Apple TV 4th Generation (2015)

Apple TV 4th Generation (2015) (page 2 of 4)

MPNs: KHATV432GB, KHATV464GB, MGY52XA and 3 more

Date PurchasedOct 2015
Stinky1

Stinky1Sunshine Coast

Very Intuitive Device

I purchased to turn my TV into a smart TV but this does a lot more than a Smart TV! Being an Apple user, the setup process is very simplified, just sign into your iCloud account and it’s ready to go! Very beautiful interface with handy apps such as Plex and Infuse, which enable you to access media files!

Berocca

BeroccaBunbury

Great devie for accessing catch-up TV and iTunes media

We use our Apple TV to watch all of the various catch-up TV offered in Australia. All networks have an ATV app.

We also use it for streaming music via apple Music and watching movies on iTunes.

With a good internet connection this all works flawlessly. The Apple TV integrates well with our amplifier and is a great way to access music.

Great device and good value.

Date PurchasedOct 2016
Networked Media Players

Find out how Apple TV 4th Generation (2015) compares to other Networked Media Players

Asia G

Asia GLaunceston

Apple TV absolutely perfect for all your entertainment needs

SharonSydney, NSW

Best thing

Just recently purchased Apple TV, wow great product brought it for Stan and Netflix. Easy Peasy to set up, highly recommend, just a damn good product. I have no faults with the purchase. Just don't think you will buy it just buy it you won't be disappointed with the product.

Date PurchasedSep 2017
Oodlemeister

OodlemeisterCentral West, NSW

A great addition to the house

We have two of these and wouldn't be without them. They are great for people who subscribe to streaming services such as Netflix and Stan. They can run over wifi or through an Ethernet connection and output via HDMI. They come pre-loaded with a bunch of apps. The remote is sleek and easy to use when browsing the interface. They are small though. We managed to lose one, thanks to our toddler. Fortunately you can download an app for your phone that will work as a remote. Very handy.

Date PurchasedSep 2016

Ex apple fan. Now

The new AppleTV will not accept my music from CDs bought previous to owning my original AppleTV I would have chucked all my apple products into the lake. I had to buy a new comp then a new apple TV (because for some reason they would not 'speak' to one another) only to learn that the new AppleTV version will not let all my 10,000+ songs load onto it. I have to have my computer open and use it to play my music - WHAT A PAIN IN THE REAR END. Apple has gone downhill - even though they tell me it is because of lawsuits from other music labels I think it's to try and tie customers to iTunes. DON'T BUY APPLE PRODUCTS. I would have switched to something else in a flash if I had known all this BEFORE purchasing a new computer.

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Jon S

Jon SQueensland, 4073

Easy to use, should have 4k but doesnt

A little unforgivable to release a high end (and high priced) media player without 4K ability. But this aside, the unit is compact, easy to use, can handle multiple Apple accounts (So you can have your US and AU account on there at once)...The remote can be easily damaged if the trackpad area gets a hard knock and replacement remotes are $129 but this is still an excellent unit with lots of apps available including games. Very happy with the purchase and setup was very easy

Ads

AdsGold Coast

Upgraded from the second generation, no regrets.

I went to Apple and got this product. It is amazing. Just scrolling through with the remote gives a cool user experience. The screensavers are amazing and can be updated daily, hourly, weekly etc. It is fast with no lagging and with the access to account log in it gives the all in one experience. I use it daily and all day. It is the perfect product for mirroring and having youtube on the big screen. Definitely worth the upgrade

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Craig

CraigGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Excellent would not be without it.

We have had the Apple TV 4th Gen for a while now and it has never faulted, our family have two and one of the older model and they all work well.. very easy to set up, there is not a day we don't use it.. We have many apps, such as Youtube, Netflix, ABC, SBS and many many more... we also have a Network Attached Storage device (Synology NAS) and there are also Apps available for the NAS, which allows us to stream from the server all our stored movies etc.. the Apple TV 4th Gen I can highly recommend. Fantastic product... Also.. you can use the supplied controller or if you have a Apple iPhone or iPad you can also control it.. Terrific.

Date PurchasedJun 2015
GNewbie

GNewbiePerth, WA

Same same but different

Date PurchasedApr 2017
Kate

Kate

Happy customer

Love my Apple TV as its easy to use and never skipped a beat, even the kids can use it with ease. Wish the remote was a bit bigger as being so small it is always getting lost. Bought a back up remote for the times we loose the oringinal remote. Would be nice if we could add apps like Presto or other different tv apps but all in all its a good product

Date PurchasedApr 2015
Andy

AndyHobart

Freezes after each bombardment of annoying ads

Date PurchasedJan 2016
rolly Dizon

rolly DizonSydney, NSW

Just like a bigger IPad

Me and my wife love watching movie over the internet (netflix, and othet website) but we only have an Ipad Pro 12.9" so we decided that we will buy a smart tv but they are way out of our budget and plus we realized that we don't want another TV in the house because we have plenty (4 for a 2bedroom unit) the salesman from Harvey Norman offered us an Apple TV and we connected it to the TV set in our bedroom (not a smart Tv) and everything that we want to watch from the Ipad can now go to the bigger screen thanks to apple tv, we can now enjoy our internet movies from a normal tv without paying for a smart TV.
That's Smart indeed. So thank you Apple TV

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Ross

RossMelbourne

Makes your dumb TV smart!

Apple TV 4th generation has been perfect for us as we have an Aldi TV and the smart TV features are difficult to use. ATV has everything you need and a little handle feature is that by simple clicking the home button on the ATV4 remote will make the TV auto switch to ATV without needed to press 'source' on your TV remote!

Gazza

GazzaAU

Wow surprised me

Been using the Apple TV 4 for a couple of days now and I must say wow it's smooth and very fast ... easy to use and install ,never had anything like it....I just upgraded my telstra nbn and they sent me a free telstra tv hahahaha what a absolute piece of crap that is compared to the Apple TV ... don't waste your time installing telstra tv it's so cheap and the picture quality is crap and it's so slow to perform its ridiculous no wonder they throw
it in on a $99 plan ... do yourself a favour go get the Apple TV 4 it's worlds apart from the telstra tv

SharonHawthorn

love it!

My son bought this for my birthday and set it up for me to watch SBS on demand as well as Nine Now etc.. I have really enjoyed watching my programs when I wont with less adverts. It was simple for me to use even thou im not really good with these things but I have found it easy to navigate and really enjoy the many options it has.

Barcyboy

BarcyboySouth East Queensland, QLD

Master of the TV

The Apple TV has revolutionized how we watch TV. The voice recognition makes section even easier than the already easy controls on the remote. We use it mainly for Netflix but the other free are great. We have not used the subscription services as there is enough available with the free content.

Date PurchasedNov 2016
Paul

PaulVic, 3305

Dont buy, get the Previous Generation without Installable Apps

The choice of Apps in Australia is limiting, has a clunky interface, slow and lags. The Apple TV without the installable apps, does a much better job as streaming iTunes Purchases and Netflix/Stan, save the money and get the cheaper version, the apps are useless. No 4K Support on App Installable model for the Price Point, may as well get the cheaper version, both do 1080P.

Date PurchasedJul 2016
howling

howlingGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Can't deliver movies properly in Australia

I'm lucky to have an excellent broadband connection at home. Netflix streams well. Speed tests are above 40mbps. BUT...
Apple movies take hours and hours to download. There are unanswered threads on this in apple support forums.
The device has a hard drive which is pointless because it doesn't store movies and shows.
It's an expensive device considering one of its main features doesn't work.
Get something else instead.

Date PurchasedJun 2016