Apple iPhone XS

Apple iPhone XS

64GB, 256GB and 512GB

Great phone! but too pricy

The iPhone Xs Max is a great phone, gives you that amazing camera to shoot beautiful photos, amazing video and breathtaking slow mo videos.
The whole design of the phone is nice, and the larger iPhone has such a great screen size but people with small hands will struggle with holding the phone.
There is a big drawback however, and thats the price of the phone itself. The more storage you get the more expensive and for the average consumer its a too much. An upgrade from an iPhone 7 or less would be more justified however an upgrade from the iPhone X not as much worth it.

After owning the phone since its release I have enjoyed every aspect of the phone and would highly recommend if you have the budget to purchase it.

Purchased at Apple Physical store for $2,400.00.

Great phone

What an absolute delight of a phone. For years I've been dabbling in random Androids; from Google Pixel to Samsung Galaxy to Sony Experia. With each one of those phones I've taken a week or two to fully master the phone. This iPhone though is so intuitive! Everything about it seems natural. I didn't even need instructions because it just makes sense. I'm converted!

However, I have removed one star as I am a renowned phone dropper who doesn't use protective cases. I've never cracked a phone and I've dropped some hard! The first time I dropped this one i chipped the glass back. I'm probably not going to take advantage of wireless charging just yet so the glass back isn't needed by me. A shame. The phone still works great, unfortunately when it comes time to upgrade the resale value has been affected now.

Purchased .

Brilliant iPhone

I upgraded from my iPhone X to the XS and was pleasantly surprised by the noticeable improvement.
It is much faster, photo quality is significantly better and apps seem to run more smoothly.
I am very happy with my purchase!

Purchased at Apple Physical store for $1,879.00.

Best iPhone ever!

Love the high quality camera and screen! It also have a pretty well durability. I believe that this is the best iPhone model ever. Still working awesome after 6 months use

Purchased at JB Hi-Fi for $1,569.00.

Software

This iPhone has great technology

About the camera quality it is very clear and yes I’m totally satisfied with the service.Yes of course all the features are good in this phone .I use my phones for watching movies playing games and many more.Yeah the apps runs very smoothly.

Purchased .

Few Glitches but over all good

New Iphone Xs, touch screen is glitchy and often doesnt feel smooth or accurate,.

Have contacted Apple for resolution, other than that the phone feels good, and improvement on camera.
Not bad

Purchased at telstra for $1,899.00.

Software

Great phone but with drawbacks

Changed from android to iPhone XS.
Performance and photo quality are excellent but lacks in terms of app download over 4g . I get 200 Gb but can’t use to download more than 100 mb app unless connected to wifi.
Also software update needs wifi whereas in android 4 g data can be utilised .
Overall a great phone but surely not worth $1800!

Purchased at Optus.

you need this

so good i needed a new phone so many people recommended this so i decided to buy i will never regret one thing after buying this i love this phone quality for photos it good

Purchased at Apple Online store for $2,369.00.

Big screen, amazing camera

I had an iPhone 5s before this phone and this one has 1000% a better camera! I love the ease of use, however the 3D Touch can be annoying sometimes. Great battery life

Purchased for $1,670.00.

iPhone XS

Great look. New features in camera are amazing. Functionality took a little getting used too but overall amazing phone. Great size and width. Light weight with amazing screen quality. Love it.

Purchased at Optus for $240.00.

Important need

I am very satisfied with photos which ensure high quality. I am really enjoying to take photos or videos. There is no doubt on the durability and brightness of the display. Most probably I use my mobile for email communications and browsing other than messaging and calling. I am also satisfied with all apps.

Date PurchasedJan 2019

Loved it

It is very lovely, not too big or not too small for my hand. there's no button, so takes a while to get used to the new gestures.
My faceID works fine most of the time, but there are twice I have to restart my phone to get it to work again.
The other thing is, some apps/web pages are not optimised for this full-screen size phone, so there are some times where I can't click the 'Back' button because it's overlapped with the phone carrier name.

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Very good phone, excellent camera

Excellent camera, takes brilliant photos. Portrait mode is a beauty. I almost use it for mostly all my internet needs. I Hardly use my laptop.
The True Tone display is best in its class.
I also use it for watching YouTube Netflix and other streaming services.
I only think it slightly on expensive side compared to other similar phones in the market.
But iPhones do have good reliability

Love my iphone!!

