Apple TV

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Ian

IanSydney

Apple Tv

Have had the Apple TV for about 2 months and loving what it can do.It has turned my old TV into. Smart TV.
Found the remote easy to use as is the voice activator.Very satisfied .The Apps it came with are good and have added more which was easy to do.

Rod

RodAuckland

Dud

I can't get a picture playing Netflix, apple have been hopeless in trying to solve my problem, and I have now given up after six months, I use apple play on my laptop to watch Netflix on my screen, apple keep trying to make this my problem, be warned apple used to be all about customer service no more it seems.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Henry

HenryBrisbane

Best Apple TV yet

The Apple TV 4K is just amazing, so smart for a tiny box. Price is a fair Wack at $250, especially when you want to have a few in your home. But the fact you can download apps, watch everything in 4K it’s just wonderful. Highly recommend this product to everyone whom loves streaming tv via Stan, Netflix and hayu.

Wendy

WendyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Excellent Product & Service

I brought this 4K model with my birthday money and vouchers from Myers, Melbourne.
I've now updated from the previous model. I still use the old model in my son's room, he loves it as it connects all his apps like Youtube, Stan, Netflix etc. This one is so much quicker, the graphics are amazing, very easy to install and connect to all your devices. Added all my Apps, just wish I could add Foxtel but I just apple play it.
If your an Apple lover I recommend this model.

Cemal

CemalMelbourne

Perfect!

Much better menu and picture quality then my earlier model. Super easy to connect, you can connect it with your iphone. Easy to setup with your iPhone. Remote features Siri. Bad Points−the Remote has touch navigation, which can get confusing if your used to previous versions or never had one before.

Naoki D

Naoki DAU

Out of the box Apple experience.

I'm not a fanboy and if anything I tend to avoid apple because they tend to dumb things down which on its own isn't a bad thing but because of this dumbing down they tend to not include certain features for the more advanced users compared to other brands but you don't have to worry about that with this product. It does everything that you'll ever need for a internet TV system and takes the headache out of the many other modern crappy internet tv boxes creating a seamless experience.

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Zac

ZacMelbourne

Nice for watching movies with family.

Let me get this straight with you all with a family. This product is recommended without a doubt! It’s very convenient and handy to have around if you all want a family night watching movies. However, there is a slight issue where sometimes the Internet isn’t connected, but it’ll work itself soon. Buy it now you won’t regret it.

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Antananarivo

AntananarivoAU

It is all about connectivity

Although I had a OLED Smart TV, I decided to buy the Apple TV to allow connectivity with my other devices. It is very intuitive and easy to manage. More importantly the applications for channel 9, 7, 10 and SBS are better in the Apple TV than the Smart Tv.
I bought the full capacity, but no need to spend the extra dollars. Go with the basic capacity.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Dee

DeeBendigo

Apple Converted!

I purchased an Apple TV for my daughter only to find out her husband bought her one.
So I inherited the apple. I was not an Apple fan and I dont like iPhones so I was very surprised when I used the Apple TV and found how good it was! It combines all your apps and TV subscriptions in one easy to use centre. Very impressed!!

Steve

SteveCanberra

A must have for Apple fans and streamers

esp

espMelbourne

Streaming ese

Upgrade from gen 2, which didn’t support most free to air tv channels. Love the idea of voice recognition on remote, but you have to speak a few times to get it right. Slide navigation is also fiddly, and takes a bit of getting used to. Supports plenty of apps. iPad remote app could be better.

Mick

MickGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Nice unit but has bugs

Love the Siri remote but do find at time struggles to pick up the words from command I do like that I can air play stuff from my phone to the tv music photos videos but find it can freeze at times which can be annoying to pull the plug to the unit

Date PurchasedAug 2016
Darwish

DarwishAustralian Capital Territory

Another apple TV

Nothing really that i find new other than the software and slightly difference in packing but the item is the same even the colour is exactly the same as the old ones, not big difference in pricing but most of the models are similar doing the purpose to transfer what you need from your iphone to the tv and thats all

Rjay

Rjay

Best thing

Got this from Apple store when they were still selling it last year. Got it cheaper than what a used one was getting sold for. Brilliant quality and feel. Interface is so easy and convenient. Remote has voice control. Beautiful remote. Only proble is if you lose the remote around your house there is no way you can track it like you can track iPhone or iwatch

Deborahkate

Deborahkate

Absolute rubbish

I am so disappointed with this product
Dreadful remote jumping all over the place
Recently watched non existent on Netflix but ok on Stan
Not recommended - I consider it a waste of money
Feel like bursting into tears
Unfortunately I am stuck with this ...
Cannot think of one positive

Glen

GlenHelensburgh

Don't Buy.

Useless. I urge everyone to not get Apple TV because every time you buy something you can't watch it till the next day. Netflix and Stan work fine through Apple TV so the problem is apple. We will be going to a competitor. Apple help we're useless and rude with a up yours attitude.

Date PurchasedAug 2017
CK1

CK1Perth

No Smart TV? No worries!!

Apple TV - Let's you stream content, watch movies, use apps. My only gripe with this product is sometimes (one a month perhaps) the remote doesn't work - usually just need to reset the system and it's fine. I've also downloaded Apple TV remote for my phone, very handy when you accidentally lose the lovely slim remote.
Don't know how I survived without Apple TV before. Plus it was much cheaper than purchasing a smart TV.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Unhappy1045

Unhappy1045AU

can't load playlist

have previous apple tv,s beginning with the the first one apple produce. Since Steve is gone the quality and functions have gone as well. You can't buy music from your tv anymore you have to rent, playlist won't move to your apple tv, your have to have your computer turned on with airplay to stream music, just so difficult for something that use to be so simply.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Not Good for Home Theaters

Apple TV 4K box pushes their propietary signal to other home theater equipment (ie. projectors). When switching 4K sources, Apple 4K box interferes with other sources. When watching Netflix HDR programming, Apple 4K box drops video intermittently, because it is pushing Dolby Vision HDR (will not let the projector do HDR10 without dropping video lock). No projector does Dolby Vision. Not a good product for high end theaters.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Black Thumb Downasked

I purchased the Apple 4K TV (23/03/20) specifically to get KAYO.
The Apple 4K TV cost me $249.00 & after I set it up, updated the firmware and got into the app store it lists every other app in the known universe but not KAYO. Why would this be happening?

Mortishia
Mortishia

Hi, Kayo is available but you need to physically download the app. Go to the ‘app’ icon ‘A’ click, then go to apps, click, search Kayo, usually on first line. Click, then follow instructions- Get - sign in with your Apple ID. All should be good then. Hope this helps.

Black Thumb Down

Hi, yes i finally found out what was wrong. When apple tv goes through its auto setup. It chooses Australia for your location, & you enter your address, state etc. But even though apple 4k tv sets everything up for the Aus region, it does not give you Aus content.
Once I worked that out & changed the content setting kayo appeared.
Thanks for your input, i do appreciate it.

Rocky road

Rocky roadasked

do I need to buy a 4k Apple TV for the Apple TV

christine easton

christine eastonasked

do you have to buy all content on the apple tv can you get sports from australia on it

anonymous32
anonymous32

If you have heard about kayo...that’s an excellent option to enjoy Australian sports content...Apple TV has Kayo app and it offers the most brilliant sports experience if your internet is good

Get an answer from our members and Apple representatives

Download manual