Apple Physical store

Apple Physical store (page 2 of 3)

Excellent after service. Extremely happy with Apple

Since I’ve owned Apple products which goes back to the first iPhone my experiences with warranty service has been phenomenal. 3/4 were out of warranty and Apple fixed it completely free. Very helpful and patient staff.

Warranty Claim MadeYes

DIY Apple - Worst customer service ever

I was informed by Apple in late-2018 that the customised MacBook Pro I bought mid-2018 had a manufacturer's fault that needed to be fixed. So I booked a Genius Bar at Bondi Junction, NSW Australia in for them to fix it.
The guy there set me up, told me it'd take about 30 min & to come find him when it was done & walked off. He didn't once come back to check, I had to go & find him & he was slow to come back. Then I find out there's another 30+ minutes, this time he tells me to ask "anyone" what to do next. When I do ask the girl next to me she's abrupt & walks off to find someone, who doesn't come for quite a while. I'm seriously annoyed by this point, and ask the Store manager's name & whereabouts. She tells me it's [name removed] & she spoke with him & he's sorting it. Well [name removed] not sorting it!! because he's delivering Apple Customers a very poor calibre of staff who have atrocious customer service skills
This is a long and very boring story I'll spare you the rest, but the facts are this...Apple did not provide "customer service" at all for a manufacturer's fault. I'm unhappy about that and also that I had to spend time & money to have their manufacturer's fault fixed.
I'm unhappy that Apple did not inform me, their customer, either in writing or at the store how long the process would take, instore AND the 8+ HOURS to re-install at home. I am very unhappy with Apple Bondi Junction staff and their very poor customer service, especially compared to the Chatswood or King St stores, both of which I've had excellent dealings with over the years.
The Bondi Junction store really isn't up to the calibre we Customers expect from Apple, they give Apple a BAD NAME, Apple Bondi Junction's a Bad Apple, and you remember what the old proverb says about "One Bad Apple...." Now ain't that the truth!!!

Very Impressed!

I went into the store due to my phone not allowing me to hear when I received or made phone calls. I spoke to an Andrew who was lovely and really helpful. Unfortunately due to the nature of my issue it was no easy fix so he issued me a new iPhone 7 for free! My warranty which was 2 months out also was restarted from that day for a whole 1 year! I was not expecting that outcome, I thought I was going to be up for a few hundred dollars in repairs! Very happy and very impressed!!

Worst customer service

I was waiting for 40 minutes to get technician to show faulty I phone .
But they never booked me in somehow . After 40 minutes waiting , I asked that how long need to wait more . And they found they never checked me in ! I went home with faulty phone . Worst customer service in the world !! When they make mistakes they never admit anything instead they blaming each other !! Never respect customer!

Product PurchasedApple iPhone 6 32GB

Vintage MacBook Pro

Having used DOS/Windows based notebooks ever since there were notebooks I didn’t treat my next notebook purchase lightly. The year was 2013 and I decided to buy the last iteration of the MacBook 17. A refurbished one I might add. It's the screen size that is so compelling with this machine.

Fast forward to November 2016. My MacBook started to display some concerning green bands on the display and was stuck in a reboot loop. Onto the Apple website, support etc and within minutes I’d secured myself a Genius Bar appointment.

The following Thursday saw my MacBook being diagnosed and it was determined that it was the system board. Well, the graphics card most notably. However, if the graphics card has to go then it entails a complete system board replacement. The Apple consultant asked me to wait while he consulted his manager. This being after he’d determined the issue by way of an error code on the screen.

While the consultant was out checking with his manager I googled the error code only to learn that the issue was a known / documented one. The Apple consultant returned to confirm same. Not only that but that the system board ($927 AUD) would be replaced free of charge.

Fast forward to January 2019, the system board has died again. Average life span then, say 2.5 years. (I have an Acer notebook from 2006 that still functions as the manufacturer intended) Upon contacting Apple today I was told that my MacBook Pro 17 is now regarded as a "Vintage" device and so therefor parts are no longer available. No empathy offered when acknowledging that the system boards have been suspect right from the start. Also no recognition of the fact that I own an iMac, MacBook 12, 2 x Mac Minis and a MabBook Pro 15. (Plus a handful of iOs devices)

Conclusion: I've simply been referred to an "Authorised Apple Repairer". With that the call was curtailed.

Not happy Tim.

Apple puts the customer last

Went to Apple Store at Chatswood today, with the aim to purchase a MacBook Air and iPhone 8+. I did my research prior and compared prices online. I asked if they matched prices which they said they did. The Apple shop assistant said that the advertised price for the iPhone 8+ I saw online was for a limited edition at another store and could not match the price. She also said the advertised special price for the MacBook Air could not be matched because it was not in stock (however when I checked online it was in stock in another store for the special price). In the end, I purchased both items for a cheaper price at a competitors store not the Apple Store even though my first preference was to buy at the Apple Store and that's where I went first. Very poor business practice from Apple, they could have had 2 high-value sales. They don't seem to care.
Previously I have had very poor experience with the Hornsby store trying to get a replacement for a lemon MacBook which needed repairs 6 times.

