Apple TV 4th Generation (2015)

Apple TV 4th Generation (2015)

MPNs: KHATV432GB, KHATV464GB, MGY52XA and 3 more

Dan S

Dan SMurray Region, NSW

Get rid of your old 3rd Generation Apple TVs now!

I have just sold two of our old 3rd gen Apple TVs and upgraded to the Generation 4 models, and couldn't be happier. The vast selection of Apps is impressive. I am especially happy to see Plex there too so I can watch my own movie collection rather than what is added to iTunes.
I don't have difficulty with the new remote, but the simplicity of the previous design with the brushed aluminium is missed.
Buying this version now from Apple will also give you 12 months free of Apple TV+ when it launches in November, so get rid of your obsolescent Gen 3 Apple TVs while the second hand demand is still there! I bought an Apple refurbished one and saved $40

Purchased in September 2019 at Apple Online store for $179.00.

Samuel P.

Samuel P.South East Queensland, QLD

Excellent product, but remote too small!

Transformed our TV into entertainment central. We barely watch free to air TV now. Heaps of apps, easy to use, easy installation and so on make this a great purchase.

Purchased in March 2016 for $395.00.

jimmbo

jimmboGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

This is a good product

Very good product, mirror my iPhone to tv, can watch movie, photos, YouTube, gaming, I am very satisfied with the Apple TV, but it is not 4K, the 5 th gen is 4k

Purchased in March 2016.

Kristie

KristieNorth Queensland, QLD

Great for families.

Got this and love it. Easy to use the kids know how to operate it. We listen to vevo and I love I don’t have DVD laying around now. All on my iTunes account.

Purchased in December 2016.

Paul

PaulSydney

Love Apple TV

I love my Apple TV Never had any major issues Works perfect would recommend to anyone and everyone Easliy controlled with remote and works well if you have other Apple devices as well like iPad or iPhone It’s just a great lil device can’t live without it for sure. -)

yeohkt

yeohktMelbourne

Great product if you do not have a smart tv

got it in 2015 . just sold it as found out the newer smart tv has most functions. the new 2019 tv even have airplay 2 integrated.

fast and always work.
not much apps on the apple tv stores.. a lot of apps has being remove since the start of the product.

Nick

NickAdelaide

Always loved the AppleTV since my first Gen 1... but

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Tim

Tim

A great product

We love our Apple TV. We have a smart Tv that is not fast enough even with our NBN but the Apple Tv effortlessly is able to deliver all the content we need to our Tv set. Its so good that we bought 2. Works with Airplay mode to wirelessly connect our Apple devices to it.

Date PurchasedSep 2018
Maxi

MaxiSurfers Paradise

Fantastic

Apple TV is outstanding for streaming. With it you can connect with most of the Streaming Apps. It is easy to set up. It is also fantastic to view the photos from your I phone on your tv. Siri is also a great help. Highly recommend to buy this Apple TV. So easy to use. The remote control is very compact & user friendly.

Date PurchasedNov 2018
jpcntti

jpcnttiVictoria, 3770

Forget my previous review on Apple TV

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Zac

ZacMelbourne

Nice for watching movies with family.

Let me get this straight with you all with a family. This product is recommended without a doubt! It’s very convenient and handy to have around if you all want a family night watching movies. However, there is a slight issue where sometimes the Internet isn’t connected, but it’ll work itself soon. Buy it now you won’t regret it.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Mick

MickGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Nice unit but has bugs

Love the Siri remote but do find at time struggles to pick up the words from command I do like that I can air play stuff from my phone to the tv music photos videos but find it can freeze at times which can be annoying to pull the plug to the unit

Date PurchasedAug 2016

Darwish

DarwishAustralian Capital Territory

Another apple TV

Nothing really that i find new other than the software and slightly difference in packing but the item is the same even the colour is exactly the same as the old ones, not big difference in pricing but most of the models are similar doing the purpose to transfer what you need from your iphone to the tv and thats all

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Rjay

Rjay

Best thing

Got this from Apple store when they were still selling it last year. Got it cheaper than what a used one was getting sold for. Brilliant quality and feel. Interface is so easy and convenient. Remote has voice control. Beautiful remote. Only proble is if you lose the remote around your house there is no way you can track it like you can track iPhone or iwatch

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Deborahkate

Deborahkate

Absolute rubbish

I am so disappointed with this product
Dreadful remote jumping all over the place
Recently watched non existent on Netflix but ok on Stan
Not recommended - I consider it a waste of money
Feel like bursting into tears
Unfortunately I am stuck with this ...
Cannot think of one positive

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Unhappy1045

Unhappy1045AU

can't load playlist

have previous apple tv,s beginning with the the first one apple produce. Since Steve is gone the quality and functions have gone as well. You can't buy music from your tv anymore you have to rent, playlist won't move to your apple tv, your have to have your computer turned on with airplay to stream music, just so difficult for something that use to be so simply.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Julie Slight

Julie SlightPerth

Love It a Lot but...

Date PurchasedAug 2016

Trish

TrishPerth WA

Gen 4 Apple TV 64 gb box.

Better apps than the Gen 3, better remote control than the Gen 3, I upgraded as I like to keep up with technology and this is definitely is a good upgrade to the Gen 4 I would recommend this product. I find it really easy to use and have recommended it to several people, Apple always produce well designed technology.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Thestorydude

ThestorydudeCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Apps are easy to organise with a simple and clean interface and durable

Date PurchasedJan 2016

Brenton

BrentonNSW, 2012

Apple TV

Colin

Colinasked

Does Apple TV have local free to air channels?

Sharon
Sharon

You can steam 7 and 9. The other channels not sure.

Dibbsy

Dibbsyasked

I am considering an Apple TV to stream music from my iTunes account thru my multi room music system. Does any have any comment on how well it might work?

skippy
skippy

Multi room system. How is that set up?
With mine, I have Apple TV connected to reciever and my reciever connected to my hifi speakers.
I don’t have tv connected. I use ipad or iPod touch to airplay music to Apple TV from iTunes.
It works well.

If you have Apple TV connected to a reciever to multi speakers. It would work well.
The Apple TV iTunes plays very high quality sound.

Richard L

Richard Lasked

About to purchase a generation 4 and want to know if I can get sbs ondemand and abc iview from the apple app store? Would the 32GB be OK for basic use (no games etc)?

Timmy882
Timmy882

ABC iview and sbs on demand are available through the App Store. They may already appear when you click on the app tab as they do on my Apple tv. I did not download them specifically.

I use mine for basic use. I have no photos, music, movies etc saved on my Apple TV and it's fine for me. I use the home sharing function from my computer to the Apple TV for music on my tv so I don't use any storage space on my Apple TV.

Get an answer from our members and Apple representatives

Download manual