Apple TV 4th Generation (2015)

Apple TV 4th Generation (2015) (page 3 of 4)

MPNs: KHATV432GB, KHATV464GB, MGY52XA and 3 more

jputtingMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great Product, Works Well

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Networked Media Players

Find out how Apple TV 4th Generation (2015) compares to other Networked Media Players

Thursday

ThursdaySouth East Queensland, QLD

No words... Apart from disappointed.

Day1. Follow instructions to set up Apple TV. All good. Load Netflix, some favourite games. All good.
Day 1.5. Go to use Apple TV again and I'm met with a system restore required. What? Ugh, OK. Follow instructions and realise the cable required to connect to iTunes is not supplied. Middle of the night and I can't use my new toy. Fair enough I had to supply my own HDMI cable, but to not supply an essential cable to restore this junk within the FIRST DAY !! Is unacceptable! This pos is going back to the store for a full refund tomorrow.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Paul K

Paul KSydney, NSW

Nice controls. BUT, and its a very big BUT. An absolute disaster by Apple for movie downloads!!!

Date PurchasedDec 2015

Easiest remote control ever.

We have had this for a while and I cannot rate it highly enough. The device was easy to install, we are not really tech heads, we are a retired couple that muddle through, but really the easiest thing ever. We are able to watch free movies, through netflix and others, really this device is so versatile, you really don't need anything else. Love it !!

Date PurchasedFeb 2015

Streaming

Be prepared to wait for every itunes movie you download to take forever!!My internet is very fast (it loads movies no problem on ALL my other devices) but when I rent movies through apple tv IT TAKES OVER 2 HOURS!!! DO NOT RENT ITUNES MOVIES ON THIS DEVICE!! YOU WILL WAIT AN ETERNITY!!

Date PurchasedMay 2015
Tante Chrissie

Tante ChrissiePerth

A great addition to home entertainment paraphernalia

I love this. It is not too expensive, is small and neat and we use it constantly. You can give perfect slideshows from photos on any of your apple devices, and show catchup tv, youtube, (in fact anything you can show on your computer screen) to your television for no cost. You can also show downloaded or hired movies from whatever source. It is simple to use - so simple you don't even need children or grandchildren to figure it out. It gives you access to paid channels such as Stan, Netflix and Foxtel, but we use it more for no cost options.

minkis

minkisVIC, 3000

Works fine

Have had this for a while now. The apple remote integrates well with my tv being able to turn the tv on or off with the apple tv and also adjusting the tv's volume. Also works well with my bluetooth speaker setup. Apple tv has an option to reduce loud sounds which is good for keeping the volume down while still being able to hear the voice.

The main apps i use are Netflix, YouTube, 7 play, 9 now, 10 play and Crossy Roads game.

For YouTube and Netflix you can use voice recognition to search rather than typing with the remote.

Crossy Roads you can play two player using a iPhone as a second remote.

My only complaint is about the amount of ads in the tv catchup services, though this is no more than watching live tv.

Date PurchasedSep 2016

Useless

Apple store told me about the free radio, so i bought it and the radio feature was great, now it has been deleated from apple selection it is only good for playing my own selection of music. What a piece of crap, they show you a feature then remove it.
Dont waste your money, after a while you are told to subscribe to the channels you like, no one at the apple store said anything about having to pay more money just to watch the channels that are already on the thing.

Timmy882

Timmy882Newcastle

It's great. I love using it

I purchased a 4th Gen Apple TV to upgrade from the 2nd Gen Apple TV. I have to say the 4th Gen Apple TV is a huge step up from the 2nd Gen. The touchpad, using Siri, app selection I have so far found easy to use which is the way I like things to be. I can tell Siri my passwords, what I want to watch and more. I find the remote easy to use and with the functions available, it make navigation through the Apple TV easy for me.

I'm not tech savvy. I like to keep things simple, and as long as it does what I want it to do I am happy. This Apple TV does what I want. On top of this I find it easy to use.

Date PurchasedMay 2016

Apple TV

Date PurchasedFeb 2016
Craig

CraigBrisbane

Great addition to a home entertainment centre

Recently purchased the 4th generation apple TV as an update from a 3rd generation model. The new model includes a new remove, Siri and ability to install Apps from the Apple TV App Store. This excellent little device sits discreetly beside our TV and cannot be seen unless you look for it. The ability for the Apple TV remote to start the TV to the correct channel, and change TV volume is welcomed as it means only 1 remote is needed for use. Siri generally works very well unless asking for obscure requests. Have downloaded a couple of games and these are ok but main use for us is movies, tv and music. In this use the Apple TV is a reliable and easy to use machine we are very happy with.

Absolute rubbish, makes me want to punch a puppy in the face.

Most of the time both my iPad and TV screen remain black when beaming. But, the most exciting part of this black box of crapness, is that it turns on my TV or changes the channel when I open my Mac! Apple is a long way from "awesome" today. Sad.

Colin s

dean

dean

Wrap it in cotton wool

GREAT THINGY

ITS nice, Mate. Its a pretty cool thingy that can do stuff like the movies and shows. The cat destroyed mine with its laser eyes. I can watch all the latest high tech movies on the tv without leaving the couch. Also as well as stream my iPad to the TV without connecting a cable for lightning to HDMI which does cost around 70 dollars

Updates to IOS and more content available have made this better

Apple have made some good updates to the IOS making this product better than before.

Some of the functionality, i.e. Siri and TV mode still don't recognise local content so you constantly have to juggle between the slick Apple Cloud integration and bad local searching (Music, Movies, TV) TV shows don't automatically play the next episode and Netflix/Stan doesn't allow for shortcuts through the TV mode (Amazon does).

Menus are slow and clunky to navigate but prettier than the old one.

Date PurchasedOct 2015