Apple has drop so much the customer service, absolutely terrible

went into Apple perth store as my new watch got the screen broken, drop of 30cm from the floor. Charged $449,it seem Apple is making business by salling fragile productos.

Terrible customer service

Went into Apple Highpoint store yesterday to repair an Iphone cracked screen. Was advised the screen repair is $495, I was shocked!! How does Apple get away with charging customers that much. I had a screen repair 4 years ago and paid $145 at Apple. What's caused the price rise??? The technician advised they do not have the part and to return in a week. I drove 1hr each way! I explained the inconvenience this has caused and he just laughed. What a disgrace this is how they treat long term loyal customers.

AppleCare - what a Rort

Refurbished replacement phone with its own set of problems for my faulty handset - what a joke!

AppleCare should be avoided like the plague.

Very poor experience Apple, you’d be bananas to apply it!

Warranty Claim MadeYes
Product PurchasedApple iPhone 8 Plus 256GB

EXCELLENT EXPERIENCE

I am always a big fan of Apple products. And the customer service is amazing, staff are really friendly and energetic!

Excellent service

Excellent service as always @ store, bit of waiting but it was worth, spot on with the issue and provide best solution.

Frustrating day, but Apple came through

Posting this in case anyone else has a similar problem. I updated to iOS 12.1.1 on my iPad Air 2. It caused massive issues with the display, making many images impossible to correctly see. The user interface was less crisp and images and videos were useless to view as they were blurred with greens and reds making them look like abstract art. Very concerning after simply downloading an update. After over 2 hours on the phone with Apple (a lovely support person, albeit no fix) I had to go to their store. Following further checks at the store, they replaced the iPad free of charge. A frustrating day, but at least Apple made good on the problem.

New batteries for IPhone

I bought new batteries for my iPhone 6x. Shortly after batteries would go flat within few hours.. I went back three times in attempt to have batteries replaced, no way. After two most terrible and unhelpful services at Chadstone shop third person “helped” lot. She basically switched off half of my applications advising me to keep batteries on charger as soon as fall below 80 and that was it.
Now batteries are going from being fully charged to 20 overnight without phone being used.
Trained to sell garbage, Trained not to help!
Never have I expected worst customer service anywhere. I am tempted to send a letter yes letter to Apple head office.

Rude and sarcastic store member at Fountain Gate

I have been spoken to as though I am a stupid pain in the behind on the phone by Sarah at Fountain Gate Narre Warren Store. I was only wanting an approximate cost for a replacement screen on an iPhone 6. I also had to make 3 phone calls because Sarah told me I could only book the repair via the national phone number who then told me I can, If I wish, take the phone in to them in person and wait. They also told me an approximate cost for the repair and told me to call the store back for the actual cost of that. After all the comments this Sarah made to me, I still was not told either a firm or approximate cost. I think I'll just put up with the cracked screen. This person really should not have the job - one of the worst cases of bad behaviour from a shop that I've ever struck.

Useless tech support

I used to be an apple lover when they were innovating. Now it's clearly a dying brand and it's clearly reflected by the utterly useless tech support they provide.

By any chance if you forgot the "apple id", tech support can't do anything. They do the same thing as any minor with a computer can do just asking what are the possible email ids and trying them on their "appleid" website.

As recognized (hyped) as a premium brand I would expect a more comprehensive assistance from the tech support. they just waste time and say "my apologies" at the end.

Apple hype is long gone. innovation is dead with Steve Jobs. I extremely love and respect the founder and his philosophy of providing a high quality product and 'service'. Unfortunately both those are dead with Steve. More and more people are now understanding that reflected by the shortening length of launch day line of people in front of apple store.

STAY AWAY FROM ANYTHING APPLE. if you get it, you are a guaranteed prisoner of it forever.
There are much better options out there now. do your research.

Bad service but worth to spend this much money on their products

I've been using Apple for so long for my iphones, ipads and imac. The more they release the new models of those products the higher they charge however their service getting worse, not worth the price we have to paid for their products, plus so many hidden extra costs. Never again, bye Apple

Hugely dissatisfied with Apple Store

Less than two months after purchasing an Apple Pencil, it started getting dented and cracked from where you hold the Pencil and stopped working, but instead of replacing it, Apple store manager said it was not covered by warranty and I have to pay in full and buy a new one!

