Apple iPhone 7 Plus 128GB

Apple iPhone 7 Plus 128GB

MPNs: 36474003, 36474004, 36474009 and 7 more

Best by far

Very easy to use. Large screen easy options and camera is clear. Perfect for playing games and texting and video calls. Apps upload easily and run without a problem. Perfect size phone for big hands.

Purchased in May 2015.

Was Okay at the time

Was pretty happy with this phone when we first purchased it and the camera was pretty good, however we definently noticed after multiple updates the phone slowed right down and the apps and games ran very slowly which was enough to make us want to jump over to android.

Purchased in February 2018 at Apple Store Australia for $1,479.00.

Software

The choice of pro photographers and travellers when convenience and quality is essential.

when i read a review of the iPhone 7+ on a pro photography website, where the author stated that many of his peers and colleagues were leaving their heavy kit at home and carrying the 7+ instead due to this iPhone's ability to take, edit, store and transmit a very large amount of high quality photos that are above the publishing standard of ten megapixels, (iPhone 7+ has 12 megapixels on main camera) i decided to buy one. theres some special reason why the two lens camera on the back of the 7+ gets such great portraiture and with its special chips inside it the camera can patch together some great panorama shots (i took mine to the blue mountains and have the best panoramas iv'e ever taken from there). The screen on this camera is of the highest quality, its more photoreal than any android oled screen and thats why it sucks more juice, its resolution is beyond the ability of our eyes to see the individual pixels. so when you take a photo with the iPhone seven plus you can be sure that basic editing on the phone will be accurate and to the quality level expected even by magazine publishers. thats the level this phone is at, its a pro's go-to, snap-snap, ready-at-all-times, standardised to the highest quality camera and communication device. i reccomend you buy the highest capacity, i bought half that and am not disappointed as that fulfils my needs and budget, plus i have the infrastructure to back my iPhone up regularly and keep the photos on an external drive, my phone is mostly filled with music apps. its not filled to capacity. neither is my ex girlfriend's 7+, which is good because she just left for a holiday in Nepal. I'm sure she remembered to pack a couple of spare USB batteries and the requisite cables. I like to have a really short lightning to USB cable to go from my battery to my phone and fit in my pocket without any tangles. I told my ex to buy the 128gb 7+ like me, but she bought the 256gb top-capacity 7+, she made the decision based on the fact that her 32gb iPhone 5s ran out of space and she was forever making room to take more photos. We both are artists of some kind and i have been a semi-pro photographer with all the gear in the past, my ex is a printmaker. we both use social media to post our photos and my ex uses special cameras and filters she gets from the app store, she edits her photos using apps and filters from the app store and then posts them up. I take photos and videos, i don't edit them, unless the form they are going into requires some tweaks or something, and sometimes i post to social media, other times i'm just glad to have a very accurate recording of the phenomena or object, and store it into my collection for others to see later on. i also use the iPhone to take sound recordings onto its many microphones, sometimes i just rip a sample straight into the iPhones tiny mics for my music, i can always use a lightning to usb adapter, also i found a particular "grey to black" adapter by RODE microphones which in turn fits into the headphone stereo with mic to lightning adapter on the 7+. this little adapter allows me to plug in my $200 sony minidisc stereo microphone or other stereo mics that come with the smaller jack for video cameras and the like. it then goes from stereo to mono i beleive, and mixes both channels too i think because i can't tell the two channels apart when preference-ing one mic side over the other, i doubt this is technically possible but it seems to be the way it works..

another benefit of having the iPhone 7+ is the button. Its not actually a button it just vibrates with haptic feedback when pressed, which means unlike previous iPhones, the button will not break and cost you heaps to get fixed. also, the button is still there! if you prefer using the button and having touchID fingerprint reading instead of three-dimensional infra-red photo ID then this phone would be a good choice, you might dislike having a glass back on your phone like the 8+, that can break, finally the iPhone 7+ meets high industry standards for water resistance/water proofing. so it should be a lot easier to ruggedise the iPhone 7+ than any other phone out there in my opinion, thats if you want the pro-photo quality and other features mentioned in this review like touch-ID, a photo-real retina screen, several high quality mics and access to what i reluctantly name as the best app store for photos and music, which is the Apple one.

Purchased in August 2017 for $1,150.00.

Poor reception

Good phone with decent features but really pathetic reception and there is some issue about the audio. My mate’s Samsung Galaxy is way faster with internet reception and you can actually hear the person on the other hand. Expecting more from Apple.

Purchased in February 2018 for $1,000.00.

Software

Really nice size and phone

The iphone 7 plus was great when i used it, the camera was probably the best on the market, it also was really nice to be water resistant. I mostly used it to call and text but it was a great phone to use to also play a couple games on. I ended up giving it to my nephew after i bought myself an xr and he really enjoys it

Purchased in November 2017 at Apple Online store for $1,400.00.

