Apple iPhone XS 256GB

• Battery Life
  • Camera Quality
  • Hardware
  • Software

Good but still can improve

I love iPhones and the XS is not bad. It is surprisingly still a bit bulky and heavier than I would expect. The screen cracks still quite easily when dropped. I find the battery does not last long, could use improvement on that.

michellep

michellepSydney Surrounds, NSW

iPhone! Wins every time!

Everything about my phone, I love. EVERYTHING! It never fails me and Apple iPhones have always been my go-to. The camera has been an amazing blessing, with my new bubba... so thrilled with an awesome product, every single time. Thanks Apple!

Purchased in December 2018 at Apple Online store for A$1,199.00.

Buy Well

Buy WellNewcastle

I’ve miss you Steve Jobs

Purchased in October 2019 for A$1,600.00.

Nicole Lim

Nicole LimSydney, NSW

Was expecting it to be less bulky and heavy..

The camera quality has improved from the previous iPhone 7 that I was using but its night mode is still not great. The quality of the screen needs improvement as one drop is all it takes to leave cracks on the back. Battery life is significantly worse a year later so have your portable charger ready wherever you go. Apple needs to look at its price points to keep their product competitive.

Purchased in January 2019.

wolfgang25

wolfgang25South East Queensland, QLD

software issues

I send emails that i can not edit. so annoying. I will go to android now. Many other issues with this unstable software. No record of calls until a day or two later

Purchased in June 2019 at Vodfone for A$1,700.00.

Kris B.

Kris B.

The Ideal Combination of Technology and Style - Just a bit hard to get used to

The iPhone XS 256GB is an ideal choice if you're an iPhone user; with all of the elements and features that you know and love. The new feature of Face ID takes a little getting used to as does the complete lack of a control button. It's also worth noting that the control panel you used to have to swipe up for, you now have to swipe down for.

Purchased in August 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for A$1,200.00.

Heather Wong

Heather WongSydney, NSW

Great phone

This is a really good phone. I rely on the camera on my phone and this does the job really well. I am glad that I chose to upgrade my phone.

Purchased in October 2019.

Bright sight

Bright sightPerth, WA

Really great

It is a great product and the quality is the best. I am so happy with the camera and taking photos is just another level. Easy to work with and excellent for transferring from android to iOS.

Purchased in April 2019 at Apple Store Australia.

Shirley B.

Shirley B.North Queensland, QLD

Good most of the time

Hubby and I both have this phone. I have no issues with mine and have a lot more apps than he does and a lot more photos and videos on mine. The phone that hubby has freezes every few days which frustrates him no end.

Purchased in November 2018 at Telstra .

Eric

EricGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

This is perfect

Overall it is good , i am using this for 7 months , no mAin issue , great for day to day use taking photos etc I like it only thing is sometime connection is not as good as previous iPhone 8 etc

Dan Z.

Dan Z.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Very expensive phone, so far so good

Upgraded from iphone 6. The camera is Ok. But I guess the iphone 11 camera now is better. Apple cameras still have long way to go to compete with Huawai and some other brands. The battery is better than my iphone 6. I am a person who can't live without smartphones . Thus I choose iphone for the stability of system and easiness to use. But in this instance, I would recommend buying iphone 11 directly.

Purchased in July 2019 at Apple Store Australia for A$1,879.00.

joseph

josephSydney, NSW

Excellent features but could be better with Battery life

I recently upgraded from a iPhone 6s plus. It's camera is definitely a big upgrade compared to The older models. It is really great for taking photos. However the battery life gets drained towards the early evening after a days use. Would be better if it had a stronger battery.

Purchased in August 2019 for A$2,000.00.

Melissa S.

Melissa S.Perth, WA

Great phone

I am an avid phone user and i use my phone for everything (it has replaced my laptop).
this phone has kept up with my usage and i'll definitely upgrade when can!

Purchased in September 2017.

David Brewer

David BrewerMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

one of the best iPhones

this is one of the best iPhones as i paid for the phone but i have never looked back . if your looking for a iPhone you dont need to go any where

Purchased in June 2019.

Excellent phone

I recently upgraded to an iPhone XS
I found it to be much better then the previous iPhones I had before , fast , good software and even the camera is much better then the previous ones .
Happy to have an iPhone XS.

Purchased in July 2018 at Job hifi Bankstown for A$2,550.00.

Enjenn

EnjennVictoria

If you love iPhones then this is the perfect time to upgrade.

I have always used the iPhone camera and I find it to be absolutely amazing.
What I love about this iPhone is that it's thinner and it feels amazing to hold.
I use my iPhone for emails, phone calls ,messages and social media. It's like having a laptop in your hand .
Updates are quick and apps rub smoothly.

Purchased in December 2018.

Beverley B.

Beverley B.

I love my iPhone !

I love my iPhone - always have. I have upgraded from 5 to 6 to 7+ to my new xs.
It has taken a bit to get used to with no home button but at least the home button doesn’t wear out.
I’m still playing with all the functions but I like the fact I have a bigger screen but a smaller phone.

Ross L.

Ross L.

iPhone XS

The iPhone XS 256 Gb the really good for podcasts texting games comfortable perfect fit in pocket the camera is the best I’ve used and Apple TV if ever needed

Purchased in December 2018.

Xin Hui

Xin HuiGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Everything is good, except for occasional lagging issues

The camera quality has proven to be good! Love the portrait mode of the camera function - easily create the bokeh / dslr effect. The cool thing is that you can edit the aperture for each photo after you have taken the photo too!

Night mode for photos are okay - as in the photos are not unclear, the details can be seen (but not in details).

I was considering whether to purchase Xr or Xs but because of the display - I chose Xs! No regrets, totally loving the clarity of Xs’ display!

There is some lagging on the phone that comes randomly. There is no way to solve this other than waiting for the lagging to end or restarting.

Purchased in October 2018 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for A$2,000.00.

Clint

ClintSydney, NSW

Cool new phone

I updated from a 6. The xs is much bigger and heavier than my old 6 and is missing the screen home button. Other than that the only differences are face recognition and wireless charging which I have found don’t always work correctly. There is a dual camera which delivers great snaps. Overall the phone is a quality piece. Definitely recommend

Purchased in May 2019 at Vodafone for A$2,000.00.