had a wonderful 27 inch screen for me to see, font on it was nice and big. As a person that usually uses glasses for typing, I was happy that the icons and all the font sizes were big enough for me to see! The screen is bright and clear. The colours are wonderful and it was so easy to set up! I am very happy with this purchase. The set up was easy and painless. The keyboard is not noisy and the bluetooth mouse is cute. Thank you apple.

Mark Pearce

Mark PearcePerth

Better than a desktop

Purchased from JB hifi recently as they had their 10% off sale on. I've used desktops before (Dell mostly) however the ease of functionality of the Mac is far superior. A class act.

Nick

NickMurray Region, NSW

Great workhorse

Love this computer. First thing I did was replace the apple keyboard with a solar logitech, more my size!
2nd thing i did was buy a external SSD samsung drive and popped it into the USB3 port, sped the computer up
by 2-3x, excellent and highly recommend.

These things just go, no issues, no viruses, any issue can be overcome via google searching and it's usually operator error if I do have any issues!

Screen is brilliant, a must for photo editing, more than highly recommend!

Sandy

SandySydney, NSW

I love my iMac with 5K retina display!!!

Good Product. Poorly Priced

My iMac died. No foul there, I had it for 7 years. So I went off to find a replacement... which I found was going to cost me about $3000. I'm now forced to have a retina display for 27 inch and pay for the privilege. I had no choice but to consider a windows machine. I got a 32 inch 4k monitor, 4.5Ghz Intel i7 processor, 16GB of faster RAM, faster SSD, and 8GB of graphics. All in an itty bitty silent itx case which is inconspicuous and sits behind the monitor unseen. WiFi, BT and all the peripherals. Total cost $2300. The equivalent for an iMac $4500! I don't mind spending a premium price for a premium product but that nearly double. Mac? Sorry, I wont be back.

Jim

JimAdelaide

Love this thing

edrenalin

edrenalinMelbourne, Victoria

Sleek Desktop, Stunning Display.. Almost worth all that money!

James

JamesAU

Fantastic

good computer, only down is it;s expensive, however you do get a lot for your money.

Love apple and it's more than just their computers, it's their company and their values too. I will continue to love apples products.

One downside

Specs.
No i7 processor option...
also upgrading from bad slow hard drives is VERY expensive

Davey

Davey

Great screen but sub-standard performance

As a decent graphic workstation only the i7 is viable. The i5 - especially without SSD - seems sluggish and my 2yo MacBook Pro eats this iMac. Fusion drive I have performs... just OK. Great screen though.