Technician that cannot solve simple iPhone problems

My iPhone 6 was dead, took it to Highpoint store, it wasn't the battery issue, but the phone itself, because it's out off warranty, therefore to get it fix it will cost $650 or replacement will be $500. So I've him to download my contact list on his laptop as he was checking to see what was wrong with the phone. He had clearly adviced me he is unable to do that, and also said 'I am afraid you have stored on your sim card not on the phone, so i cannot do anything for you'. Wow iPhone is so expensive and yet you cannot work out to get my contact list from the sim card, assisting me with the simply issue? But he'd suggested to buy a new and update iPhone thought lol

Apple Rundle Place Adelaide -The Worst Apple Service

I bought a new MackBook Pro online (Mac OS High Seirra Version 10.123.6) on 31st Jan 2018 and received it on 6th Feb, cost more than AUD$4000.

I have got three laptops and one desktop. One of the laptops (HP 360 touch screen) is the main one I use from my work place, a school in Adelaide. I have used this HP laptop most time at work as it is connected to school network with school program. I use the desktop at home most time in the last three years at home as the screen is much bigger.

The other two of the laptops are MacBook Pro. I bought my first MacBook Pro 7 years ago. It is still in good condition except two keys were worn after 7 years. It has no any damage or discolouration problem; but it is quite heavy and old now. I had to purchase the second MacBook Pro in Feb 2018 as I believed the quality of the MacBook Pro was the best I had ever had and also MacBook Pro has got Mac Pinyin, an input method specially for MacBook Pro.

About one month after I bought the new MacBook Pro (March 2018), my ICT colleague suggested me to contact Apple Support as both keyboard and Touch Pad started getting discoloured and the effected key letters became fuzzy. I was going on overseas trips and could not go to the local Apple Rundle Place until late March 2018. The Apple technician, at the Apple Rundle Place in Adelaide South Australia (5000), told me that it was caused by my hand cream without any investigation after we chatted a few minutes. That was the most ridiculous excuse I was told. A laptop keyboard was getting fuzzy in one month time, as an Apple Staff, this guy blamed on my hand cream without any investigation. I clearly told the guy that I would not accept this reason as my finger tips do not use any hand cream; and also I told him that I have got two MacBook Pro, the previous one has been used 7 years; and my work laptop has been used two years, but nothing ever happened like this. The guy insisted at the end my hand cream caused this problem as he "could not think about any reason for this". He then said that he would replace 11 affected keys for me, so did he. But he still wrote down the problem reason was "hand cream". What ridiculous work ethic!!! As an Apple Staff, he did not think of reporting this to Apple to do further investigation on the keyboard quality to make sure that Mac has the best qualified keyboard in the future! The only report he wrote was just a "hand cream".

However, the new MacBook Pro laptop keyboard keeps getting fuzzy. Touch pad has been discoloured too from the very beginning. From March 2018, I contacted Apple Support a few times; support staff online was very nice and tried to set a few appointments for me to see the technician in the local Apple Rundle Place in May and July 2018. I did not really use this laptop for about half year since July as all documents were moved to my work laptop and desktop for replacing keys. However, I could not come to see the technician in the local Apple Rundle Place until 18th Jan 2019. The appointment was made by Apple Online support.

It was the worst and shortest appointment that I have ever had with an Apple staff on 18th Jan 2019 at the local Apple Rundle Place Adelaide . A young lady (called Jess?) did not exam my laptop at all; she directly told me that the warranty did not include any key replacement as soon as she saw me after 40mins waiting time.The lady also said "it was an exception" and she "was happy to replace no more than 4 or 5 affected keys for me out of her kindness. I was very shocked at what she said. I came to meet Apple technician as suggested by the Online Support Staff to see what's wrong with this keyboard as it has been like this all the time. The lady was not willing to offer any exam or help except telling me that what she would do was out of her kindness. As a customer, is it something I was looking for?

I then requested to see her manage. She walked to a guy for a while and then the guy came to me. He used the coldest tones and mood to tell me off again by saying, "I am the manager here, I am here just to tell you that what Jessica(?) told you was correct....". This guy even did not let me talk at all. I told the guy that I had to talk back to the Online Support about this. The guy was getting even rude and said "they cannot change our decision as..." That was the shortest and rudest conversation. The manager just came to tell me off rather than offering any help. That was all... According to the young lady that the guy (manager) was Mathew (?).

I was deeply shocked by this guy's attitude: NICE AND COLD? It was bare discrimination, racial discrimination. IS it Apple spirit?

...And the young lady wrote an report to say " Cosmetic condition: cosmetic wear to keyboard (specific keys affected include A, D, K..."

IN THE NAME OF THE GOD, I have never used any cosmetic wear to my finger tips! What an Apple Rundle Place! What an Apple Staff!

Don’t bother with Apple supplied screen protectors!

Apple supplied and applied screen protector for 8S phone are poor quality, multiple cracks with 1st few weeks despite not being dropped. If you go to the store to let them know, they don’t care. I’ve never had this problem with all previous screen protectors on all previous phones!