Apple iPod Touch (6th Generation)

Apple iPod Touch (6th Generation)

MPNs: 35958225, MKGX2ZPA and MKHX2ZP/A

JoannaSydney, NSW

Perfect for child not quite ready for Phone

Bought this for my 7 year old who desperately wanted a Phone. Not quite at the age yet, we bought him the IPod. Does everything a phone does except make calls.

Reece

Reece

Amazing product!!

Brilliant device simple to use and just all out amazing. Lots of storage to download what you love! You can download anything on there and i could see only one flaw about it. That flaw is the screen size it is pretty small.

jpcnttiVictoria, 3770

It use to be fantastic

GOOD PRODUCT

I like the size of the screen, I like the colour of the case, I have had an apple product for years now and I would never change, Thank you

Awesome Device!!!!!

LooeeStokers Siding

iPod touch

Liam D

Liam DAU

Kinda pointless

The iPod touch seems like a pointless device in 2018- especially considering you can get the iPhone SE (which can make phone calls and connect to cellular networks) for a bit more. I would pitch the iPod touch 6th generation as a very portable alternative to the iPad mini (if that's what you're into). One negative however is this model hasn't been updated in quite a few years. It still has the A8 processor from 2014 and just 1GB of RAM- which is severely outdated in 2018.

Overall, I'd say spend a bit more and just get an iPhone (or an iPad if you want something for consuming media or playing games).

skippy

skippyBrisbane

The best portable music player

It’s very small and very portable.
I use it a lot for jogging and writing small notes.
The music played with my headphones is very high quality.
It’s great having it connect to the speakers too via Apple TV.
I have a iPad mini too, but for the price, it is worth it for me to have an iPod touch as well.
I have a 64gb IPod touch so I can store a lot of things on it.
Battery lasts ok.

Kaye t

Kaye tTasmaina

My 7 year old love this

The ipod is great light slim fast to down load apple is great with all there products I love the amount of memory it has also it helps to have find my iPod on it in case it's lost or stolen i would rate this 10/10

peterw

peterwmelton

great product

Ended up buying two Apple Ipod touch 32GB from JB HiFi for $298 each , one in blue , one in grey , great units , easy to use , the kids love them, would recommend to others , everything you need , great product

Noor

Noor

Can't live without it

I love it. Easy functionality, I use it for reading books , listen to podcast , YouTube, email, web searching, music. The best thing is it's speed and light, but it is not a phone so I don't get distracted with
Social calls.☺️

PierreAdelaide Sa

A good improvement

Coming from Ipod touch 3rd generation, this looks like a vast improvement. It is a very good product but the battery is mediocre, in fact it doesn't need long before it goes flat. If you think to go around all day with music in your ears, using applications or maps think again.

Works great.

Bought the A1574 16GB so we could use it as the source of music for a beach wedding.
Works great with outdoor sound system; spotify app successfully played bought itunes music.
Couldn't be happier with the product.

Note: Only use correct amperage when charging the device, as I used one that caused the device to die for a bit... it came back ok though.

Michelle

Michelleasked

Hi, I have a new IPOD 6th generation bought this week. I charged it and it said it was 100%. I took it off the charger and after going into a couple of apps then it went to red. Has done this a number of times. I have had a few apple phones and normally they have charge when you purchase them. This IPOD was flat when I got it!!!!
What can you tell me as I don't think this is proper, thanks Michelle

jpcntti

Hi Michelle, unfortunately this is the biggest issue with this iPod 6, the battery is weak and doesn’t hold the charge. If you just bought it I would go to the Apple store and get it checked or exchanged. You will draw the battery flat by just watching a movie on Netflix.
I still have my iPod first gen and the battery hold better than this one. Good luck
Julien

Hi there,

It must be faulty. I recommend you take it to Apple to get it looked at or replaced.
I never had that issue with mine. My battery lasts a long time always.

Levi

Leviasked

Can you get the casing replaced if it’s damaged?

Looee

If you are in warranty, not sure if that is 6 months or 1 year.

curious

curiousasked

can you use it through Sonos at home as well as use it out with bluetooth speakers?

Can you listen to apps like ABC listen or do you have to pod cast these first for going out walking?

Pierre

The iPod 6 connects easily to Bluetooth speakers, I do it regularly. For listening to applications like the one you mention or Spotify you need to be connected to a wireless internet connection. So yes, if you are not connected you need to download the podcast on the internal drive. I hope it was clear

Get an answer from our members and Apple representatives