Apricus Solar Hot Water System

Apricus Solar Hot Water System (page 3 of 7)

315ltr Tank, 250ltr Tank, 400ltr Tank

• Temperature Consistency
  • Heating Speed

TRIED IT BUT GOING BACK TO DUX

Lived in same house for 30 years - Dux Hot Water System lasted 21 years! Apricus System lasted 9 years! Warranty 10 years but not honoured. You judge for yourself. We're going back to Dux.

PhilSouth East Queensland, QLD

Conceptually good but quality of product is so poor and warranty not backed up

I have had this system for nine years now. When it works it is good. The evacuated tubes seem very effective even in colder months. However the build quality is very poor and accordingly it does not work a lot of the time. It failed in the first few days after installation. Since then I have had three pumps, 2 controllers, tubes sliding out of their fittings and now the cylinder is leaking. When I have tried to claim under warranty they come up with all sort of conditions to avoid repairing it.

Heidi

HeidiHunter Region, NSW

Would not recommend to purchase

For a family of four, this tank has been nothing but trouble, limited warranty and the amount of items that has gone wrong is not acceptable from a 4 year old item. I totally agree with all the bad reviews and the customer service line is not much better, they are rude and I dont believe that it is true solar if the booster needs to be continuously on. Unfortunately you need a qualified plumber to fix anything that is out of warranty period, and they are few and far between and charge like wounded bulls. I would expect a new item to not have had so much go wrong with it it the first 4 years, quite a considerable amount of repairs within the 1st year (thank god that was covered under warranty). Good Luck is all I can say.

Solar Water Heaters

Find out how Apricus Solar Hot Water System compares to other Solar Water Heaters

JimMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

A waste of time and money !!

I bought a 250lt / 22 tube unit, all were installed by an Apricus recommended Licensed Plumber with the installation inspected by the Apricus supervising plumber within the first 12 months. I have had nothing but trouble with these units and recently submitted a warranty claim as the manifold has developed a leak (4 years old). Now I'm informed my warranty is void because both plumbers who inspected the units had not insulated the connection to the manifold. Apricus is a complete waste of time and money.

Apricus Product SupportApricus

Thank you for your review Jim. It is outlined within the Apricus installation manual that insulation is required all the way to the manifold casing. This is required especially in frost prone areas.

Sharon K.

No hot water in four years

Has only worked for a short time after tubes wete replaced.
System does not work in cold weather regardless of of sunshine.
Booster does not work.
It has never been hot enough to wash up.
There was a bad lot of tubes around the time of purchase.
Almost nothing is under warranty I really wish I had read these reviews before I bought this piece of junk.
Company I purchased from were going out of business and wouldn't return my calls.
I am interested in class action
Also fair trading

Apricus Product SupportApricus

Fantastic, but only for technical people

Les

LesGippsland, VIC

Problem solved

Hi I hereby fully reciprocate the last review I posted on this site in regards to my 40 tube apricus solar hot water system. I’d have to say I thought it was a total heap of crap up on my roof it’s taken nearly four years to get it sorted until the plumber showed up and told me there was a faulty batch of copper tubes inside the glass ones, since replacing those under warranty the thing is smoking free hot water no gas at all and it’s autumn loving it it’s full steam ahead from here on in go apricus

Apricus Product SupportApricus

Thank you Les. We are pleased you are experiencing optimal solar gain with your Apricus Solar Hot Water unit. Ensure your controller and pump have active power to provide frost protection.

Brendan K.

Brendan K.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

10 months free hot water per year

2 to 4 people. Reheats 310 litres quickly with the 30 tubes. I do have tank water so the little grundfos circulation pump has always been flawless.
Bought in 2009, I asked the installer pjt plumbing to raise the angle of the tubes to 60 degrees for maximum winter production. Electric back up fitted.
Love it

Apricus Product SupportApricus

Perfect - we are extremely pleased you receive optimal solar output from your Apricus Solar Hot Water collector as it was designed.

Karlo

KarloKerang

Bad choice

Had a unit for less than 2 years and controller has already gone. Looked them up and they say upto 15 year warranty. Be warned this is a hav! Now im up for $500 for a new controller. I dont believe its ever worked properly looking at my gas bill. At times in business we have to except th hat our products are not upto std and then we fix and everyone wins. These guys are out of touch with warranty and would not recommend to anybody.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

It's been a PerfectSystem

I have had this system for about 8 or 9 years and have never had any problems with it ! The anode has now deteriorated and I am replacing it and cleaning out the tank and hope to get a few more years use out of it!! Love it!!! When it is time to get a new hot water tank I will definitely get the same!

Date PurchasedMar 2009
Ben

BenTamworth

Damn - wish I had reviews about hopeless warranty - same here!

3.5yr old installation in Tamworth - faulty connectors burnt out and not covered by Apricus warranty. Local Apricus service plumbers (Laser Plumbing Tamworth) failed to return 3 calls and didn't follow up - so I went with an independent plumber and sparky who were able to remedy the situation after 2weeks. Very disappointing after sales service. Apricus should coordinate repairs!

Date PurchasedJuly 2015

Apricus is great

Had this system for 5 years now and had only 1 problem (seems like the sensor at the bottom of the tank gets stuck on a high temp occasionally). I have the data logger as well so I can see how it is performing. I live in Sydney and can turn off the electric boost from Sept to April To get free hot water 8 months of the year.

