GPS + Cellular, GPS
See the Best Smart Watches / Fitness Trackers in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Apple? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Pros

• Easy to read watch face

• Provides exact health stats

• Seamlessly integrates with Apple products

Cons

• Relatively short battery life

• Battery Life

D.Ablett
D.AblettGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Seamless integration

Purchased in September 2019 at Apple Australia for $749.00.

BrunoGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Non-functioning features

This is my second Apple watch and I am generally a fan. However, some "functions" simply do NOT function. The heart-rate monitor is so random as to be basically unusable. I've often checked it against reliable monitors and it's is very often not even close. the latest "fix", to allow my watch to open my MacBook, is not a fix at all. So while I generally enjoy the product, several of its "functions" are very random AND THIS IS ANNOYING.

Purchased in March 2019 for $599.00.

TrueGreenQueensland

Don't know what I'd do without it.

Purchased in December 2019 at Telstra for $840.00.

Smart Watches / Fitness Trackers

Find out how Apple Watch Series 5 compares to other Smart Watches / Fitness Trackers

Azmiri
AzmiriGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

its ok for me

I am not a watch person but got this as a gift. it looks good to wear one, stylish. I don't always wear it. most of the time i wanted to wear I found it no charge. so i put it on charge for next time. Battery life not good. other than that, very handy options, like heart rate monitor which is pretty good. So far I like the product. But I wont give it a 5 star.

Purchased in March 2020 at Harvey Norman Online for $1,299.00.

and21
and21Sydney, NSW

Great product

Apple does it again. Great product, connects effortlessly with my iphone. the only complain i have is that the watch series 5 here, in Australia, doesn't have the ECG feature, which was the main focus of their advertising. other than that, great product.

Purchased in September 2019 at Apple Online store for $929.00.

Top 5 Smart Watch Brands for Women

Smart Watches are a convenient and stylish way for women to keep track of their health, socialise with friends and family, and stay organised amid the business of life. Now there are more smart watches designed for women than ever before.

Isabella G.
Isabella G.30 Nov 2020
top-5-smart-watch-brands-for-women
Cynthia
CynthiaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Healthy style product

I bought this apple watch to replace my previous Xiao Mi watch. It works great, I like the following functions especially: it prompts for you to breathe during the day, each breathing takes 1 minutes and it relaxes me during working in the office, the daily goal with 3 rings is fantastic, it helps me to keep my daily walking exercises, it records the length, heart beat, etc. When bluetooth turned on with my iphone, I can access to email, phone, sms and all other apps. The only thing is that the blood pressure and heart beat monitoring is not accessible in Australia, so no access to these 2 is a pity.

Purchased in January 2020 at Apple Physical store.

BM_and_CC_Adelaide
BM_and_CC_AdelaideMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Love it

Yes it does tell the time but it does soo much more than I expected. It’s very easy to use, it’s stylish, and now I never take it off whereas before I got the Apple Watch I haven’t worn one in years.

Purchased in December 2019 at David Jones Online Store for $849.00.

George
GeorgeSydney, NSW

Love Apple

Have been using this for a while now and no issues at all. Apple products are always bit pricey but quality speaks for itself. I can't wait for my next upgrade

Samantha
Samantha

Cant live without it

I upgraded from a fitbit to an Apple Watch recently and it does everything I need and more! Wear it everyday for exercising and I love the walkie talkie feature

Purchased in May 2020 at Officeworks for $800.00.

Antonia L.
Antonia L.

Love this watch it’s fantastic

This watch is great i absolutely love this watch been saving up for this for a while so thrilled that I have it
Does everything I need out of a watch and more

Purchased in May 2020 at Officeworks for $797.00.

joyce l.
joyce l.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Everything I need in a smart watch

Got the series 5 when my series 3 broke down, I don’t see much of a difference but I’m very happy with my purchased. I couldn’t do without it. Very helpful at the gym to track your workout and also to stay phone free while doing your session as you can control everything with the watch

Purchased in November 2019 at Apple Physical store for $649.00.

Tenielle
TenielleMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Good watch for daily use!

Its a fantastic watch, got it for my mum who is a teacher so she can go on yard duty and leave her phone in her classroom. She loves tracking her fitness too. Easy to use and looks good too!

Purchased in November 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for $469.00.

