Apple TV 4th Generation (2015)

Apple TV 4th Generation (2015) Questions & Answers

MPNs: KHATV432GB, KHATV464GB, MGY52XA and 3 more

5 questions from our users

Peter T.

Peter T.asked

TV 4th Generation (2015)

Do 4th and 5th gen have USB access to play home libraries?
Pierre

Colin

Colinasked

TV 4th Generation (2015)

Does Apple TV have local free to air channels?

Sharon
Sharon

You can steam 7 and 9. The other channels not sure.

Dibbsy

Dibbsyasked

TV 4th Generation (2015)

I am considering an Apple TV to stream music from my iTunes account thru my multi room music system. Does any have any comment on how well it might work?

skippy
skippy

Multi room system. How is that set up?
With mine, I have Apple TV connected to reciever and my reciever connected to my hifi speakers.
I don’t have tv connected. I use ipad or iPod touch to airplay music to Apple TV from iTunes.
It works well.

If you have Apple TV connected to a reciever to multi speakers. It would work well.
The Apple TV iTunes plays very high quality sound.

Richard L

Richard Lasked

TV 4th Generation (2015)

About to purchase a generation 4 and want to know if I can get sbs ondemand and abc iview from the apple app store? Would the 32GB be OK for basic use (no games etc)?

Timmy882
Timmy882

ABC iview and sbs on demand are available through the App Store. They may already appear when you click on the app tab as they do on my Apple tv. I did not download them specifically.

I use mine for basic use. I have no photos, music, movies etc saved on my Apple TV and it's fine for me. I use the home sharing function from my computer to the Apple TV for music on my tv so I don't use any storage space on my Apple TV.

Henry Adda

Henry Addaasked

TV 4th Generation (2015)

Hi I've bought iphone 6s plus a month ago and i want to buy a apple tv so I can air play some movies and youtube videos to my tv only. So my question is should I buy 4th gen or 3rd gen. Is 4th gen worth upgrading for? I only want to airplay movies and youtube videos from my iphone to the tv via apple tv nothing more. Or is there a cheaper alternative way to airplay?

soozie
soozie

Sorry someone else will have to help you, Apple do not take responsibility for their product so if you buy it and it is not compatible tough titties.

We are understandably disgusted with Apple and will never endorse any of their products ever again.

I suggest you buy a different product for less but that is just me.

Colin s
Colin s

If all you are doing is air play the 3rd generation Apple TV is all you need . I'm an apple fan and be leave the 4th generation Apple TV is great value . Air play works just as well on both items I am connected to Telstra for my internet so don't get any problems with my Apple TV I hope this helps you

dean