Apple iPad (6th Generation)

Love it

I purchased this iPad over a year ago now , I have no complaints what do ever, I recommend it highly. I am a big fan of apple, all products are built very well and have full trust

Purchased in January 2018 for $950.00.

Night Photography Quality
Rear Camera Quality

Good Product

Really good product. Battery backup is good, touch screen no issues, easy to work with. Mostly using to watch videos on YouTube but recently started working on it and finding really easy and helpful.

Purchased in July 2018 at JB Hi-Fi for $599.00.

Night Photography Quality
Rear Camera Quality
Speed

Good but a couple issues

The 6th gen iPad is nice - don’t see many advances from my previous 4th generation. Have a major issue with volume; without headphones you can hardly hear it, even at highest volume.

Also very disappointed it no longer supports one of my favorite Apps, “Boggle” - the original, not “Boggle with Friends.”

Purchased in March 2019 for $450.00.

Quirky ... typically Apple

I weakened and bought an iPad 6 after saying I wouldn't' I will start off by saying that I have always found iPads very Quirky and this one is no exception. Setting up would have been OK except for it turning off every minute but once I downloaded my setting from iCloud I was happy that everything else came too (settings, Apps, etc). Then it came to adding my card for payments, cool you put the card in the rectangle and it does it automatically ..... except nothing happened. Entered the details manually and my card isn't supported. It is the same card that I'm still using on my iPad 4, would be Ok if it was some obscure banking institution but it is one of the big 4, checked supported cards and Westpac isn't on the list. So now I'm unable to update any of the onboard Apps .... fortunately my other apps are updating OK.
Now another quirk, I opened an App for the first time and Apple security was on the job, had to enter my password and the I had to enter a code sent to my other iPad?????? Fortunately I still have my other iPad that hasn't been reset ready for sale.
Other than that I have enjoyed my new addition, it is fast, much lighter than 2 or 4 but so far I'm wishing I had stuck to my guns and not bought it.

Purchased in February 2019 at Officeworks Online store for $519.00.

Great Gift Idea

Mum turned 76 on Saturday so we all threw in to buy her an updated ipad. The 6th generation looked just what she needed. With a rose gold cover on the back the screen is large enough for mum to use and yet the ipad is not too heavy. My only suggestion is when it comes to cases and covers, look online before you pay big dollars at stores in Australia. An ideal gift. What happened to the old tablet? Passed it on to my father who just uses it for some games and youtube.

Date PurchasedJan 2019

Amazing apple ipad 6th generation

Lighting fast ipad with multi functional options. Really amazing to operate and fastest ever ipad ever used. Love to recommend to everyone who wants to work as well as use it for their personal work. User friendly for children as well as adults with multiple storage options available. Fastest IOS software ever and never going to disappoint you while functioning.

Good and helpful but...

One problem sometimes I can’t log in it just doesn’t work it is hard to explain,on the Front lock screen there is no time for no date! This has only happens once and I would recommend it!i love the way it works and all the good things it does and helps whith it is handy!

Date PurchasedJan 2019

Still the best

After all these years the iPad still stands out to me as the best in the market.
The iPad 6th gen is super zippy, polished and functional, making it a great value proposition given the entry level price (vs other apple tablets).
Having owned the tablet for a few months now, I certainly don’t regret my decision to switch back over from the android side of the fence after a long sabbatical.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Love that it works with Apple pen but nothing new about it.

Had to get a new ipad as my old one broke. Opted in for a Apple Pen as well as I usually take notes on my iPad, love the Apple Pen. Though I wish there were some more changes done to this iPad. But overall, still love it. Battery life is better though.

Amazing gadget..!

Apple have been really.. i love apple products and have been using for couple of years now but i specially love this ipad as it is really good and really handy to use.. you can use it as a laptop i don't have to carry around my heavy laptop everyday so i really recommend it.!

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Another very good apple product

It’s working very well also available in different colours.
I bought gold and it’s just superb. Performance is very good as like other apple products and different accessories also available for this.
Easy use of it and kids love it.
It supports latest iOS and updates for any new changes.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Very good

Bought this ipad on plan and it is awesome ipad very smooth. My kids, loves playing games in it. All the apps runs smoothly. Haven't have any problem with it. The camera also takes very nice pictures and video loads and plays fast.