Anju
AnjuSydney, NSW

Perfect watch

I loved Apple Watch series 5 it was all the function that is required for me
Easier to use
Battery life depends how you use it
Has accurate heart beats rates and breathing functions which frequently I use
Reminds you when to stand and rest
Easier to install other app and use
The screen size is perfect for me and can easily changed the bands
I love this series 5 and I am enjoying my watch
I recommend Apple Watch series 5 if you are looking to buy Apple Watch
You can keep track of your running and steps which is so accurate

Purchased in May 2020 at JB Hi-Fi.

Jordy A.
Jordy A.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Always on Display is a game changer.

Loving the new Apple Watch.
Very easy to use.
Always on display makes life much easier.
The battery life is much better then my previous apple watch.
Nice desgin, im enjoying having the larger 44 display
Love the ability to interchange my bands and read messages at the flick of a wrist.

• +3Thumbnail

Purchased in October 2019 at Apple Online store for $849.00.

Shelby smith
Shelby smithGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Amazing purchase

I got my husband his Apple Watch for Christmas and he loves it so much it’s also helped on his fitness journey and he loves tracking his exercise for the day

Purchased in December 2019 at Baby Gift Works for $900.00.

Roy
Royasked
Series 5 GPS + Cellular

i am looking for a stand alone watch. i don't have a mobile phone and want a watch with which i can make and receive phone calls - oh and tell the time. does apple sell such a product in australia?

TrueGreen

Apple doesn’t sell such a product anywhere. If you want to use an Apple Warch, you need to have an iPhone. Apple Watches won’t suit your use case, sorry.

Bruno

I am using my second Apple Watch after upgrading early this year. The watch does almost all that it claims very well - but does NOT give an accurate heart rate, contrary to its claim. That aside, it’s a wonderfully flexible watch. It is able to make and receive phone calls if you don’t mind others nearby hearing your conversation. However for the phone function to operate you need to purchase the slightly more expensive watch with a ‘chip’ insert. Hope this assists.

Lauran
Lauranasked
Watch Series 5 GPS

Can you use all the apps with the gps only model

Christopher. A
Christopher. A

Yes you can. It runs the same WatchOS, therefore meaning all apps are supported from the GPS+Cellular model.

Features:

• Watches in the Apple Watch Series 5 range track your daily activity and accurately measure all your favourite workouts, so you can easily see your progress.
  • They also measure your health stats, such as your blood oxygen levels, to help you be more in tune with your body.
  • Emergency SOS and the ability to detect if you’ve fallen help make your walk, run, or ride safer, giving you a bit more peace of mind when you’re out and about.
  • These watches have an Always-On Retina display so you can easily see the interface at all times, and are cellular, so you don’t have to worry about carrying your phone around with you.
  • You can choose from a variety of case and band materials and colours and patterns - there are aluminium and stainless steel cases, as well as everything from sports to leather bands.

Points of praise:

• Most reviewers found that the watch face was easy to read, largely thanks to the larger, lit-up display.
  • They also found that it was fairly accurate in reading their heart rate and other similar health metrics.
  • According to reviewers, it’s easy to integrate this watch with an iPhone and other Apple products, and it’s also simple to install apps on it.

A point of pain:

• Some reviewers noted that the battery life of the watch was short, and said that they usually only got one day or just less than that out of a full charge. Of course, battery life depends on how you use your watch, so not all users will experience this.
Compare both Apple Watch Series 5
CategorySmart Watches / Fitness TrackersSmart Watches / Fitness Trackers
Price (RRP) $649.00$799.00
ConnectivityBluetooth, GPS and Wi-Fi4G, Bluetooth, GPS and Wi-Fi
Display TechnologyOLEDOLED
Voice AssistantNoneNone
SensorsAccelerometer, Altimeter, Barometer, Compass, Gyro Sensor, Heart Rate Sensor and Light SensorAccelerometer, Altimeter, Barometer, Compass, Gyro Sensor, Heart Rate Sensor and Light Sensor
InterfaceTouchscreenTouchscreen
LoudspeakerNoYes
WaterproofingWater ResistantWater Resistant
Memory (RAM)32 GB32 GB
Manufacturer Warranty1 year(s)1 year(s)
Construction MaterialCeramicAluminium, Ceramic and Stainless Steel
Colour / FinishSilver, Space Grey, GoldSilver, Space Grey, Gold, Stainless Steel, Space Black, White
Replaced byApple Watch Series 6Apple Watch Series 6