Apricus Solar Hot Water System

Liam

Liamasked

Who manufactures the water heaters - 315ltr

Hi Liam,

Thank you for your question. It depends which tank you are referring to. Our Glass-lined tanks are made by DUX whilst our stainless steal tanks are manufactured by Wise Living or Wilson.

Please do not hesitate to contact us on 1300 277 428 if you have any further queries.

Liam

Liamasked

315ltr Tank

What is the brand of water heater?

Hi Liam,

All of our tanks are branded as Apricus, however please see our answer above in relation to our manufacturers. All of our manufacturers are based here in Australia.

Matt

Mattasked

Solar Hot Water System

If the product fails the product fails . It has nothing to do with a maintenance check . But yet don’t cover it by warranty.

Sharon K.

Sharon K.asked

Solar Hot Water System

I have a leak in my system I have photos of the part. Wondering if it needs a washer as there's a screw where it's leaking
Regards Sharon

Apricus Product SupportApricus

Hi Sharon, please could you contact our aftersales team so we can help you further. Please email your enqiry to warranty@apricus.com.au or call us on 1300 277 428.

Bob

Bobasked

Solar Hot Water System

We moved into our newly constructed home 6 weeks ago. The solar water system reliably delivered a huge amount of hot water - until last Thursday. From then until now (Sunday) the water out of the tap varies from just warm to warm. During these three days, there has been periods of overcast weather/light rain and clear sky/hot weather. During the days, the max temp was between 28 - 31 degrees.

I should point out that during the first 4 weeks we occupied our new home it rained every day - all up, we received about 400mm of rain. While there were occasional sunny breaks during these weeks, there was almost continuous cloud cover. Despite that, the system delivered an over abundance of hot water and we were extremely impressed (note that during this time the electric boost was turned off). So I am concerned and confused about why the system is now only delivering warmish water despite the improved weather.

On Saturday, the controller showed the tank temp was 32 deg and the collector was running at 36 deg. Later in the day, the tank was showing 36 deg and the collector 41 deg. The pump was automatically running for periods then turning off. It seemed odd that even in cloudess direct overhead sunlight the collector temp was only 41 deg. What is the usual operating temp for the tank and the collector? Is there likely a fault somewhere in this brand new system, particularly the temp sensor in the collector?

Hi Bob,

Thank you for your enquiry - it sounds like something isn't quite right with the system. Are you able to send an email to warranty@apricus.com.au with your enquiry and either any paperwork you have for your system or a photo of the tank details found at the top of the tank? Our customer service team will be able to help figure out what the problem is and ensure you system is working correctly. If you have any queries, please call us on 1300 277 428 and press option 2.

Apricus Australia Team

Scott

Scottasked

Solar Hot Water System

Hi, we have a 315 litre apricus solar hotwater system. It is 5.5 years old. Yesterday we had no hot water. We noticed that the hotwater breaker in the meter box tripped and turned off. We turned the breaker back on. We ran it over night on mains and still no hot water. The pump next to the hotwater tank in the apricus grey cover does not appear to be working. I switched it from 1 to 3 and there is no sound or vibration. Can you advise us what to do please? Scott and Jay

Hi Scott & Jay,

We're sorry to hear you are having difficulties with your Apricus solar hot water system. Please could you contact our customer service team on 1300 277 428 (press option 2) or email us on warranty@apricus.com.au so we can run some diagnostics and provide advice on what the problem is and how we can fix it!

Apricus Australia Team

Peter

Peter asked

Hi,
I have 2 broken tubes in my system
Where in qld can i get replacements

Hi Peter,

Thank you for your enquiry. Please could you send an email to warranty@apricus.com.au with your enquiry and your location within Queensland so we can provide you with further information as to the best place to purchase replacement evacuator tubes in your area.

Ben H.

