Apple iPhone XS Max 256GB

Apple iPhone XS Max 256GB

MPN: MT552X/A

A good Phone but very Expensive

I would say it is a good phone with a very good camera. I love the photos I take from this phone but when compared with new Samsung phone, it seems to me that it is very expensive and also they have not added a lot of new features in it as compared to the old ones

Purchased in November 2018 for $2,049.00.

Best. Phone. Ever.

This phone is amazing and I can’t imagine improving on it in any significant way. The battery life is fantastic and the download speeds are incredible. On top of that the phone is very well built and as long as you have a decent phone case you can’t break it with normal use. I have been using this phone as a personal hotspot and it has outperformed some wifi networks I have used so I’m really happy with it.

Purchased in May 2019 for $2,199.00.

Software

Great looking but fragile as glass

The XS takes great photos and has a terrific screen but don’t believe for a second that it is waster resistant or able to take any day to day knocks. It is as practical as glass and twice as fragile. And Apple will never fix anything under warranty despite the eye watering price. Cars are far more complex and come with 7 year warranties...Apple: All care, no responsibility. Avoid.

Purchased in September 2018 at Telstra.

Software

Love this phone. Amazing quality overall

Ease of use and range of apps is perfect
Screen is amazing and the phone just feels luxurious in your hands. Camera quality is amazing and printing from phone is so easy. I tend to upgrade phones yearly but unless something amazing comes along I’ll be sticking with this one for a long time

Purchased in October 2018 at Optus.

This is perfect

The camera quality is good,display is ok. But sometimes app will be slow,and after half a year the battery is not very good,I love the big screen,easy for eyes. like it

Purchased in November 2018 at optus for $2,089.00.

Software

User friendly does what it needs

Build quality 10/10.
Os 9/10 only a 9 as coming from android few functions missing.
Screen size is perfect any bigger would be too big.
Battery life is excellent one of the big things that was beyond my Samsung

Purchased in January 2019 for $99.00.

Better phone so far

Much better then previous models. A bit over priced thou. Needs better features. Something that makes it worth $2000. But overall much prefer iPhones too Samsung. Because it’s more like a mini computer then a phone.

Purchased in November 2018 at JB Hi-Fi for $2,060.00.

Software

Costly phone- buyers beware!!

Extremely unsatisfied with the iPhone XS Max. It’s the worst phone I’ve ever had. They are extremely fragile. I haven’t had a broken screen for years. After a couple of months of having the new iPhone (in a cover with screen protectors front & back) I reached for my phone out of my handbag & the front screen was cracked! Called apple to book a repair & was quoted $518 to fix the front screen ONLY!! That is an absolute disgrace. It would not cost apple nowhere near 20% of the price to manufacture the part. I will definitely be switching to Samsung after this phone. I’ve had apple phones for 10+ years- No loyalty to long term customers. Buyers beware!!!

Purchased in November 2018 at Optus for $1,800.00.

Software

Finally a apple phone with great camera quality

When I was buying this phone I thought I was making a mistake since I was always fond of small handy phones, But this phone proved me wrong. I am in love with the big screen and camera quality, The camera literally takes HD images and I hardly even carry my Professional camera anymore. It is very smooth and I don't think I could ever replace it for any other phones.

Awesome phone - great camera

Had to upgrade from my iphone 7 plus as the battery life was shot. Camera quality is great and I love the face recognition feature. My son almost loves the animoji feature as well. Always love my iphone so hopefully the battery life wins out for this one compared to my last one.

iPhone. To the Max

I’ve written previously about the iPhone 8 Plus and how fond I was of it. Now move aside iPhone 8 it’s time to take iPhone...to the Max.

If you’ve owned a plus sized phone in the past then you’ll adjust to the XS Max just fine. If you’re moving up from the standard size, aluminium casing phones for the first time, it is a lot bigger and heavier than you may expect so I’d recommend seeing one in person before you part ways with around $2K. Reasons for its extra weight is the glass back for wireless charging, and stainless steel frame.

As was the case with the iPhone X in 2017 the XS series design is very easy on the eyes. The full screen, minimal bezel design is a pleasure to view each day. The notch really isn’t that big a deal for me. It blends in, and let’s be real the status bar is all dead space anyway. The OLED display is superb. Colours are bold, bright and deep. Blacks are dark and inky. I only wish it was brighter though. The display is adequately bright but if you use any device outdoors you’ll find that screen brightness is essential to seeing a great pictures. As OLED technology continues to improve I’m sure this will change.

This is my first device with Face ID and I’m very impressed. It works everytime. I have one pair of sunnies that the infrared scanner can’t penetrate and Apple did warn us about this, so I have to remove those glasses to unlock the phone with Face ID, however my other sunglasses and corrective eyewear are fine. It continues to adapt and learn my face in different conditions and angles. I don’t find it awkward to use; you don’t need to hold your arm out as if you’re taking a selfie for it to work and it recognises me laying down in bed with the phone vertical on my chest.

The camera. Where do I even start. Every year Apple claims to make better and better cameras. They’re not wrong. Using this device over the summer holidays I’ve snapped some amazing shots with portrait mode which continues to improve. Videos are silky smooth at 1080 or even 4K 60fps. The front facing camera is blow away too with portrait mode as well.

iOS is always adapting. It has come along way and there is a way to go yet. I love it’s simplicity and ease of use. As with all Apples products they just work.

I really don’t have anything bad to say about the phone. Except the price. If this is the new trend with iPhones then I won’t be reviewing another phone for a while. Not until my arm and leg grow back so I can sell it to Apple again.

Its a great phone

I love this phone, the superior version out of the XS and XR, the screen is much better quality compared to XR and I very noticeable in dark situations and with black. Sound is excellent and iOS is always a winner. I have owned iPhones for 2 years now and have never had a problem with speed, these will last you and have great re-sell value.

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Good phone and great quality camera.

The only problem I encountered with this phone was with internet, on my old phone I could always get service (wifi and 4G). Same sims, same phone company just a different phone. Apparently a lot of people have experienced this but the problem seems to have resolved itself. Sometimes it does it, just not as often as before.

Refreshing

Yes so refreshing to have a phone that operates as smoothly as this one. Face recognition is fantastic. Camera so much better than previous models. Buy yourself a screen cover and a good case and this phone will last you for five years plus. Spreading the initial cost over this time makes it affordable.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Amazing

Everything runs so so so smoothly, much better than the 5 or 6. I never owned a 7 but it is so amazing. Easy to unlock and pay for things. Remembers password and auto fills my details on certain things. Need a case and screen protector as it breaks easy (I broke mine within 3 days).

The camera and Face ID make it a worthwhile upgrade

I upgraded from a 6S plus after seeing the quality of the camera from a relative. Honestly, it’s the camera alone that sold me! Throw away your DSLR and invest in this phone. The quality of photos and images blows me away and the level of detail in the photos is just mind blowing! The battery life is great, and I can get hours of usage without even dropping below half battery!

The Face ID is a neat function, and although not a selling point for me is definitely something I really love... especially when my finger is wet or damp!

If you’re considering an upgrade then I’d recommend this phone!

Date PurchasedNov 2018