MPN: MP7P2X/A

See the Best Networked Media Players in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Could be a lot better

Pros:
Small, powerful, reliable streaming, it does 4K images.
Voice control makes life a lot easier for example "resume xyz" will start where it left off for series xyz, no need to remember season, episode number, or exactly where you stopped last time when watching a particular episode.
Cons:
Expensive
It's setup to steer you away from free to air to paid alternatives. For example, sometimes when I ask siri to play an ABC or SBS program, it will present me with paid versions of the same thing, or even totally irrelevant paid programs.
It does not allow sound decoding passthrough, so the decoding is whatever Apple TV decides, not necessarily the originally intended optimum sound.

Purchased in May 2019 at Apple Physical store for $249.00.

Great for netflix

One day the Apple TV HD might be the revolution the Cupertino company promised it would be. But, for right now, it's a middling streaming video player that has a premium remote and a price tag to match.

Purchased in April 2018 at Officeworks for $150.00.

Fantastic! Well worth the money!

The apple TV is unique. It is simple and easy to use. Great for a family at home or helpful for a teacher in the classroom.

The simple design is unlike any other. It is easy because the buttons are quite big and this makes it easy for any age.

Purchased in June 2019 at JB Hifi Home for $80.00.

One of the best media streamers

Being a huge Apple fan here, using they are all of 4 generations of Apple TVs before this. I must say this version of Apple media streamer is a game-changer. If you have 4K or thinking of getting a 4K wants to watch Netflix or Apple movies in 4K, clarity of the picture will be epic. Even the screen savers "fly by ariel footage in 4K is fantastic. A couple of few gripes just like any product. I wish they left the optical sound out (AKA TOSLINK). May be their marketing research showed people are using HDMI instead. Second is their remote. Much easier to download their remote app to the phone or iPad when you are setting it up first. Especially when you try to connect to your WIFI SSID. I wish Apple can come with a remote or an App I can control my TV & the sound system. On a good note thank god the DVD, Blueray player are all gathering dust now. If you can get 4K content streaming, and you love Apple ecosystem of their products, this is for you. Consider HD space too. I would recommend 64GB if you are a selfie junkie who likes to keep all your photos on iCloud or wants to down space heavy apps. Be mindful only to keep family-friendly photos as every who clicks on photos icon can see your photos in full HD in the living room. Be careful with the remote. There's a glass surface for touch. You slip this remote on the tile surface, that would be an expensive mistake.

Purchased in July 2019 at eBay for $267.00.

Almost perfect

I love what this little set top box is capable of. I love that it streams efficiently and without lag. I love that I can watch so much more on my TV now. What I do NOT love is this weird little glitch it appears to have bought with it once connected to my TV. Every 20 or so minutes it begins a process of shutting down the TV. IF this wasn’t enough, once you get the TV back on and working it is suddenly MUTE. This is such a ridiculous rigmourole to be sorting out repeatedly almost every time the Apple TV is being used. If it didn’t have this issue I would give it the highest rating, as it is otherwise awesome!

Purchased in June 2019 at Telstra for $129.00.

Update life with Updated Apple TV 4K

Apple TV 4K has been updated substantially. After numerous upgrades, the Apple TV 4K remains our top video streamer pick for the house. Apple fans let’s be honest, these are not alway the cheapest products on the market and those who don't mind paying a little extra for its advantages, delivery you a premium experience like Dolby Vision HDR.

Update after update have made this product stronger, Apple TV 4K just keeps getting better. Pay the extra for the Apple TV 4K. If you own a 4K or HDR TV you'll get an immediate benefit, and even if you don't, chances are good that your next TV will be 4K and HDR compatible.

Get out your iPhone, strap on the watch and tune in with Apple TV 4K. It’s brilliant.

Purchased in August 2019 at Bing Lee for $209.00.

Excellent 4K streaming and mirroring your device to your TV

I purchased the latest 64gb 4K Apple TV about two weeks ago and I love it..!! Great 4K streaming from Netflix, Stan etc and easy to set up, use and add apps. Some content on Netflix seems to skip a little (I have a sold WiFi Connection so it not that) which can be annoying but everything else works as it should. The new remote is now touch as well as click which I found a little so sensitive but you can go into the settings and change the sensitivity to suit your own touch. Plus the new remote is now rechargeable (same plug as the current iPhone) which means you will never need batteries again..well done for that Apple..!! (You can also use the virtual remote on your iPhone which also works well) For $250 AUD its a no brainer - brilliant little box

Purchased in August 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for $249.00.

