See the Best Networked Media Players in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Apple tv is awesome

Apple tv is the best it is so easy to use and the wifi is so fast. My kids can’t stop using it for watching netflex and youtube, even me and my husband love it so much we can now have a movie date night together on our tv connecting to apple tv.

Date PurchasedJan 2019

Great product if you do not have a smart tv

got it in 2015 . just sold it as found out the newer smart tv has most functions. the new 2019 tv even have airplay 2 integrated.

fast and always work.
not much apps on the apple tv stores.. a lot of apps has being remove since the start of the product.

Date PurchasedOct 2015

Easy to use & seamless linkage with Apple devices

Bought this mainly to be able to watch footage from iTunes on our 4K TV

Was experiencing some lag and buffering when watching 4K through google play tv and movies - no issues with internet speed

Easy to use interface with good quality content and no major lag or buffering issues

Great selection of apps in the App Store and easy to broadcast from apple devices to the TV

Recommended for people with multiple apple devices

Worth buying.

Bought the Apple 4K TV a few days ago and extremely happy with it. Great Apps. which you can also download from the App. Store eg. For free movies. We are also keeping our Foxtel as it has just a few differences which at present we think it’s worth hanging onto. You don’t need a Smart TV to use this.

Always loved the AppleTV since my first Gen 1... but

They have taken away the ease of using your AppleTV on a home theatre, by removing the ability to directly link your receiver for sound, and the HDMI for the video. Setup was a little messy as it would not read the settings from my iPhone XR as it should, and required the internet to be reset, although the internet was working on all other devices. Reliability is not there, with the settings having to be reset a couple of times as they disappear, and startup is not as simple as it used to be. I think this will be a great unit to have in a bedroom setup, but Apple are again moving backwards with innovation and ease of use, removing features as their new plan of attack to be different from the rest. As an Apple user since 1989, and an owner of 3 AppleTV's plus this new one, I do now also branch out to Windows options when available. Disappointing unit. Not suitable to use on 5.1 as you can only play on the television speakers. Apple Support senior tech was not able to help. Returned to the store for money back 2 days later.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Great For Air Playing From Other Rooms & Apple Devices

I use my Apply TV in my bedroom. The device itself has apps to access Ten Play and Stan. I can also Airplay other apps and photos or video to the Apple TV itself and watch them on the big screen. I wasn't happy with the fact that I needed to buy an Apple speaker that has Airplay to stream audio.

Date PurchasedDec 2012

Love the Apple eco System, hate the lack of attention this product gets

I really like the Apple TV mostly, however there a few things I would like to see improved.

I bought this originally for my 3 year old so he could use it with is Fisher Price Smart Cycle. It's great but the games are very limited so I went into the apple store and bought the SteelSeries Game controller they had on display.

Then I found that the controller has MORE support on the iPhone than on the apple TV!?

Fortunately there is lots of things that have made the purchase worthwile and I do love it but I'd love it more if more games worked with the controller and the smart cycle.

Date PurchasedSep 2018

A great product

We love our Apple TV. We have a smart Tv that is not fast enough even with our NBN but the Apple Tv effortlessly is able to deliver all the content we need to our Tv set. Its so good that we bought 2. Works with Airplay mode to wirelessly connect our Apple devices to it.

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Fantastic

Apple TV is outstanding for streaming. With it you can connect with most of the Streaming Apps. It is easy to set up. It is also fantastic to view the photos from your I phone on your tv. Siri is also a great help. Highly recommend to buy this Apple TV. So easy to use. The remote control is very compact & user friendly.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

A magic little device

The Apple TV does almost everything when it comes to entertainment - Subscription services for Stan and Netflix, Apple Music, iCloud Photos, Freeview, Screensavers, etc. Its great to have everything that I want to look at and listen to in one place and it works extremely well hooked through my Dolby Sound System. The only negatives lie with content providers like Foxtel who refuse to release a dedicated App for the the Apple TV. I won't return to Foxtel as a subscriber until they rectify that lack of availability. (Foxtel's alternate Air Play option is rubbish) Keep up the great work Apple - your products are definitely what customers want.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Best product from Apple and best in its class

This model works perfectly every single time. Fast and easy to use. Remote is certainly the best in its class - without a doubt.
Unit looks amazing and suits most decor.
Would recommend to anyone despite the higher pride tag. Don’t settle for chrome cast or similar 4K works great too

Date PurchasedMay 2018

A great little device, although it’s done it’s time

Apple TV ia great and versatile. Providing lots of options to watch plenty of streamed sports all at the touch of a button. Our device is starting to struggle now however, dropping out at the slightest network glitch. The control with the earlier models being so small seems to often disappear into mystery places!

Date PurchasedFeb 2011

Couldn’t live without it!

Love the easy remote control and love the way I can use my iPhone keyboard for searching and mirror my iPhone and my children’s and love I can use all the free to air tv replay apps and of course Netflix and YouTube. I listen to all my music on the cloud and buy iTunes vouchers and credit my apple account and then purchase and rent movies when the family comes over !