Date PurchasedAug 2013

Complete disaster

$8,000 in electricity bills, lukewarm or cold water, irrespective of fine weather. System was barely used but racked up this bill when previously annual bills were only $700. Had a manual booster so no automatic boosting but still a disaster. Had to disconnect it or risk losing the house. A financial disaster from a brand new system.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

My collector panel is a dud

Date PurchasedMay 2015
Col B

Col BBrisbane

Good unit - good service - a few issues fixed immediately

Date PurchasedOct 2015

Waste of money

Get an apricus if you want cold showers. Waste of money. I’m actually furious. Years of ridiculousness and issues. Anyone interested in a class action??? Nearly everything has broken and I don’t know how many Luke warm and cold showers I’ve had to endure. Ridiculous ridiculous ridiculous ridiculous ridiculous.

Date PurchasedMar 2016
Lemon

LemonPenrith

Warranty awareness

Buyer beware Once the system controller, Sensor, or pump, which carry only 12 months warranty after that period if any above fail and burst the manifold warranty is invalid on the manifold repairs are at your expense even though it states manifold has a 10 warranty. Buyer beware of this product

Date PurchasedJune 2011

Poor product, poor Warranty, appalling Customer Service.

Date PurchasedJuly 2011

Louise

LouisePerth, WA

Don’t buy.ever!!!

It’s been unsatisfactory since buying it in August 2015. After 3 months of boosting the system in summer Apricus finally believed me and replaced 7 tubes that had corroded. Ever since then we’ve been boosting our system more than our old solar hart Today 2.5 yrs later the heating element went. Great. Stay away from this system!!! Doesn’t save you anything. It cost us 3x more than a solar hart.

Date PurchasedAug 2015
Tim

TimEwingsdale

Warranty Customer Service is Terrible

I have been dealing with Theo from warranty - who was great. However, it appears a week later she is too busy and Ive been pushed to a number of people. Perhaps there are a lot of issues with their systems! After a month of dealing with warranty service, I still have not had a call back to provide any update on when my broken system will be repaired. I have now resorted to calling up every day and have been told by a short and angry warranty person. I will get a call back, but I never receive one. I have explained that I have a new family and hot water is important - doesnt seem to matter for this company!

Date PurchasedJan 2017
See all Apricus Solar Hot Water System reviews

Sharon K.asked

Solar Hot Water System

I have a leak in my system I have photos of the part. Wondering if it needs a washer as there's a screw where it's leaking
Regards Sharon

Apricus Product SupportApricus

Hi Sharon, please could you contact our aftersales team so we can help you further. Please email your enqiry to warranty@apricus.com.au or call us on 1300 277 428.

Bob

Bobasked

Solar Hot Water System

We moved into our newly constructed home 6 weeks ago. The solar water system reliably delivered a huge amount of hot water - until last Thursday. From then until now (Sunday) the water out of the tap varies from just warm to warm. During these three days, there has been periods of overcast weather/light rain and clear sky/hot weather. During the days, the max temp was between 28 - 31 degrees.

I should point out that during the first 4 weeks we occupied our new home it rained every day - all up, we received about 400mm of rain. While there were occasional sunny breaks during these weeks, there was almost continuous cloud cover. Despite that, the system delivered an over abundance of hot water and we were extremely impressed (note that during this time the electric boost was turned off). So I am concerned and confused about why the system is now only delivering warmish water despite the improved weather.

On Saturday, the controller showed the tank temp was 32 deg and the collector was running at 36 deg. Later in the day, the tank was showing 36 deg and the collector 41 deg. The pump was automatically running for periods then turning off. It seemed odd that even in cloudess direct overhead sunlight the collector temp was only 41 deg. What is the usual operating temp for the tank and the collector? Is there likely a fault somewhere in this brand new system, particularly the temp sensor in the collector?

Hi Bob,

Thank you for your enquiry - it sounds like something isn't quite right with the system. Are you able to send an email to warranty@apricus.com.au with your enquiry and either any paperwork you have for your system or a photo of the tank details found at the top of the tank? Our customer service team will be able to help figure out what the problem is and ensure you system is working correctly. If you have any queries, please call us on 1300 277 428 and press option 2.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Apricus Australia Team

Scott

Scottasked

Solar Hot Water System

Hi, we have a 315 litre apricus solar hotwater system. It is 5.5 years old. Yesterday we had no hot water. We noticed that the hotwater breaker in the meter box tripped and turned off. We turned the breaker back on. We ran it over night on mains and still no hot water. The pump next to the hotwater tank in the apricus grey cover does not appear to be working. I switched it from 1 to 3 and there is no sound or vibration. Can you advise us what to do please? Scott and Jay

Hi Scott & Jay,

We're sorry to hear you are having difficulties with your Apricus solar hot water system. Please could you contact our customer service team on 1300 277 428 (press option 2) or email us on warranty@apricus.com.au so we can run some diagnostics and provide advice on what the problem is and how we can fix it!

We look forward to hearing from you.

Apricus Australia Team

See all Apricus Solar Hot Water System questions

Get an answer from our members and Apricus representatives

Apricus Solar Hot Water System