Recommend it to any want wanting to purchase

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Fantastic as ever

This is my third Ipad now and I love it. I had a 1st Gen, 3rd Gen and now the 6th Gen. All previous ipads actually still work but iOS updates stopped supporting them so I don't feel they're secure for internet use anymore. Very happy with my new ipad, it's light, fast and very easy to navigate around. All the social media apps and games run really well on this ipad. Videos are a joy to watch, fast and lovely screen. For running apps and entertainment, the iPad is perfect. If you need to do serious work on it (like word processing, photo editing etc), there are other devices that are more suitable. I use my Surface Pro for work, but my iPad for fun.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

A great livht weight tablet. Perfect for school

Perfect ipad for school assignments and BYO program in school.
Very lightweight, IOS11 and perfect screen too.
My son loves it finger unlock security.
Would definitely recommend. Good price too.. 128gb is perfect for lot of apps and games..
Resolution and Camera is very good. A+
Grade 3 new ipad for school

Date PurchasedJul 2018

This is an amazing apple product

This has to be one of the best apple products yet; its super fast, and fairly cheap at around 440$ aud brand new. it is able to run pubg and fortnite. pubg runs on the best graphics with it too. i would definitely recommend buying this ipad since it is just so convenient to browse the internet without straining your eyes on an iphone.

Happy with devuce

Brought the iPad three months ago and find it practical for my needs , it's s great size and not too heavy . The only problem I have found and it may be me is I can't find how to make letters bold even after googling it. Lots of apps on it I still have not used yet as well . Happy with my purchase

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Reading the IPad in bed with one hand and the glass shattered in my hand leaving fine shards of glas

Very happy till the screen shattered in my hand. Was lying in bed looking up holding edge with one hand. Possible the weight of the ZAGG cover did not help if screen is weak. Apple refuse to cover any warranty as they it suffered physical damage. Apple say it cannot be fixed like a phone as the screen is integrated. Harvey Norman have escalated the warranty request higher but it's been 7 weeks so far. BE careful.

Good I pad

Recently, I have been contracted an i pad 9.7 6 generation with wifi and cellular by Telstra.
And I really love this I pad, as the quality of picture is very good and very easy to navigate and very easy to use as well.
The Apps are working nice and smoothly.
I have used it to watch movie, to read news and watching Sport.
The only problem is that it is a little to big and a bit difficult to carry.
But overall it is a nice I pad.
I would recommend it for anybody who need an I pad.

expensive but brilliant!

perfect, new AR features are impressive. can't wait to see what app developers do with what's now possible. adobe mobile apps also run noticeably smoother and faster. the new features on the pencil also makes a world of difference for those who animate, illustrate or just enjoy doodling. still not sure why the iMacs aren't touch screens...

Yes it's good!

I have used iPads in the past and they are good. Especially if using an iPhone. But it is one reliable device to have. The battery is great. Build quality is on point. User experience is great and with the option to use an Apple pencil was a bonus surprise.

The screen even though on paper it doesn't have the highest resolution. It is actually not bad. I like the color reproduction. It's more natural looking.

I see no point on going on about the specs or iOS. iPads are just a must have in a house in my opinion.

This is time to mention the 2 small things I personally don't like about this model. Okay, the first one is the home button. Why didn't Apple use the same Home button (TouchID) as the one on the iPhone 7 Plus? But everyone will not worry about that. Like I said "small things" and by no means, it's a deal breaker.

The second one is more of a wish than a dislike. I wish Apple would use an OLED display. But don't think the current screen they have is not good. For an LCD it is quite good.

And that's it! Those 2 small things I didn't like are not big enough reasons to skip this model. It's affordable and a good size for portability. There's nothing to really complain about it. Yes, it uses an older A10 chip but it is still very quick and smooth.

So I gave this a 4 out of 5 stars. I can understand that using an OLED display will cost extra. But not using the same TouchID as the iPhone 7/7 Plus makes me wonder.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

We have 2 new IPad 6th generation iPads. My son set them both up, he used the same email and passwords for both. Question: how can we separate our pictures, when we take pictures they end up on both iPads! Is there a way to go into settings and separate our pictures?? The last set of iPads we had, used same passwords and email which is fine, but our pictures were completely separate. How can I separate our pics on the new set of iPads?
Hi Cindi, all you need to do is on each Ipad, go to Setting > Scroll down to 'Photos' > Disable iCloud photos and Disable my Photo Stream. Any photo you take on each of the iPad will remain stored in that iPad and email and passwords would remain same. Hope that helped.Thank u soo much Jenny !!

3 weeks old and my iPad has a crack across the corner. It was in a holder and has not been dropped or miss handled. I took it back to place of purchase but they don't want to know. They said it has been damaged? I truely believe it must be faulty. How does an item crack for no reason? Where do I go from here? Consumer affairs?
In not sure, but perhaps contact apple directly??I took it to an apple authorised dealer. They took one look at it and said "single hairline crack with no impact. Yes we will send it back and replace it with a new one. Thank goodness. Certainly treated me better than Harvey Norman.

Where do i go for the best price Apple i pad 6th generation in real world store in Sydney?
Good Guys, Office Works August 2018I took out a plan with Optus via Harvey Norman. $15 a month for iPad and $15 a month for 3 gig of data. Cheaper than buying outright

iPad (6th Generation) Wi-Fi, 128GBiPad (6th Generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, 128GBiPad (6th Generation) Wi-Fi, 32GBiPad (6th Generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, 32GB
Operating SystemiOSiOSiOSiOS