Physical store, Online store

• Warranty Claim MadeYes (2) · No (8)

Very disappointed

I bought a new iPad Mini 2 and I am still waiting for it after 5 weeks! Very poor service, Apple really needs to step up its customer service. Very disappointing! Please step up your game!

EKW

EKWMid North Coast, NSW

Scammers!

I purchased one games package online, and received one games package. I got billed for two purchases yet apparently I was not eligible for a refund.

Warranty Claim MadeNo

Severely autistic toddler unknowingly bought game.

My severely autistic toddler, grandson, was playing on the wrong iPad. He loves to click everything from light switches to google searches. He didn’t realise that he bought an online game for $159.99. My iPad was out of its case and he thought it was his. After online attempts and a phone call explaining the innocent mistake, Apple refused to put it right and reimburse me. I couldn’t believe that they would treat a loyal customer, of many years, in such a heartless fashion.
Update: a week after contacting The department of Fair Trading, Apple issued a full refund. I’m pleased with the outcome and am happy that Apple came good..

Warranty Claim MadeNo
Product PurchasedAccidental purchase by an autistic toddler
Electronics & Computing Shops

Find out how Apple Store Australia compares to other Electronics & Computing Shops

2019 MacBook very disappointing.

Have been using Apple MacBooks and software for over ten years and always been happy. The current model is a flimsy, unreliable and inadequate. Will be moving away from Apple.

Store LocationSA
Warranty Claim MadeYes
Product PurchasedApple Macbook Pro 13" 2020
Kira

KiraGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Even more expensive for even less!

I have recently purchased the very expensive new iPad Pro 12.9 inch as I require it for my work in using this device for one hour I have discovered they provide nothing with it except a charger no USB cable I cannot connect to my computer without spending more money as they’ve changed the port again! The Apple Pencil 2 that is required for this iPad as you cannot use the 1st gen you do not get extra tips as provided with the first gen and it’s over 100$ more overall I am very disappointed Apple products have become more and more expensive with almost no real worth in return and seems designed to simply get you to spend more money and for a billion dollar company this is disgusting and I’m over it.

Warranty Claim MadeNo
Product PurchasedApple iPad Pro 12.9-inch Wi-Fi + Cellular, 256GB (3rd Generation)
Jason Levey

Jason LeveyHunter Region, NSW

Hardware issue outside of warranty- sent to store for a fix which was to be told buy a full price new IPhone.

Product PurchasedApple iPhone 8 Plus 64GB
Geoffrey G.

Geoffrey G.Sydney, NSW

Very slow service due to poor equipment.

Today at the Sydney Broadway shop I traded in an I Phone 7 for an 11. Deal went well, then I tried to fix my watch 2. It cannot be updated, only 2 years old. Crazy
I decided to trade it in for a new watch. It took 2 hours to work out how to cancel the old watch. I had to renter my information and sign five times.

Once resolved,then the shop had to use 3 devices to make the payment. My poor dog was waiting.
The service provider was helpful. I asked for some water as we were there 4 hours in a heat wave, Apple does not have water, crazy.
I complained to the Broadway store manager, he just looked at me, no comment.
Poor service from Apple.
I do like my new phone and watch.
Geoff Gray
Gray.Geoffrey8@gmail.com

Store LocationBroadway, sydney
Warranty Claim MadeNo
Product PurchasedApple Watch (1st Generation)
Ken Mclachlan

Ken MclachlanGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Apple genius not so genius

Went to apple
In Highpoint with Apple Watch Nike
The glass had Smashed /come away for watch and not from being dropped
Clearly broken . Process send watch away for Repairs which apple watches can’t be repaired I am told do I want to pay for replacement which is just the watch no new band or charger and pay more than what you can buy it for off shelve in jb Hifi for without the 10 day wait
WHAT The
Apple genius I think not

Store LocationApple Highpoint
Warranty Claim MadeYes
Product PurchasedApple Watch Series 4
Linda and Brent

Linda and BrentSydney, NSW

No exchange new watch strap unopened

Apple staff could NOT exchange a brand new unopened watch strap bought in the USA - I just wanted a different colour than the gift that I was given ! Very inflexible

Store LocationChatswood
Product PurchasedApple Watch strap

Damo.