I really love my iphone xs, i had the 8 plus and although i liked the size it started to hurt my hand because it was so big.. but the xs screen is the same as the 8 plus.. actually bigger but phone size is smaller. I’m so happy with it and all the features, i quickly got used to not having the button too. Camera is great indoors and amazing outdoors, all my fave apps (fb, ig, ebay) run perfectly.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Seems like a downgrade from the iphone 6/7

I have had iphones since the beginning, I have had the 3, 5, 6s and now the X. This is the first new iphone "upgrade" whichI really feel has been a step backward, with the exception of the camera.

My issues:
- Face ID just takes too long, and doesn't work about 20% of the time, requiring full password. The fingerprint scanner on the 6s was almost instant and rarely failed. Face ID is a massive inconvenience and step backwards.
- That screen notch. Not only does the untidy look of the notch really bug me, it also has practical implications. No longer does the phone show handy icons at the top of the screen to show you quickly the battery %, if blutooth devices are detached, if it is on silent, if the alarm is on (etc). They're now all hidden in a pull down menu which also only works sometimes if you get the top-left pull down gesture just right.
-Changes to the multitasking gestures due to no longer having a button are cumbersome.
-Cost. Sorry apple, at the current cost this will be my last iphone. You've just priced yourself out of the market, and the fact this has been the worst ever selling iphone (oh thats right, we're not supposed to know that because you have stopped publishing your figures) shows you've become too greedy.

Positives:
-The camera is stunning.
-Very stylish look (except the notch) & high quality build.
-Display is beautiful.

All up, a my day to day use of phone from after changing from 6s has become more cumbersome, and at the current cost, this iphone will be my last.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

A step up from previous other iphones

I like the camera - the live feature is excellent. Able to edit the photos - awesome.
Speaker is really good, i don't need my blue tooth speaker anymore.
Able to see the time all the time, big thumbs up.
Being able to wake the phone up by just tapping on the screen is really excellent feature.
Took me a while to get used to swiping but all good now. Have to upgrade some apps to make them compatible with the full screen feature.
My phone is part of a package with a telco.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Does everything I need it too and more

Straight from the box it has a nice sleek look and feel. Screen looks amazing and is easily seen even in bright sunlight. Screen is nice and responsive even with a quality screen protector. Games and apps flawlessly. Cameras take very nice quality photos and videos. Only has 2x optical zoom which ok but distance photos may be an issue. Overall it’s a great device and perfect for my needs

awesome technology

very impressed with the professional and knowledgeable service at Telstra Whitfords.

was in and out of their very quickly signed up with a great plan for an iphone xs. this state of the art phone is a great tool for networking and conducting online earning. the face recognition technology is amazing and saves so much time for username/passwords.

Great phone but overpriced

I upgraded from the iPhone X 256GB to the XS 256GB, Having the 7+ prior to these two. It is hard to understand how Apple justify the price point other than the branding. The phone functions as it should, You can compare it easily to any device running iOS12. The XS has a fantastic camera, The primary difference from an X being the ability to post process portrait mode pictures down to F1.4, They are otherwise identical. I don't love FaceID compared to TouchID, I find I have to use the PIN to unlock far more often. The phone has the ability to rapid charge but this type of charger is not included in the box. Rapid charging is great but I feel for $2000~ it should be included, I can get almost 50% battery in 30 mins. I don't use the wireless charging function due to the convenience of fast charging. The XS also has a better waterproof rating than previous iPhones. As an overview its the same as any device running iOS 12 with an Exceptional camera, Sometimes buggy FaceID wireless/fast charging, better water proofing and a reasonable battery life. Signal quality feels like it is worse than the iPhone X, i'm often sitting at 1 bar of 4G in the Perth CBD. If you aren't tied to the Apple ecosystem I'd strongly recommend having a look at the Google Pixel phones. I'm not unhappy with my iPhone just disappointed at the price point vs the features. Especially when a $1000AUD Android device can go toe to toe.

Amazing quality camera

The camera alone was the reason we upgraded. And boy was it worth it! We are due with #2 in Feb and I wanted to have an easy accessible camera to take great quality pictures rather than lugging around our DSLR.
We are so satisfied with the quality.
The functionality is very similar to my last phone (6s) only the home button has been removed. It has taken a little while to get used to, but hasn’t been an issue.
The face recognition feature is extremely quick opposed to having to use the fingerprint recognition. Much quicker to authorise commands.
The battery life so far has been amazing leaving me with around 60% by the end of the day compared to 15-20%.