Love it

Love this device! Initially bought to use to stream Netflix. You literally just hold the device next to the Apple TV and it reads the account info from your device and sets everything up

5 STAR!

Purchased in January 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for $227.00.

most premium viewing experience

this is my third apple tv...started using 3rd gen, then 4th gen non 4k and this is 4K....though i dont have 4k tv still the super fast A10 chip gives you an amazing exp...TV OS app store is an amazing experience...Fwd Rewind, search functionality Siri....very good.

Purchased in September 2018 at Apple Online store for $209.00.

Perfect for 4K streaming

I purchased this a while back to get the 4K footage for my 4k tv and has been a great addition. I really only use this now instead of chrome cast or tv in fact.

Purchased in May 2018 at Cex Physical store for $250.00.

Keep getting better and better

The Apple TV keeps getting better and better. I remember thinking it was a silly idea, but now I do everything related to TV or streaming using it. It’s easy to use, has a huge variety of all of your favourite streaming services in one place and links back to your iTunes so you can keep watching your TV and movies on your laptop whenever you’re away. Love it!

Purchased in July 2018 for $300.00.

This is perfect

Who can beat apple products? Nobody! This is so great and so good. I love watching Netflix on my tv it’s so good. Everything is best in it yay!! Yup

Purchased in January 2018 at Apple Physical store for $4,000.00.

I love my 4K Apple TV

I love my 4K Apple TV.
I love the range of Apps on it, I love the high resolution screen animated screen savers.
I love the screen resolution.
I love that they've got the streaming right now, unlike prior versions, so you don't wait for ever for
a movie to start.
We went with the 32GB version, I don't see much point in the 64G version
Siri I'm not so crazy about, so I never use it.

Purchased in July 2018 at JB Hi-Fi.

Intuitive and Polished

Super polished alternative if you don’t have a smart TV (or if you have to suffer through the poor software in many Smart TV’s).
The operating system and apps are all extremely polished, if you download infuse player you can basically play any media type, and the auto exchange rate switching is a great feature I haven’t seen many other places. Wish I’d purchased one sooner!

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Apple tv is awesome

Apple tv is the best it is so easy to use and the wifi is so fast. My kids can’t stop using it for watching netflex and youtube, even me and my husband love it so much we can now have a movie date night together on our tv connecting to apple tv.

Easy to use & seamless linkage with Apple devices

Bought this mainly to be able to watch footage from iTunes on our 4K TV

Was experiencing some lag and buffering when watching 4K through google play tv and movies - no issues with internet speed

Easy to use interface with good quality content and no major lag or buffering issues

Great selection of apps in the App Store and easy to broadcast from apple devices to the TV

Recommended for people with multiple apple devices

Worth buying.

Bought the Apple 4K TV a few days ago and extremely happy with it. Great Apps. which you can also download from the App. Store eg. For free movies. We are also keeping our Foxtel as it has just a few differences which at present we think it’s worth hanging onto. You don’t need a Smart TV to use this.

Date PurchasedJan 2019

Love the Apple eco System, hate the lack of attention this product gets

I really like the Apple TV mostly, however there a few things I would like to see improved.

I bought this originally for my 3 year old so he could use it with is Fisher Price Smart Cycle. It's great but the games are very limited so I went into the apple store and bought the SteelSeries Game controller they had on display.

Then I found that the controller has MORE support on the iPhone than on the apple TV!?

Fortunately there is lots of things that have made the purchase worthwile and I do love it but I'd love it more if more games worked with the controller and the smart cycle.

Date PurchasedSep 2018

A magic little device

The Apple TV does almost everything when it comes to entertainment - Subscription services for Stan and Netflix, Apple Music, iCloud Photos, Freeview, Screensavers, etc. Its great to have everything that I want to look at and listen to in one place and it works extremely well hooked through my Dolby Sound System. The only negatives lie with content providers like Foxtel who refuse to release a dedicated App for the the Apple TV. I won't return to Foxtel as a subscriber until they rectify that lack of availability. (Foxtel's alternate Air Play option is rubbish) Keep up the great work Apple - your products are definitely what customers want.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Best product from Apple and best in its class

This model works perfectly every single time. Fast and easy to use. Remote is certainly the best in its class - without a doubt.
Unit looks amazing and suits most decor.
Would recommend to anyone despite the higher pride tag. Don’t settle for chrome cast or similar 4K works great too

Date PurchasedMay 2018