Apple iPad (6th Generation)

Apple iPad (6th Generation)

Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi + Cellular

See the Best Tablets in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

PERFECT

Excellent ipad. Cannot live without it. Its so simple to use. I enjoy playing games here. Its alot of fun and I totally reccomend it to you guys because I am in love with it.

Purchased in March 2018 at Harvey Norman for $539.00.

Go Apple!

Please, if you are searching for a tablet device to purchase, just save the stress and money of annoying slow Android tablets and wait a little while longer to get an iPad. After having both a Samsung Galaxy Tab A and my current iPad 6th Gen, I would sooner save a bit more to buy an apple product.

Purchased in February 2019 at Officeworks Physical store for $435.00.

Great upgrade!

Lovely, easy to use & lightweight. Bought as upgrade from iPad 2nd generation so I knew what to expect. I only buy Apple products as easy to set up & operate. In simple words, I love it.

Purchased in July 2019 at Officeworks.

Speed

Really a great updated model over my first iPad.

All private use. But emails, photos, contact through Facebook and Internet conection. Very portable and has excellent speed and resolution. My main device for all my main IT use. Extremely convenient.

Purchased in March 2019 at Officeworks for $540.00.

Perfect ipad

This Apple iPad is very good, very nice and easy to use. I use it for personal use and it works smoothly. The camera on it is very good quality, all the apps run good couldn’t ask for anything more
Good value for money

Purchased in March 2019.

Very fair on price

I got this from Officeworks and I did not look around too much to see if there was a better price because I was happy with the confidence that office works provides. I have owned many Apple products over the years and think that the iPad has come along way very quick easy to use and a lot of apps are getting on board with iPad not just having expanded screens overall I recommend this iPad handsdown

Purchased in June 2019 at Officeworks for $447.00.

Value of money.

I brought it for my daughter for school needs. I like the thin design and the system works well. A very nice built durable iPad. Very fast and great quality camera. The battery holds pretty well. Make sure to buy a decent iPad case/cover and screen protector. Edges can be very delicate. Apple is the best brand in the world! Thank you very much for making such good and reliable products.

Purchased in May 2019 at Costco for $439.99.

Great iPad.

Great iPad at a fantastic price.
This is one of the cheapest iPads available. Got 128GB to allow for plenty of storage. Simple to use. Battery has been lasting well. Would be great if the cellular version was a bit cheaper.

Purchased in August 2019.

Speed

Good tablet with great price but poor screen time restriction

The iPad 6th generation is a good tablet and great price.
Better performance with pencil support. Kids friendly.
Has the newer, faster fingerprint recognition support.
Major drawback is screen time restriction - kids can easily bypass the restriction as it gives options to extend the screen time or ignore it for the day.
Camera quality at night needs improvement.

Love this device

Needed to update & use of the Apple Pencil, bonus! We can all use drawing & colouring apps & my youngest can practice his pencil grip & use the writing apps. Brilliant all around.

Purchased in February 2019 at JB Hi-Fi Online Store for $536.00.

Brilliant!

I had a Motorola Xoom2 that had Android software that can never be updated. Many of the apps I use require later version of Android, so I had to research other options for tablets.
Enter the iPad 6th Generation! Wow, the clarity and detail on the screen, the ease of setting it up, the sensitivity of the touch screen and size is just perfect.
One of the major reasons I chose the iPad, is that the iOS can be updated for some time to come, therefore not losing apps, progress or anything else. It can be backed up fairly easily to a PC or the iCloud.
Not the cheapest tablet to purchase, but certainly not the dearest by a long shot. Round middle price and does everything I need it to do.
Would highly recommend the iPad 6th Gen!

Purchased in August 2019 at Harvey Norman Physical Store.