Ben H.asked

Solar Hot Water System

I need an installer for 18 tube apricus system on double storey roof as am at 2/2E Rosewood Avenue, Bogangar, NSW, 2488. Any help? Get me on [email address removed]

Simon
Simon

I've had an Apricus system for a number of years and generally happy with it. I also have a datalogger.
The only thing that's going wrong is that sometimes the thermostat in the lower part of the tank can get stuck (e.g. at 60 degrees) which prevents a lot of pumping. I can see this on the datalogger. I take out the thermostat, leave it out in the open for a few minutes and then put it back in. It then gives the correct reading (e.g. about 25 degrees). It happens every few weeks. If I didnt have the datalogger it would be hard to know what's going on.

Any ideas on how to fic the thermostat? It doesnt look damaged and the one of the roof is working fine.

Hi Ben,

One of our representatives will be in touch shortly to discuss this with you.

Hi Simon,

One of our engineers will contact you shortly to discuss your issue in more depth. If you have any queries, please call us on 1300 277 428.

Amy

Shaun M.

Shaun M.asked

What is error code 55d please

Apricus Product SupportApricus

Hi Shaun, the error code 55d or SSd usually means there is a problem with one of the sensors in the system. Please could you email our office on warranty@apricus.com.au with your details and we will be in contact to help troubleshoot the problem and help fix it!

Apricus Australia Support Team

Veronica

Veronicaasked

Solar Hot Water System

Hi I have had 3 x 315lt, 32 tube systems installed on my home and bnb. 2 of the systems are very noisy in the hot weather, they rumble and gurgle like a kettle with no water. They are quieter at the moment with not much winter sun in Victoria. Can you tell me the cause please? Cheers Veronica

Hello Veronica
If you would like to complete the contact us section on our website, www.apricus.com.au we can discuss this further.

Finer8
Finer8

Pump not working all pipes are cold

Veronica

Veronicaasked

Solar Hot Water System

Hi, I purchased 3x315lt, 32 tube systems, for our home and 2 Bnbs. They were installed last summer and I noticed 2 a very noisy in the hot weather, rumbling and gurgling like a kettle with not much water. I have contacted the supplier twice but have not had a response. They have not been as noisy during the winter months. Some advice and direction would be appreciated. Thanks Veronica

Apricus Product SupportApricus

Hello Veronica, this sounds like you are getting Thermal Shock. Please find some information regarding this on the attached link;    https://tdrive.li/rlGLnV. Thermal Shock will not do any damage.

Lesley E.

Lesley E.asked

Solar Hot Water System

Our solar water is not working after ergon has turned off the power?
Its not tripping, there is no fault found, just no hot water now

Jim C.
Jim C.

Hi..maybe the recirculating pump has gin up ...a guess...good luck claiming warranty with these people

NotHappy Jan
NotHappy Jan

More than likely, Jim C is correct. The worst part is they’ll do anything to lay blame on anyone but their inferior system and parts. Good luck.

Hello Lesley,

If you would like to perform some troubleshooting to determine if the solar is working correctly, below are components to check. There is a grey box next to, or attached to your water tank. This contains the controller and pump for the solar unit. If these are not working or have an error code, the solar will not be operational.
Remove the cover (needs both hands to unclip from the middle at the same time) to check this equipment.
Check your pump is working by disconnecting it from the controller and plugging directly into the power supply. It will whirr and vibrate if working, it is very slight so you can turn the speed dial to 3 to get a better feel. When finished turn the dial back to 1 and reconnect to the controller.
The controller should show an active display indicating temperatures for all sensors. Error codes could be as per the link: https://zdrive.li/GGf

Robert

Robertasked

Solar Hot Water System

Hi, my name is Robert from New South Wales, I would like to know what are the advantage and disadvantage between solar tube and solar panel hot water system? Thank you!

Apricus Product SupportApricus

Hello Robert, if you would like to lodge your enquiry online at our website, www.apricus.com.au this can be passed to our sales team who will be happy to answer your queries.

