Apple TV 5th Generation - 4k (2017)

Apple TV 5th Generation - 4k (2017) (page 2 of 4)

MPN: MP7P2X/A
4.2 from 64 reviews · View Details

4.2

Robert M.

Robert M.South East Queensland, QLD

Perfect for 4K streaming

I purchased this a while back to get the 4K footage for my 4k tv and has been a great addition. I really only use this now instead of chrome cast or tv in fact.

Purchased in May 2018 at Cex Physical store for A$250.00.

danwhite789

danwhite789Sydney, NSW

Keep getting better and better

The Apple TV keeps getting better and better. I remember thinking it was a silly idea, but now I do everything related to TV or streaming using it. It’s easy to use, has a huge variety of all of your favourite streaming services in one place and links back to your iTunes so you can keep watching your TV and movies on your laptop whenever you’re away. Love it!

Purchased in July 2018 for A$300.00.

Gita

GitaSydney, NSW

This is perfect

Who can beat apple products? Nobody! This is so great and so good. I love watching Netflix on my tv it’s so good. Everything is best in it yay!! Yup

Purchased in January 2018 at Apple Physical store for A$4,000.00.

Networked Media Players

Find out how Apple TV 5th Generation - 4k (2017) compares to other Networked Media Players

Cheeky

CheekyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

I love my 4K Apple TV

I love my 4K Apple TV.
I love the range of Apps on it, I love the high resolution screen animated screen savers.
I love the screen resolution.
I love that they've got the streaming right now, unlike prior versions, so you don't wait for ever for
a movie to start.
We went with the 32GB version, I don't see much point in the 64G version
Siri I'm not so crazy about, so I never use it.

Purchased in July 2018 at JB Hi-Fi.

Browny

BrownyWollongong

Intuitive and Polished

Super polished alternative if you don’t have a smart TV (or if you have to suffer through the poor software in many Smart TV’s).
The operating system and apps are all extremely polished, if you download infuse player you can basically play any media type, and the auto exchange rate switching is a great feature I haven’t seen many other places. Wish I’d purchased one sooner!

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Mhaimhai

MhaimhaiBrisbane

Apple tv is awesome

Apple tv is the best it is so easy to use and the wifi is so fast. My kids can’t stop using it for watching netflex and youtube, even me and my husband love it so much we can now have a movie date night together on our tv connecting to apple tv.

Pottering11

Pottering11Perth, WA

Easy to use & seamless linkage with Apple devices

Bought this mainly to be able to watch footage from iTunes on our 4K TV

Was experiencing some lag and buffering when watching 4K through google play tv and movies - no issues with internet speed

Easy to use interface with good quality content and no major lag or buffering issues

Great selection of apps in the App Store and easy to broadcast from apple devices to the TV

Recommended for people with multiple apple devices

Rossco

Rossco

Worth buying.

Bought the Apple 4K TV a few days ago and extremely happy with it. Great Apps. which you can also download from the App. Store eg. For free movies. We are also keeping our Foxtel as it has just a few differences which at present we think it’s worth hanging onto. You don’t need a Smart TV to use this.

Jeremy

JeremyHunter Region, NSW

Love the Apple eco System, hate the lack of attention this product gets

I really like the Apple TV mostly, however there a few things I would like to see improved.

I bought this originally for my 3 year old so he could use it with is Fisher Price Smart Cycle. It's great but the games are very limited so I went into the apple store and bought the SteelSeries Game controller they had on display.

Then I found that the controller has MORE support on the iPhone than on the apple TV!?

Fortunately there is lots of things that have made the purchase worthwile and I do love it but I'd love it more if more games worked with the controller and the smart cycle.

Date PurchasedSep 2018

bdb4500

bdb4500

A magic little device

The Apple TV does almost everything when it comes to entertainment - Subscription services for Stan and Netflix, Apple Music, iCloud Photos, Freeview, Screensavers, etc. Its great to have everything that I want to look at and listen to in one place and it works extremely well hooked through my Dolby Sound System. The only negatives lie with content providers like Foxtel who refuse to release a dedicated App for the the Apple TV. I won't return to Foxtel as a subscriber until they rectify that lack of availability. (Foxtel's alternate Air Play option is rubbish) Keep up the great work Apple - your products are definitely what customers want.

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Zamster

Zamster

Best product from Apple and best in its class

This model works perfectly every single time. Fast and easy to use. Remote is certainly the best in its class - without a doubt.
Unit looks amazing and suits most decor.
Would recommend to anyone despite the higher pride tag. Don’t settle for chrome cast or similar 4K works great too

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Guildford L

Guildford LGuildford

Couldn’t live without it!

Love the easy remote control and love the way I can use my iPhone keyboard for searching and mirror my iPhone and my children’s and love I can use all the free to air tv replay apps and of course Netflix and YouTube. I listen to all my music on the cloud and buy iTunes vouchers and credit my apple account and then purchase and rent movies when the family comes over !

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Ian

IanSydney

Apple Tv

Have had the Apple TV for about 2 months and loving what it can do.It has turned my old TV into. Smart TV.
Found the remote easy to use as is the voice activator.Very satisfied .The Apps it came with are good and have added more which was easy to do.

Rod

RodAuckland

Dud

I can't get a picture playing Netflix, apple have been hopeless in trying to solve my problem, and I have now given up after six months, I use apple play on my laptop to watch Netflix on my screen, apple keep trying to make this my problem, be warned apple used to be all about customer service no more it seems.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Henry

HenryBrisbane

Best Apple TV yet

The Apple TV 4K is just amazing, so smart for a tiny box. Price is a fair Wack at $250, especially when you want to have a few in your home. But the fact you can download apps, watch everything in 4K it’s just wonderful. Highly recommend this product to everyone whom loves streaming tv via Stan, Netflix and hayu.

Wendy

WendyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Excellent Product & Service

I brought this 4K model with my birthday money and vouchers from Myers, Melbourne.
I've now updated from the previous model. I still use the old model in my son's room, he loves it as it connects all his apps like Youtube, Stan, Netflix etc. This one is so much quicker, the graphics are amazing, very easy to install and connect to all your devices. Added all my Apps, just wish I could add Foxtel but I just apple play it.
If your an Apple lover I recommend this model.

Cemal

CemalMelbourne

Perfect!

Much better menu and picture quality then my earlier model. Super easy to connect, you can connect it with your iphone. Easy to setup with your iPhone. Remote features Siri. Bad Points−the Remote has touch navigation, which can get confusing if your used to previous versions or never had one before.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Naoki D

Naoki DAU

Out of the box Apple experience.

I'm not a fanboy and if anything I tend to avoid apple because they tend to dumb things down which on its own isn't a bad thing but because of this dumbing down they tend to not include certain features for the more advanced users compared to other brands but you don't have to worry about that with this product. It does everything that you'll ever need for a internet TV system and takes the headache out of the many other modern crappy internet tv boxes creating a seamless experience.

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Antananarivo

AntananarivoAU

It is all about connectivity

Although I had a OLED Smart TV, I decided to buy the Apple TV to allow connectivity with my other devices. It is very intuitive and easy to manage. More importantly the applications for channel 9, 7, 10 and SBS are better in the Apple TV than the Smart Tv.
I bought the full capacity, but no need to spend the extra dollars. Go with the basic capacity.

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Dee

DeeBendigo

Apple Converted!

I purchased an Apple TV for my daughter only to find out her husband bought her one.
So I inherited the apple. I was not an Apple fan and I dont like iPhones so I was very surprised when I used the Apple TV and found how good it was! It combines all your apps and TV subscriptions in one easy to use centre. Very impressed!!

Date PurchasedDec 2017