Apple TV 5th Generation - 4k (2017)

Apple TV 5th Generation - 4k (2017)

MPN: MP7P2X/A

Mortishia

MortishiaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Not just another PVR

Andy Vee

Andy VeeSydney, NSW

Awesome product

Awesome product. Was so easy to connect and set up. My family loves the ease of watching their videos, photos and streaming content from their phones and iPad onto our tv. Netflix and Stan even works better than running it through our smart tv. Great product!

Purchased in January 2020 at JB Hi-Fi for $249.00.

eminiko

eminiko

fantastic, very happy with it!

great response time, fantastic 4k display, very happy with it but highly recommend to use a good quality cdmi cable r you will not experience the 4k resolution in full.

Purchased in January 2019 at Harvey Norman for $109.00.

Chris N.

Chris N.

Perfect for Apple-based family!

We originally purchased one for the lounge room and loved the product so much we purchased another one for the bedroom. It is great as my entire family have iPhones, so we all use our phones as the TV remotes as it automatically turns our TVs on and off. We watch all live TV (i.e. ABC Kids, 7, 9 and 10) through the apps but mainly use Netflix and Stan. When we want to share something from our iPhones, iPads or MacBooks we just AirPlay to the TVs.

Purchased in November 2018.

stan2017

stan2017Sydney

Could be a lot better

Pros:
Small, powerful, reliable streaming, it does 4K images.
Voice control makes life a lot easier for example "resume xyz" will start where it left off for series xyz, no need to remember season, episode number, or exactly where you stopped last time when watching a particular episode.
Cons:
Expensive
It's setup to steer you away from free to air to paid alternatives. For example, sometimes when I ask siri to play an ABC or SBS program, it will present me with paid versions of the same thing, or even totally irrelevant paid programs.
It does not allow sound decoding passthrough, so the decoding is whatever Apple TV decides, not necessarily the originally intended optimum sound.

Purchased in May 2019 at Apple Physical store for $249.00.

Ben

BenHunter Region, NSW

Great for netflix

One day the Apple TV HD might be the revolution the Cupertino company promised it would be. But, for right now, it's a middling streaming video player that has a premium remote and a price tag to match.

Purchased in April 2018 at Officeworks for $150.00.

HollyB

HollyBSouth East Queensland, QLD

Fantastic! Well worth the money!

The apple TV is unique. It is simple and easy to use. Great for a family at home or helpful for a teacher in the classroom.

The simple design is unlike any other. It is easy because the buttons are quite big and this makes it easy for any age.

Purchased in June 2019 at JB Hifi Home for $80.00.

Pri

PriSydney, NSW

One of the best media streamers

Purchased in July 2019 at eBay for $267.00.

Shazza5

Shazza5Mid North Coast

Almost perfect

I love what this little set top box is capable of. I love that it streams efficiently and without lag. I love that I can watch so much more on my TV now. What I do NOT love is this weird little glitch it appears to have bought with it once connected to my TV. Every 20 or so minutes it begins a process of shutting down the TV. IF this wasn’t enough, once you get the TV back on and working it is suddenly MUTE. This is such a ridiculous rigmourole to be sorting out repeatedly almost every time the Apple TV is being used. If it didn’t have this issue I would give it the highest rating, as it is otherwise awesome!

Purchased in June 2019 at Telstra for $129.00.

Thomas B

Thomas BSydney, NSW

Update life with Updated Apple TV 4K

Apple TV 4K has been updated substantially. After numerous upgrades, the Apple TV 4K remains our top video streamer pick for the house. Apple fans let’s be honest, these are not alway the cheapest products on the market and those who don't mind paying a little extra for its advantages, delivery you a premium experience like Dolby Vision HDR.

Update after update have made this product stronger, Apple TV 4K just keeps getting better. Pay the extra for the Apple TV 4K. If you own a 4K or HDR TV you'll get an immediate benefit, and even if you don't, chances are good that your next TV will be 4K and HDR compatible.

Get out your iPhone, strap on the watch and tune in with Apple TV 4K. It’s brilliant.

Purchased in August 2019 at Bing Lee for $209.00.

John

JohnSydney, NSW

Excellent 4K streaming and mirroring your device to your TV

Purchased in August 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for $249.00.

Jazz

JazzSydney, NSW

Love it

Love this device! Initially bought to use to stream Netflix. You literally just hold the device next to the Apple TV and it reads the account info from your device and sets everything up

5 STAR!

Purchased in January 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for $227.00.

anonymous32

anonymous32Sydney, NSW

most premium viewing experience

this is my third apple tv...started using 3rd gen, then 4th gen non 4k and this is 4K....though i dont have 4k tv still the super fast A10 chip gives you an amazing exp...TV OS app store is an amazing experience...Fwd Rewind, search functionality Siri....very good.

Purchased in September 2018 at Apple Online store for $209.00.

Robert M.

Robert M.South East Queensland, QLD

Perfect for 4K streaming

I purchased this a while back to get the 4K footage for my 4k tv and has been a great addition. I really only use this now instead of chrome cast or tv in fact.

Purchased in May 2018 at Cex Physical store for $250.00.

danwhite789

danwhite789Sydney, NSW

Keep getting better and better

The Apple TV keeps getting better and better. I remember thinking it was a silly idea, but now I do everything related to TV or streaming using it. It’s easy to use, has a huge variety of all of your favourite streaming services in one place and links back to your iTunes so you can keep watching your TV and movies on your laptop whenever you’re away. Love it!

Purchased in July 2018 for $300.00.

Gita

GitaSydney, NSW

This is perfect

Who can beat apple products? Nobody! This is so great and so good. I love watching Netflix on my tv it’s so good. Everything is best in it yay!! Yup

Purchased in January 2018 at Apple Physical store for $4,000.00.

Cheeky

CheekyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

I love my 4K Apple TV

I love my 4K Apple TV.
I love the range of Apps on it, I love the high resolution screen animated screen savers.
I love the screen resolution.
I love that they've got the streaming right now, unlike prior versions, so you don't wait for ever for
a movie to start.
We went with the 32GB version, I don't see much point in the 64G version
Siri I'm not so crazy about, so I never use it.

Purchased in July 2018 at JB Hi-Fi.

Browny

BrownyWollongong

Intuitive and Polished

Super polished alternative if you don’t have a smart TV (or if you have to suffer through the poor software in many Smart TV’s).
The operating system and apps are all extremely polished, if you download infuse player you can basically play any media type, and the auto exchange rate switching is a great feature I haven’t seen many other places. Wish I’d purchased one sooner!

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Mhaimhai

MhaimhaiBrisbane

Apple tv is awesome

Apple tv is the best it is so easy to use and the wifi is so fast. My kids can’t stop using it for watching netflex and youtube, even me and my husband love it so much we can now have a movie date night together on our tv connecting to apple tv.

Date PurchasedJan 2019

Pottering11

Pottering11Perth, WA

Easy to use & seamless linkage with Apple devices

Bought this mainly to be able to watch footage from iTunes on our 4K TV

Was experiencing some lag and buffering when watching 4K through google play tv and movies - no issues with internet speed

Easy to use interface with good quality content and no major lag or buffering issues

Great selection of apps in the App Store and easy to broadcast from apple devices to the TV

Recommended for people with multiple apple devices

Date PurchasedJan 2019