Peter

Peterasked

Solar Hot Water System

Whilst I do realise that the apricus hot water system requires electrical boost in cooler months we are finding that we need to start boosting as early as the start of April. Ours is a 315 litre system with 32 tubes, 2 people. Mid north coast nsw.
Expected better. Tubes oriented to see sunlight from around 8:00 am till sunset.

Phil

Mine started in late April and I’m in SE QLD.

Bryce

Bryceasked

315ltr Tank

Hot water in the morning. Sunny 20 degree days. Water temp only 24 degrees when I get home from work with no usage. What the ? Pump is running when temp at collector is less than temp in tank??? Please explain?

Hello Bryce
Please contact Apricus directly so we can assist with troubleshooting in a direct manner.

orange10asked

Solar Hot Water System

After freeing some calcification from the tempering value in order to restore pressure - which was successfully completed - water now runs from the over flow (PRTV) pipe. To save water and power, I have turned off the inlet tap and electricity to the tank - meaning there is no hot water. What can I do to return the system to proper operation, please? Thanks.

Apricus Product SupportApricus

It is normal for the ECV, or if one isn’t installed, the PTRV,to dribble water each day as the water heats up and expands. The volume water can be anywhere from a few cups to as much as 10L depending on the system pressure and temperature rise. (for 50L heated, 1L can dribble). Solar hot water system may relief more pressure as the temperature can get much hotter than an electric boosted tank. Restore to normal operation by reversing your turn off actions.

orange10

Thank you for the reply, but as I wrote, "water runs from the...pipe", so much so that there is not enough pressure building in the tank to allow forceful water from house HW taps. I had a punt and replaced the PTRV. That has worked.
Before inserting the new valve I pulled up the handle and noticed that a mechanism within the valve was shifted. Doing the same to the old valve produced no effect.
I can only assume that the old PTRV had failed, and was in a continued "open" position which allowed water to constantly run out of the tank when the inlet tap was 'on' which created pressure within the tank.
I am not a plumber, so if my thought process if wrong, please respond so I can have my thinking straightened in case this incident repeats in the future. Thank you once again. Stay safe.

John B.asked

Solar Hot Water System

I am in need of someone who can come and check out our Apricus elevated tube system two years old. Scotts Head NSW 2447. The system isn’t working that well. It need someone to eye ball it.

Phil

I struggled with this throughout the time I had this system. It was always difficult to find someone willing to service it. Even the people Apricus recommended wouldn’t get back to you.
I wish you luck with it.

John B.

Thanks Phil. Not the answer I was looking for though. Cheers.

Apricus Product SupportApricus

Hi John, you can log a request online at https://apricus.com.au/request-a-service/ and we will respond to you, or contact us directly on 1300 277428. We are more than happy to assist.

Schmidtg

Schmidtgasked

Solar Hot Water System

I am having trouble contacting Apricus in North America (I have used the U.S. and China email addresses as per U.S. website with no luck). Could you tell me who supplies Apricus products in Alberta, Canada?

Apricus Product SupportApricus

You can contact them directly through their website https://www.apricus.com/contactus.html

RPG

RPGasked

315ltr Tank

Why was my review, submitted yesterday, Monday 8th Dec. 2019, on the ability to ascertain whether copper tubes have failed or not rejected? The review was constructive and not over critical, If Apricus are to continue in the market place then they need to be more proactive.
RPG

Apricus Product SupportApricus

the review submitted had not yet been replied too, however, was not rejected and still showing under your original post. It has been duly answered.

Matt C

Matt Casked

Hi there,

Quick question with rough costing for the system. I know the system for a 30 tube electric boosted is around 4K, but what you expect the install cost in a new house to be?

Jim
Jim

You can forget about the warranty after installation as anything related or not can and will void it. Dont anticipate your calls to be returned. Buy something else.... Don't believe the hype the salesman comes up with.

Hello Matt C
Please lodge a request for quote at https://apricus.com.au/request-quote/ we would be happy to answer you directly.

Get an answer from our members and Apricus representatives

Apricus Solar Hot Water System