Good, quirky UI

I've never owned a tablet before and I was tossing up between this and a Samsung variant. I bought this one because it had the ability to use a stylus.
I've also never owned an apple product, so it took me a while getting used to the quirky user interface.
One of the things I wasn't used to was not being able to locate files using a file manager, even though I downloaded one from the App store. Transferring files back and forth to a Windows PC is a pain. I had to download some program called Syncios, because Windows wouldn't recognise the iPad (something to do with iOS being a "closed" operating system). When downloading PDF's, it was new to me that you had to have a copy FOR EACH program that ran it. So if I swapped over to using BlueReader instead of Apple's Book App, I had to copy the file across first. It's not very intuitive. It shouldn't matter which program I choose to run a particular file format, you shouldn't need to have multiple copies of it, just because I decide to open it in a different program. Apparently iOS stores the documents in each individual program directory and this obviously bloats the storage capacity.
I still find it hard to believe that in today's world you still can't connect a USB stick to it to backup files you download and this is a nuisance, but I think that's the case across most tablets.
But quirks aside, it is still a very good tablet to use. I bought the Logitech Crayon which is fun for kids to use, however it only lasts a few hours which is very poor. It's good for reading books on. The 10" (sorry 9.7") screen is a good size for viewing, much better than 7" on a Kindle. The display is very high resolution.

Purchased in March 2019 at Harvey Norman Electronics Physical Store.

Love it

I love this ipad it is very thin like the old Apple Ipad Air 2 but with a lot more features and better screen resolution and is a lot more responsive to wifi than the apple air 2.

Purchased in April 2019 for $400.00.

IPad 6th generation

I absolutely love my IPad 6th generation , beautiful colour casing , easy to operate , up to date software , beautiful graphics and picks up cellular signal where ever i am , very easy to handle

Purchased in February 2019 at optus for $1,300.00.

It's an iPad

I bought this because I needed to run a specific app that isn't available on other devices. I really wouldn't have wasted the money otherwise. It's not so much better than a cheaper Android that it's worth the money. It can't replace a laptop so it's overpriced for what it can do.

Purchased in July 2018 for $648.00.

A nice gift for My Parents

Bought this for my parents who use it mainly to surf the net, watch videos / drama and for photo sharing. It is definitely an upgrade for them compared to old iPad 2nd Generation (which has a broken speaker now) with below plus points:

+ significant speed difference
+ lighter in weight
+ finger print recognition makes it easier to unlock screen.
+ supports slide over, split screen and picture in picture. Split screens make it so easy to copy paste and multitask.

- Doesn’t support apple smart keyboard, else it would have been easier.

Purchased at The Good Guys for $483.30.

Speed

A definite upgrade from my old galaxy tab

The main reasons I bought this ipad were for music production apps, illustration (using apple pencil equivalent) and watching stuff on the plane. I have a lot of non-apple products that I use with this (audio interfaces) and they mostly work without any problems. the device itself is very sleek and very intuitative. I think that 128gb is the right amount of space for me as music apps are usually very large. My only beef with it is that I bought a lightning to HDMI cable to use with it for connecting it to a TV and it is extremely buggy. I didn't want to spend the $75 on the official apple adapter and i guess it's a case of you get what you pay for. It is annoying how apple do this kind of thing though........but that's a rant for another time. Most people know what apple stuff is about these days and like I told my mum when i bought her one of these for xmas "it's pretty much just a bigger iphone".

Purchased in March 2019 at optus for $840.00.

Great affordable Ipad 9.7

Purchased after having IPad 3 for over 5 years. This Ipad 6th Gen does everything I want it to and more. Screen layout and colours are great and the ease of using this IPad is simple. Has fingerprint sensor or the option of password. Can use with an Apple pencil ( which is an extra option). Really like the space of 128GB
I just love it.

Purchased in June 2019 at Officeworks Physical store for $519.00.