Damo.Sydney

Not a good experience.

Warranty Claim MadeNo
Product PurchasediMac & accessories.
evants

evantsGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Poor customer service

When I scheduled my time to go and visit apple store for device damage assessment, Tech genius who attended me was disrespectful by not listening to my need. I need a letter from apple for my insurances claim but the Tech genius wording was so poor and refused to listened to my advise.
She wanted to say the damage in the product is minor. To me, regardless it is minor or not, she shouldn’t say “only cosmetic and not effecting the functionality”. I was so upset with the word “only”. To her it is only cosmetic, but to me it is not and I’m annoyed by the cosmetic damage on the screen. Even though at the end she took the word “only” out, but the treatment i had was very disrespectful. I’m very disappointed with apple tech genius named Steph.

Store LocationApple store chadstone
NidNoi

NidNoiGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Vintage MacBook Pro

Don’t bother with Apple supplied screen protectors!

Apple supplied and applied screen protector for 8S phone are poor quality, multiple cracks with 1st few weeks despite not being dropped. If you go to the store to let them know, they don’t care. I’ve never had this problem with all previous screen protectors on all previous phones!

mutz

mutzMel

wanted exchange

I walked into the Apple store in Doncaster Victoria, all I wanted to do is to exchange my apple head phones. The sales assistant in the front said that I have to wait in line, so I did then the sales assistent took my phone number and other details and said when I receive a text message I need to go to another person, I waited for the text message and went to the person she said to go to, he entered more details and said to wait were that tables were and another sales assistant will assist me, why can't Apple stores mainstream your process, I find it very unprofessional going into a store and seeing 3 persons before you receive assistant, this is bad for business and this experience has detered me to enter an Apple store again.

Lesley D

Lesley DBrisbane

Battery replacement

One would expect if you make an appointment, your matter will be attended to there & then. Not such the case with Apple, Brisbane City. I even phoned first. Cannot believe for a simple battery replacement I would have to make 3 visits !! There seems to be a lot of staff waltzing around supposedly doing something important & a lack of Technicians fixing things. Thumbs down Apple.

Nicoletta

NicolettaSouth Perth

Why no “pay here” station?

Popped into Apple store at Garden City WA to buy a set of EarPods and a mouse. Grabbed both items off the shelf then gazed around looking for where to pay......no sign anywhere of a place to pay, so I asked a young man who said “if you go and stand next to the speaker table I’ll get someone to help you” Stood there waiting waiting longer then 5 minutes - nobody came near me, so I found the young man, handed him the two items I was wanting to pay for and walked out with my $150 !! Headed to one of the telco stores in the centre, took all of 1.5 minutes and I was on my way - why no payment counter Apple?????? Terrible customer experience!!

Roses66

Roses66South East Queensland, QLD

Condescending & Unhelpful

I called Apple Support for the third time in two years about the dodgy battery in my iPhone 7 and once again they were completely unhelpful and still refusing to take responsibility for their faulty product. I was actually put through to a supervisor this time who proved to be condescending & argumentative. I told her I had already been into Apple store at Chermside in Qld twice and both times they told me the battery was fine, it must be the way I am using the phone which is a load of rubbish because my iPhone 6 would last 2 to 3 days before it needed recharging and I used it EXACTLY the same as the iPhone 7 which needs charging every single day, sometimes twice! I am very disappointed with their lack of professionalism.

JMF09

JMF09Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Not So Great

For such an expensive phone & to queue up is a terrible service, Where is there such a service else where? Suggest more stores to give a better service.
Very disappointed with Apple!

Nik

Nik

I’ve been put off Apple thanks to the non communication and lack of knowledge

PB3000

PB3000melbourne

Not happy with the service(Chadstone store)