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Forget my previous review on Apple TV

There are time when you leave a review because you don’t like a product. I did that on Apple TV a few years back, I did return it so I didn’t waste my money. Few years down the track...
We now have a Netflix subscription and also Amazon prime to watch movies and series, we use to stream from our iPod to chromecast on our tv but Amazon wasn’t working with that, we had to cast it from our computer which mad the videos very slow with a lot of buffering. So after a few researches I found that Apple TV was going to solve that issue and also another one we had. But the price of the new units (gen5) was a little too steep to justify that spending. So we hoped that getting a second hand one would do the same.
We got on eBay and bought a second hand 4th gen for less than $100, sure it doesn’t have 4K streaming (I don’t have a 4K tv) I can’t use my phone keyboard to type in, we have to use the remote to select the letters on the screen but that’s fine!
The main use for us is movies, so we are very happy with it, I have it hooked up on my 5.1 sound system so we have amazing sound thanks to the optical connector.
My daughter loves music so she streams from it too.
There are a few apps on it, nothing too fancy, I could watch sports and other things but it’s not my thing so I wouldn’t comment on it. There are other streaming services too, there are ok I’d say.
Was it a good purchase, yes it was, would I have spent the money on the newest gen, maybe but I am very happy with this one, i don’t have 4K tv so I don’t see the point in that one yet. Maybe in a few years I will upgrade the Tv then I will buy the new gen of Apple TV.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Apple Tv

Have had the Apple TV for about 2 months and loving what it can do.It has turned my old TV into. Smart TV.
Found the remote easy to use as is the voice activator.Very satisfied .The Apps it came with are good and have added more which was easy to do.

Dud

I can't get a picture playing Netflix, apple have been hopeless in trying to solve my problem, and I have now given up after six months, I use apple play on my laptop to watch Netflix on my screen, apple keep trying to make this my problem, be warned apple used to be all about customer service no more it seems.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Best Apple TV yet

The Apple TV 4K is just amazing, so smart for a tiny box. Price is a fair Wack at $250, especially when you want to have a few in your home. But the fact you can download apps, watch everything in 4K it’s just wonderful. Highly recommend this product to everyone whom loves streaming tv via Stan, Netflix and hayu.

Excellent Product & Service

I brought this 4K model with my birthday money and vouchers from Myers, Melbourne.
I've now updated from the previous model. I still use the old model in my son's room, he loves it as it connects all his apps like Youtube, Stan, Netflix etc. This one is so much quicker, the graphics are amazing, very easy to install and connect to all your devices. Added all my Apps, just wish I could add Foxtel but I just apple play it.
If your an Apple lover I recommend this model.

Perfect!

Much better menu and picture quality then my earlier model. Super easy to connect, you can connect it with your iphone. Easy to setup with your iPhone. Remote features Siri. Bad Points−the Remote has touch navigation, which can get confusing if your used to previous versions or never had one before.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Out of the box Apple experience.

I'm not a fanboy and if anything I tend to avoid apple because they tend to dumb things down which on its own isn't a bad thing but because of this dumbing down they tend to not include certain features for the more advanced users compared to other brands but you don't have to worry about that with this product. It does everything that you'll ever need for a internet TV system and takes the headache out of the many other modern crappy internet tv boxes creating a seamless experience.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

do you have to buy all content on the apple tv can you get sports from australia on it
If you have heard about kayo...that’s an excellent option to enjoy Australian sports content...Apple TV has Kayo app and it offers the most brilliant sports experience if your internet is good

Can you rent 4K movies and watch on 1080p tv as I believe it’s only 4K that has the Dolby Atmos sound track. I want the sound but don’t have 4K tv
I have watched the 4K movies on, I think it just means you don't get the full effect (like the moving cars) - its like normal TVThanks did you watch it on a 4K tv. Or standard HD

Can you watch the all blacks on that apple tv?
Sorry I cannot help you. I think it depends on which streaming service you are enrolled with. Suggest you ask Apple or one of their stockists

Apple TV 5th Generation - 4k (2017)Apple TV 4th Generation (2015)Apple TV 3rd Generation (2012)Apple TV 1st Generation (2007)Apple TV 2nd Generation (2011)
CategoryNetworked Media PlayersNetworked Media PlayersNetworked Media PlayersNetworked Media PlayersNetworked Media Players
ConnectivityWi-Fi, Ethernet and BluetoothWi-Fi, Ethernet and BluetoothWi-Fi, Ethernet and BluetoothWi-Fi, Ethernet and BluetoothWi-Fi, Ethernet and Bluetooth
ProtocolsAirplayAirplayAirplay
Height35mm35mm23mm28mm23mm
Width98mm98mm98mm197mm98mm
USB Ports1
Release dateOct 2015Sep 2013Mar 2007Mar 2011
Replaced byApple TV 5th Generation - 4k (2017)Apple TV 4th Generation (2015)Apple TV 2nd Generation (2011)Apple TV 3rd Generation (2012)

Visit official website - Download manual