The worst phone I’ve had

I bought this phone new online from Apple in NSW. No one could hear me during calls.
I took it to the Genius Bar in Charlestown. They gave me a replacement. This phone is even worse and terrible faults. Apple refuses to replace the phone. The conmen at Charlestown claim there’s nothing wrong with it by looking st it for only 5 minutes. I paid over a thousand dollars for a piece of rubbish. The phone faults are:
- trouble being heard on phone (I can hear other but they cannot make out what I’m saying).
- repeatedly freezes whereby I’m unable to use anything or make calls. I have to shut the phone down and restart it each time. it freezes during writing emails or texts, or playing app games.
- the screen darkens all the time so I have to change the light setting.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Best phone of apple

The iPhone 7 is a great phone. It has a 3D touch, virtual home button. This phone has a 128GB capacity and allows me to store a lot of photos and videos. This phone is very smooth while using and the game performance is also very good. The disadvantage is that the battery capacity is too low.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Never buy any iphone

I regret my decision of buying iphone; I was very happy with Android but just for the show-off sake I bought iphone and ever since I have bought it, I am struggling. For every single thing you need to go through iTunes which is a pain. I want to reset my phone to factory settings but it does not let me from phone. Apple care suggest through itunes, it's been more than 15 hrs but itunes could not reset it. it is still saying downloading some software for that. Pathetic! I wish I could give 0 star to apple.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Awesome phone

The iPhone 7 plus is an awesome phone, i love it. Does everything i need too, interacts with all my other mac devices, love how it is waterproof, connecting via bluetooth is a breeze. Only thing i dont like is they got rid of the headphone jack. Wish they would bring that back.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Great phone

I have liked this phone, particularly the portrait mode that I think most phones have now. I have received heaps of compliments on the photos I’ve taken. I also prefer the larger screen. I use the recorder for work sometimes, emailing, and the calendar. I find the alarm is reliable in the mornings. The apps generally run smoothly and I’ll just reboot it if there’s a problem. I also like how light it is for the size. The display is clear and easy for me to read. I would buy Apple again. I used to have the 5 but I gave it to my dad as a hand me down. It’s also still going strong.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Very powerful smart phone

Very powerful smart phone, I have been using it for 2 years. Great storage capacity to hold all my apps, photos etc. nice color. Have always kept screen protector and cover son it so there are no scratches or dents on the phone. Easy to use. Easy to see the screen especially with options like naming the print bigger.
I will always stay with Apple because it’s just so easy to use. It doesn’t lag.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

This is good phone

Hi I use apple iPhone 7 Plus. It’s a very nice phone it’s very useful to me. My brother in law gifted to me this phone last year on my birthday. I really thank full to my brother in law. After used for a year it working as a brand new.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Better than expected

Good overall phone, my first apple purchase. Overall functionality is easy to navigate and use. Good camera and features. Find that the screen is easily breakable compared to other phones I’ve had when dropped (even slightly knocked). find that the apple support is an added bonus when buying this phone.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Great phone, easy to use, powerful

Shortly after purchase I had a problem with the camera. I took the phone to an Apple store where it went away for repair. The phone has worked without issue since.
I would recommend the 7 plus for its screen size. It’s been a great phone, great camera, Apps run really well.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Ideal phone!

The iPhone 7 Plus uses a dual camera which for me really improved the camera quality, even at night. In comparison to my other phone (which was the iPhone 6s), I have no regrets about switching! The display of the colours used on this phone is impeccable. They are all so vibrant and bright to the eye which is really attractive to me. The variety of the brightness for this product is also necessary and convenient. I use this phone for not only contacting people, but I use it to play games and run different kinds of apps which never fails to run smoothly.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

great phone

Updated to iPhone 7 Plus from 5SE. So screen is bigger. Phone is faster. Camera is better. A good update and easy to learn the new things it does. Use it mainly for calls and texts and maps and camera. Everything runs smoothly. Can't see what benefit I would get from an 8 or X so very happy.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Service was very good

The service at the Telstra shop in Capalaba was very good. The phone doesn’t seem to perform under a cover as it does outside the cover but other than that is works fine. It just takes a while to actually go through the process of upgrading your phone, maybe Telstra could streamline the process to make it less than an hour

Date PurchasedSep 2018

ehhhh

i brought the iPhone 7plus last year october, and i have to say its not that great, the battery life sucks and so does the camera quality. i use my phone every day, and use lots of apps on it and i have to say its slow and lags alot at times.

i just brought the iPhone x and damnnn it is good

Date PurchasedOct 2018

That stupid audio jack! Whyyyyy! Same old iPhone

I finally gave in and decided to stop openly mocking the iPhones plus versions as being bricks and brought the 7+. I was lured in by seeing a collection of photos from a NFL game captured with the 7+ phone camera and no editing software. I was shocked at the vibrance and clarity and was looking forward to having those types of quality images readily available in my mobile device.....
I’m still waiting.
The phone is large for a woman’s hand, it fits clumsily into two hands...don’t even consider using just one.
Bulks comically out of women’s jeans like a pick-pockets dream.
Same stupid issues all iPhones have which is software related. I have had this phone over a year already and due to my refusal to upgrade the system software to iOS 11, things were running smoothly. Lovely operating system, battery life only minimally compromised since new.....apart from ignoring the upgrade prompts on the regular...I was happy....until the dreaded night apple
Took it upon itself to upgrade me against my will! I woke up to an unfamiliar sight. My iPhone will never be the same. It is now plagued with the worst command centre set up ever seen....the battery life is a crap show. I’m not having to have my phone brightness waaaaayyyyy down!! It is beyond annoying squinting at my own phone! I cannot use any music apps, streaming apps, background refresh, location services for any prolonged period (2hours from 100-0)
As per apples instructions I should conserve battery life by disabling almost all of its features.
Or I could restore my phone to its previous version by logging into iTunes...I’m sorry what? I don’t have a PC in which I backup to iTunes. I use the cloud it’s 2018!
So no help there.
Oh no I’ve written wayyy to much and haven’t even got to the audio jack yet.
Meh it’s probably been said...useless

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Great phone

I was initially skeptic of having a bigger phone but I love the size of the 7plus......I haven’t used my iPad because the screen size is perfect! Still fits in my pocket and bag easily. Highly recommend. I’ve had this phone for nearly 2 years.....battery started fading about 2 months ago.....I considered upgrading, but instead got a new battery installed and it lasts days again.

Date PurchasedNov 2016