Apple iPhone 8 Plus

Apple iPhone 8 Plus (page 2 of 17)

64GB and 256GB

Great device

First thing I noticed when I stepped up from the iPhone 6+ is the excellent battery life. Did a lot of research prior and from all accounts the 7 is very similar in performance to the 8 except that the 8 has a much better battery. The cameras is are excellent and take surprisingly good quality photo's. Plus the camera has heaps of options and features. Bought a life proof case because i'm a bit clumsy and figured that after laying out a lot of money to buy the phone outright it was probably worth the extra $100. I use my iphone for everything, gaming, messaging, calls, calendar, web, controlling my life! etc. Only had this for 3 months so I'm hoping not to have any issues, but nothing at this point.

Purchased in November 2018 for $1,000.00.

Performance
Battery Life
Camera Quality
Hardware
Software

Poor support and sound quality

Got a phone and had issues with noise while talking as if the speakers are burst.. apple wants to give appointment after 7 days

They are are busy selling new phone and don’t want to keep existing customers happy

Sad to find such thing from apple store at adelaide

Never again will buy apple for any of my family member
No wonder their sales and stock price are below expectations

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Can’t live without it but could be better

Camera quality at night is quite good, a bit disappointed they wouldn’t have the the portrait for the selfie camera also for what you pay. It does take good photos but, durability isn’t great for what you pay you would think that you don’t need to buy a $100 life proof case to save it from one accidental drop, brightness is good.
I use my phone for everything really, reminders calculators social media taking photos writing notes and soon to be my way of having a little online business.
All my apps have run smoothly so far.
I will add I have had the phone for only 6 months and I love it but there have been some disappointing factors about it such as I mentioned about about the potrait camera and also last week the sound just decided to stop working on it, it was able to be fixed without having to send it away for repair but for a 6 month old phone that shouldn’t be happening, I feel like the iPhones don’t last as long as they should considering the price you pay for them. But I do love the iphones and will continue to use them.

Awesome

I have had this mobile for about 4 month now. It is awesome. The camera quality is awesome you got portrait mode which I love to use. Most people say the battery doesn't last long as it is large phone but in my case it is good. Never had any problem with my phone. I recommend it to anyone wanting buy a new phone.

Love my iPhone!!

What can I say? Apple make the best phones. Hands down. The iPhone 8 Plus has everything you need, size, storage, speed and so much more. Just like all previous models, this phone is easy to use and has fantastic battery life. Highly recommended. Only downside is the pricing but it is a high quality device that will last as long as you need.

It's okay for an Apple

Purchased this phone for my wife as she is a lover of Apple. IOS operating system works really well but a little disappointed with the phone. It has overheated a couple of times. Prefer to use Samsung myself but Apple does make some decent products from time to time. Decision is up to you.

Date PurchasedJun 2019

Not my dream phone for 1 reason

The camera quality on my iPhone 8+ is good but when I zoom in it gets pretty blurry but that is okay. I am quite satisfied whit the display though. I use my device not to just communicate with family but to take photos on and keep up with social media.
The apps run well on my phone but the reason this isn’t my dream phone is that it doesn’t have Animoji’s like the x phones do. I don’t understand why I have to pay more for this phone then for a xr but yet the xr has Animoji and the 8+ doesn’t. My dream is to have animji it’ll make this phone worth more.

I love it!

Best phone camera I have come across, it’s such a high quality.
I love how you can adjust the brightness of the screen, I have mine set to a yellow tone, so much nicer on my eyes. I use my phone for everything, social media, photos, online shopping. I love it!
Yes, the apps run super smooth, not very often they glitch.

I like this phone

I like this phone; due to its screen size it makes texting and emails easier to write & read. It’s slim line, and a good shape. The glass does crack easier however than previous models as it’s quite slippery without a case cover. This phone has pretty much all the modern perks but is still affordable. Apps run well on this phone, and it seems quite safe from getting hacked so far.

