Apple TV 5th Generation - 4k (2017)

Apple TV 5th Generation - 4k (2017) (page 3 of 4)

MPN: MP7P2X/A
4.2 from 64 reviews · View Details

4.2

Steve

SteveCanberra

A must have for Apple fans and streamers

esp

espMelbourne

Streaming ese

Upgrade from gen 2, which didn’t support most free to air tv channels. Love the idea of voice recognition on remote, but you have to speak a few times to get it right. Slide navigation is also fiddly, and takes a bit of getting used to. Supports plenty of apps. iPad remote app could be better.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Glen

GlenHelensburgh

Don't Buy.

Useless. I urge everyone to not get Apple TV because every time you buy something you can't watch it till the next day. Netflix and Stan work fine through Apple TV so the problem is apple. We will be going to a competitor. Apple help we're useless and rude with a up yours attitude.

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Networked Media Players

Find out how Apple TV 5th Generation - 4k (2017) compares to other Networked Media Players

CK1

CK1Perth

No Smart TV? No worries!!

Apple TV - Let's you stream content, watch movies, use apps. My only gripe with this product is sometimes (one a month perhaps) the remote doesn't work - usually just need to reset the system and it's fine. I've also downloaded Apple TV remote for my phone, very handy when you accidentally lose the lovely slim remote.
Don't know how I survived without Apple TV before. Plus it was much cheaper than purchasing a smart TV.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Not Good for Home Theaters

Apple TV 4K box pushes their propietary signal to other home theater equipment (ie. projectors). When switching 4K sources, Apple 4K box interferes with other sources. When watching Netflix HDR programming, Apple 4K box drops video intermittently, because it is pushing Dolby Vision HDR (will not let the projector do HDR10 without dropping video lock). No projector does Dolby Vision. Not a good product for high end theaters.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Steve

SteveHunter Region, NSW

Typical Apple Product

Just got NBN connected with unlimited 50mbps downloads so I thought I would give the Apple TV 4K a shot. I don’t as yet have a 4K TV but the 1080p image from the Apple is excellent I already have a ‘Dune Solo 4K’ media player but the Apple is much more ‘schmick’. It is idiot proof and very responsive. It is relatively inexpensive considering it shares the same processor as the IPad Pro. My only complaint is that, like many Apple products, you can’t plug in an external storage device and must rely on Apple’s Cloud. The Dune does have a hot swappable drive. I think having both means all bases are covered.

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Luke

LukeSydney, NSW

Great must have

This is been my third Apple TV by far the best out of them all. Smaller faster more options more feedback ability to add games and apps better picture it’s cool screensavers all over great products. There’s more than one option for size storage. Go get one today you will love it

iFudge

iFudgeMelbourne

Bought this instead of a new Smart TV

Greg N.

Greg N.Murray Region, NSW

Perfection . . . Almost.

On a recent visit to family, I got the chance to play with my brothers Apple TV device. This was fortunate, as I was looking for a better way to utilise my downloaded and back up copies of movies, plus a way to stream Netflix and the like.

My brother told me that the Apple TV he had was not capable of streaming my collection, from a NAS. Being them determined little camper I am, I did some research. Hurrah! The newly released Gen 5, runs Plex AND VLC.

With Netflix, Stan, WWE Network (yes, I am weird and like wrestling.

The only thing Apple TV doesn't have is Spotify, but I can Airplay music between my iPad and Apple TV, so nothing is lost in that case. I would like Spotify, but can understand why it isn't there.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Dan

DanSydney

Next Level

I’ve been using Apple TV’s in one form or another since they first came out, but after using my LG TV was almost okay with webOS. Only problem was the interface for watching content from my NAS just wasn’t right.

So I took the plunge and bought an Apple TV 4K. You can tell this thing has some processing power as movies which would stutter through apps on webOS play beautifully on the Apple TV.

I find the Siri remote really easy to use, and the only drawback is the same as it’s always been that the remotes are so small they’re easy to loose in the sofa or bed! But otherwise, very happy!

Aliesha

AlieshaGold coast

Upgrade ++

Just upgraded from the previous generation Apple TV and being able to rent 4K movies without leaving my house is great! I can airplay from my phone, laptop and iPad. And it has many apps to download including the amazing Netflix haha. Just wish Australia has Hulu.

Apples products are always amazing and useful

skippy

skippyBrisbane

It’s a great machine. Worth buying for Apple fans.

I really like to use it for streaming music from my iPad mini to Apple TV which is connected to a receiver connected to my hifi System. It sounds amazing.
I really like it for streaming Netflix too. I use it often to watch all my shows.
I like it because you can use mobile hotspot to connect to internet. Where as google cast can only be used on home internet. I don’t really use the Apple TV for games, because I am not really into the games they have.
But I can see it’s uses for children.
I like the touch remote control which is easy to use. Also can use my iPad mini to control Apple TV.
It’s a good product worth buying especially if you are an Apple user.

Date PurchasedSep 2017
Jemaa

JemaaBrisbane

My nephew really likes apple tv

I’m a big fan of apple and all my house members using iphone, ipad, and mac, I thought apple tv worth to us, the mirroring is so nice and good to see family pic and videos. But apple tv is expensive what I expected but it is okay, performance is nice

Sid

Sid

Good Interface with same old design and OS

Apple can learn a lot from roku.... they could have integrated the live tv option like roku and Xbox does which would be easier for watching live tv channels without changing the hdmi input . HDMI does not transfer 5.1 audio output to the connected TVs. Siri needs a little bit more woke in dictation.

BNE Mummy

BNE MummyBrisbane

TV Made Easy

Move over expensive subscriptions and hello apple tv!! We are saving so much with this little device. We no longer need expensive subscriptions to pay tv and just simple things lile netflix will do. It also has inbuilt normal tv channels like sbs, 10, 9 and 7 and you can download new things on it which is a bonus. You can ask siri to do it all for you too which saves on typing in passwords. Word of warning the remote has a glass panel that smashes very easily so getting a cover for it is advised.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

rails

railsulverstone

Amazing.

My Husband and I got the Apple TV for Christmas...We have Netflix and Stan I was and still am blown away by the endless series.. Movies... Documentaries we can watch.. gone are the days of going to the video store not knowing what we want to watch... now we sit in the lounge and choose love it thanks Apple.

MLM

MLMBrisbane

Mostly great

Morgan

MorganIpswich

Works as expected

As an owner of many Apple products, the Apple TV was the only part of their ecosystem I had not invested in. Compare to the user interface of my 4K smart TV, the Apple TV is far superior in terms of response and consistency of service. Being able to use Siri to search for shows or even type in the wifi password has been a life saver. Only downside is having to charge the remote once every 3-4 weeks.

anna

annaSydney Surrounds, NSW

Can't live without it

Wow what a great tool.
We use it ever day. The interface is easy to use, the apps are easy to download, even for us older people. It takes the processing and speed off transmission out of the TV, which enables an older TV you are otherwise happy with to be used longer.

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Mel.H

Mel.HSydney Surrounds, NSW

Amazing, I love it!

This Apple TV is amazing, love the person trainer feature and the scrolling pad is upgraded. I like connecting to my iPhone and also being able to use the dictation button so I don’t have to type it in. I love the new colour and it has a matte feel.

Date PurchasedMay 2017