Apple iPad mini 5

Apple iPad mini 5 (2019)

Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi + Cellular
See the Best Tablets in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Apple? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

4.3
  • Security
  • Speed

Margarita
MargaritaSydney, NSW

Such a fraud as all Apple's objects

I have got an IPad mini for my work was so happy but after several days of purchase, the battery stopped on 27%. It does not move anywhere 3 hours later. How funny. I did have an issue with the Apple watch before, they glitched flashing with light and burned my wrist. Such a fraud! So disappointed! I mean android is awful too. I wish Apple, windows, Android went down and someone better appeared on market for us, for people, not for a profit Such a waste of my time!

Purchased in May 2021 at Bondi Junction for $699.00.

Apple disappointment

I need to purchase a replacement for my wonderful Nexus 7 because some of the newer apps will not run on it as it has not been upgraded for years.

The iPad mini 5 seemed to be the answer. However - probably my fault for trusting Apple but the wifi only does not have GPS - this means I have to purchase an external GPS to use via the Lightning Connector for $250.

Also the video quality is poor especially compared to the Nexus.

All I can say is that I hope Google upgrade the Nexus soon.

Purchased in February 2021 for $819.00.

Shona
ShonaSydney, NSW

Best mini iPad ever

I bought this iPad for my baby. It’s best mini iPad ever. Battery life is great. Almost similar with iPhone but convenient for both kids and adults. Highly recommended ipad.

Purchased in September 2020 for $700.00.

Sue
SueSouth East Queensland, QLD

Love my iPad mini

I bought this iPad mini to replace my old one that karcked it after 7 years. I predominately use it for reading books as I get joint pain in my hands and struggle to hold a fat paperback for any length of time. This new iPad mini is sooooo much faster and a little lighter. I’m obviously not a tech specialist however, I know what I like. The screen seems to be kinder on my eyes when reading in the dark next to my snoring husband. When I do use it to do a spot of online shopping, it’s fast to load websites and the user options and interfaces are so easy to use. Plus, syncing my new iPad mini on startup with my other devices was ridiculously easy and fast. I only wish my old iPad mini died sooner.

Purchased in June 2020 at Domayne for $599.00.

Liam D
Liam DAU

Outdated design with modern internals

Purchased in April 2020 at JB Hi-Fi Online Store for $599.00.

Best personal electronic devices in 2020!

ProductReview.com.au has analysed a year's worth of reviews to find the best wireless headphones, mobile phones and tablets in 2020. Compare specific reviewer ratings, ranging from Battery Life and Sound / Camera Quality to Value for Money and Ease of Use to help you choose the best personal tech.

Wendy Z.1 Nov 2019
best-personal-electronic-devices-in-2020
mrcrazything
mrcrazythingSydney, NSW

Outdated design disguises beastly little iPad

Purchased in December 2019 at Harvey Norman for $539.00.

Joseph Leeton
Joseph LeetonMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Pocket Rocket

Despite its small size the processor on the iPad mini 5th Generation performs fantastically. The screen is easy on the eye and response times do not lag. With iCloud back up and face I'd all your important data is safe and secure

Purchased in June 2019.

Lilly
LillyRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Great Easy iPad

this iPad is good as it is new, small, lightweight and easy to travel with. I like taking this iPad away with me as it is bigger than my phone to work on and watch tv on.

Purchased in October 2014 at eBay for $499.00.

Madeleine Cahill
Madeleine CahillGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Light weight and easy to use

Light weight, easy to store and user friendly. The camera quality is seriously lacking so if you are using it for work related reporting, not ideal. However the ability to sync with most reporting apps is great and the voice to text is helpful.

Purchased in February 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for $799.00.

Meg
Meg

Amazing product

We have had the mini for over a year. We contemplated whether to buy the larger model with less storage or the mini with heaps of storage. We choose the mini and it was the best choice. The storage is amazing. My son has a multitude of games he downloads. We also download heaps of movies from Netflix which can be watched without wifi. I recommend the larger storage space as my son and me share the iPad and it still has enough space left over. Saved us buying. A second one.

Purchased at Officeworks for $460.00.

Li Qin Khoo
Li Qin KhooGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great tablet for multipurpose usage

I use this iPad mainly for university. It is small, easy for me to carry around. I could just bring a small bag with me around! Its battery is also excellent, more than enough to last me for a day worth of uni. It is also equipped with Apple's A12 Bionic Processor, which makes the processing speed faster. However the camera is does not take the best pictures but it is sufficient for taking pictures from slideshows and generally everything else. This iPad mini is compatible with the Apple Pencil (1st Gen) and it makes everything easier for me to make notes and sketch.

Anne
Anne

great

Great little tablet. It's fast, lightweight, looks good and easy to use. It's very portable so I can take it out with me and the battery life is good. The screen makes everything - photos/videos look great.

les
lesArthur River

Apple ipad mini 5 64GB exceeds my expectations

I was looking for a small, lightweight tablet to use on an overseas trip and after a lot of research chose the Apple ipad mini 5. I decided the non cellular ipad was the best value as I could use my iPhone to hotspot wifi. I have been delighted with the photo results using this device.

Purchased in May 2019 at Apple Physical store for $599.00.

SYDHarry
SYDHarrySydney

Tiny monster with excellent battery life

iPad Mini 5 is the best iPad in the market for parents, kids and seniors. All my apps works very smoothly. Thanks for Apple's A12 Bionic processor and 3GB RAM.

Gorgeous Retina display supports first generation Apple Pencil. Excellent front camera for selfies and video calls. Stereo speakers' sound quality is more enough for songs and movies.

Purchased in May 2019 at Officeworks Online store for $597.00.

Tracy
Tracy

The best iPad

My iPad mini is great I do my study play games anything I need to do I can do on this iPad it can be used as my telephone and also my stereo it’s the best thing I bought

Purchased in July 2018 at JB Hi-Fi for $1,300.00.