New tech is awesome

I use my iPad for work mostly using Office 365 and Team Manager. It is easy to carry around and more robust than a laptop. It works for my needs perfectly. I am able to carry this in my handbag at all times without it taking up too much space and it's quite light in weight too. I only have the Wi-fi enabled iPad, but if I need internet connection, I just use hotspot to my phone. Again, this works best for my needs and I didn't want to spend the money on the cellular iPad as I mostly use the iPad when I have a Wi-Fi connection anyway. Friends insist I should get a case with a Bluetooth keyboard, but this doesn't appeal to me.... if I wanted those features;size; weight of product, I would have purchased a laptop. I'm very happy with the iPad 6 gen.

Purchased in June 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for $539.00.

Speed

This iPad set me from carrying heavy books and documents

Ever since I bought the iPad-6 together with the apple pencil, I found it set me free from carrying heavy hardcover books, printed tutorials as well as numerous reference papers. It is very convenient to simply use a portable iPad to save, sort and search all reference documents with the help of some apps. Furthermore, it is more flexible to read, highlight and take notes on these documents at any time. Besides, I could also treat the iPad like a hardcover notebook to take short notes. When I purchased a compatible Bluetooth keyboard, this iPad can do the typing and powerpoint presentation since it has embedded Microsoft office apps.
This iPad can be used as a portable document library, as well as the hardcover notebooks when using it with the apple pencil. The only thing I have to keep in mind is to charge it in time and back up the important documents in case I may not take it with me when I use the laptop. Since it is an alternative to the printed documents, I think it is more environment-friendly. I am happy with this iPad.

Purchased in June 2018 at Apple Store Australia for $569.00.

Speed

I transferred everything from my old ipad to the new 6th generation wi fi 128 but the facebook messenger will not work any suggestions?

what storage does the iPad have apart from 128 GB

We have 2 new IPad 6th generation iPads. My son set them both up, he used the same email and passwords for both. Question: how can we separate our pictures, when we take pictures they end up on both iPads! Is there a way to go into settings and separate our pictures?? The last set of iPads we had, used same passwords and email which is fine, but our pictures were completely separate. How can I separate our pics on the new set of iPads?
Hi Cindi, all you need to do is on each Ipad, go to Setting > Scroll down to 'Photos' > Disable iCloud photos and Disable my Photo Stream. Any photo you take on each of the iPad will remain stored in that iPad and email and passwords would remain same. Hope that helped.Thank u soo much Jenny !!

Apple iPad (6th Generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, 32GBApple iPad (6th Generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, 128GBApple iPad (6th Generation) Wi-Fi, 32GBApple iPad (6th Generation) Wi-Fi, 128GB
CategoryTabletsTabletsTabletsTablets
Price (RRP) $669$799$469$599
Features3.5mm Headphone Jack, Stereo Speakers and Stylus (Optional Extra)3.5mm Headphone Jack, Stereo Speakers and Stylus (Optional Extra)3.5mm Headphone Jack, Stereo Speakers and Stylus (Optional Extra)3.5mm Headphone Jack, Stereo Speakers and Stylus (Optional Extra)
Connectivity4G4GWi-Fi OnlyWi-Fi Only
Charging Port LightningLightningLightningLightning
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Display
Pixel Density264 ppi264 ppi264 ppi264 ppi
Screen Size 10.2"10.2"9.7"9.7"
Screen Resolution1536 x 2048 pixels1536 x 2048 pixels1536 x 2048 pixels1536 x 2048 pixels
Display TechnologyIPS LCDIPS LCDIPS LCDIPS LCD
Battery Size8,827 mAh8,827 mAh8,827 mAh8,827 mAh
Memory (RAM)2 GB2 GB2 GB2 GB
Internal Storage32 GB128 GB32 GB128 GB
Build
Colour / Finish Silver, Space Grey or GoldSilver, Space Grey or GoldSilver, Space Grey or GoldSilver, Space Grey or Gold
Body MaterialAluminiumAluminiumAluminiumAluminium
Dimensions 240 x 169.5 x 7.5 mm240 x 169.5 x 7.5 mm240 x 169.5 x 7.5 mm240 x 169.5 x 7.5 mm
Weight493 g493 g483 g483 g