Different but same

It’s almost only 5 months since using the phone and so far I’m happy with it. The only issue I’m having I with it is sometime the apps got hang which I’m
Visiting the apple shop in couple of days.
Overall battery timing is good, camera and portrait mode is awesome. I wanted to buy the iPhone 8 but I bought the 8 plus and with the wider screen I can see more clear.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Be careful not as good as it seems and Apple won’t replace under warranty

This phone is not water resistant nor water proof so please do not let any water get near it as it’s not covered under warranty as I’ve found out less than 30sec and in 5cm depth of water phone is no good even thou Apple do state that they are “ splash, water and dust resistant max depth of 1 metre for up to 30 seconds” yet mine was no way near that depth or in water for that amount of time and yet they refuse to cover it under warranty and this phone is less than 6 months old.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Good phone - just like previous models

Apps work great - this was a first phone for my young son as it came with an amazing deal - no issues - don’t really see any difference at all between it and the iPhone 7 though. I would never upgrade my iPhone 7 to get the iPhone 8 as there are no differences with use.

Good product

Standing in the shopping mall store I was looking around at the huge variety of different phones, when I came across the iPhone 8 Plus. Hubby an I both left with one! Upon getting home an playing around with my new phone, as you do lol. I first noticed it was MASSIVE! An it was quite heavy! Bare in mind the phone I had previously was an iPhone 5s. I found the camera to be quite good, display was good, screen size was great an watching videos was great. Due to the screen size reading texts is very easy! All in all I’m quite happy with the phone, the way it operates an all it’s added extras. The only thing I would change if I could is the weight of the phone because in my opinion it’s just a bit to heavy.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Bad sound quantity, does random things

My iPhone 7 was great but after my contract expired I upgraded to an iPhone 8s and I would rather use iPhone 5 than this.
The sound quality is shocking. I have to use earphones to hear people and regularly I’m told the line is bad, or my voice is very soft.
I’ve done all the help desk stuff and the settings recommended don’t help one iota.

My phone also randomly calls people (not picket calls), and somebody who I would NEVER call, whose number is actually in my BLOCKED numbers list, claimed they received a missed call from my number and a missed call right after that from a ‘no caller ID ’
Number...
my phone also sometimes turns my phone on to ‘No caller ID’ on its own.
It’s also very sensitive, and Siri makes an entrance even when I’m quiet!!!

The most IRRITATING thing this phone does, is deletes messages I was composing, as well as cuts calls off (too regularly to be a one odd fault).

I definitely won’t be ‘upgrading’ to whatever the newest model is (I’ve read mixed reviews about eh X
And I’m on a contract so I’ll have to endure this rubbish for a long time still!).
Samsung seem much better (and less expensive!!) but once an Apple user, other brands seem like a bad apple.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Great phone, only thing missing is headphone jack...

The camera quality at night is still not great on the iPhone 8 plus. I love the size and the functionality overall. I’ve had this phone over a year now and apart from a few glitches, ie phone freezing etc I’ve been very happy with this phone. I do miss the headphone jack though. Was great for when I give the phone to the kids in the car....

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Following on from my review. My awesome phone died a week ago. Completely shut down, couldn’t turn it on, wouldn’t charge and was not recognised by iTunes..so I couldn’t restore it.. And as luck would have it it’s just out of warranty. I ended up buying a new phone , I got the iPhone XR. Could justify paying over $500 to replace a phone that I’ve had for just over 12 months:-( and it’s failed. They really should last longer than that!!

Love it!

Getting the iPhone 8 Plus was the best decision I made. I was contemplating whether or not I needed the larger model and I’m so happy I decided to get it. Could not go back to a regular size model anymore. It’s supef fast and does everything I need it to. Plus the gold colour is amazing and the glass back is just perfect.

Best phone I’ve owned

Being a senior citizen the thought of advanced technology can be scary but I have to say my IPhone is so easy to use. Siri and I have developed a comfortable co-existence and she is great for finding coffee shops etc. I find the APPs simple to work and they help make life that little bit easier each day. The large screen is a godsend. My one disappointment is the camera and night shots of the moon. I just can’t get a good shot of a full moon.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

I love it

I just really love it
iPhone 8 Plus
I got it February this year 2018
App run smoothly
I have the phone with all the time
My sister got the iPhone 10 she like it
It take a good picture at night and thought the day
All my family got IPhone

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Not too hard to grip

Love this phone because it's fast and it doesn't crash. I got the 256GB phone because I thought that would help me in my filming and after using the phone for a couple of months, I realized I amde the best decision ever. The video resolution is nice and the slomo effect helped me a lot.

Good upgrade from the 7

I used to have the iPhone 7 and upgraded to the X recently. I found that it was much more worth it to buy a pre-owned X compared to the new XS. Both the XS and X are similar in design and only have minor changes. The iPhone X is a great phone with amazing capabilities especially with its camera and OLED screen. Would highly recommend this phone!