Apricus Solar Hot Water System

Apricus Solar Hot Water System (page 4 of 7)

315ltr Tank, 250ltr Tank, 400ltr Tank

• Temperature Consistency
  • Heating Speed

Very disappointed

I have purchased 5 Apricus hot water systems, and have had nothing but trouble with them. The tubes clogged up within the first two months, even tho the company told me they were suited to our water. We have had to run acid through them to clear the pipes which eventually rotted the tanks...tanks were replaced by the company only for the same thing to happen again. They are now being replaced with Solahart closed circuit systems.

Date PurchasedNov 2013

Ad

I'm happy with my Apricus hot water

Date PurchasedJune 2016

Hi Luke McKay,
If more Australian Businesses were as committed as Apricus in taking responsibility and fixing warranties Australian Businesses would florish!

Kind Regards Lucia

Billy

BillyBrisbane

Professional opinion on the Apricus range of Hot Water Systerms

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Solar Water Heaters

Find out how Apricus Solar Hot Water System compares to other Solar Water Heaters

Ned

Ned

Good warranty service.

After reporting the problem, the service personell very promptly repaired the unit.
I am very impressed by the standards exhibited by both administration and technical services.
Very impressed all round. The unit is very efficient and works as advertised.
Our Apricus system has earned a recommendation from my wife and myself.
Well done to all!

Date PurchasedDec 2015
Lully

LullyBindoon

HWS excellent - service abysmal!

Date PurchasedJan 2016

Lazy

6 times I've emailed these people with an inquiry about where I can purchase one of their systems. I get the automated response saying, 'Will contact you within 2 days', and then nothing. Even drove out to their place at 7 Hills, complained to the manager who said "Gee, that's odd. These are flicked to the sales and they should have got back to you."

Well, guys, you FAILED!

Date PurchasedDec 2018

SteveB

SteveBMid North Coast, NSW

Poor quality components with poor quality warranty

Our controller failed after 14 months of use, I rang Apricus and was advised that the controller only has a 1 year warranty period, Apricus refused to assist in any way. Our next door neighbour also has an Apricus Solar System and he said that his controller also failed within the same time frame. I can only assume that the components in the Apricus Solar Hot Water System are of poor quality as the warranty period would reflect.

Date PurchasedSept 2016
Stav

Stavgold coast

Apricus do not stand by their warranty

My advice as a plumber, is do not buy apricus. I installed a system in my home and the tank failed within the 5 year warranty time. Apricus claim the anode should have been replaced within 3 years and used a warranty document written several years after my purchase, despite the warranty document supplied at time of purchase having no such clause (fine print). The agent I purchased the unit from approached Apricus on my behalf, with a similar rejection. My plumbing supplies manager approached the Apricus rep 3 months ago on my behalf and is still waiting for a response. My strong advice as a consumer and plumber is do not deal with a company like Apricus who do not honour their warranties. Go anywhere else!

Date PurchasedJune 2011
Silvo

Silvo

Apricus evacuated tube

Apricus solar systems are brilliant. Solar hot water is to be installed correctly by correct solar accredited plumbers .
I have a system 7 years old and only turn my booster on after 2 days of cloud. My family use approximately 200ltr of hot water daily.
I have replaced one pump at a cost of $400.
My pump uses 50 watts running an average 8hrs a day
Cheap hot water even with a replacement.

Date PurchasedJan 2010

Very disappointed.

We are very disappointed with our evacuated tube solar HWS...we have had so many problems with our system since it was installed-pump, tubes, valves-looks like we will have to replace our system at considerable expense to ourselves. We have had so many plumbers looking at our system with no outcome. There was a time a company stood by their own product if they trusted they had a good product, not Apricus though which does not give us much confidence. I suppose they are too busy blaming everyone else. Disappointing

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Angry

AngrySouth East Queensland, QLD

Problem System

Evacuated tubes explode when being fitted into manifold...2 already...not trying anymore...obvious problem with the manifold...apparently not covered by warranty...cost a few thousand to purchase...looks like we have wasted our money. We have an incomplete system on our roof but according to Apricus we are not losing much by not having a complete system...not the point.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Terrible service

My mother is an elderly lady with an Apricus hot water solar system installed. We have been having issues with it on and off for 2 years, my mother called and asked to speak to someone about it. They told her that they are not plumbers and can't diagnose the problem over the phone. I called back and asked to speak to the manager who seems to be the gentleman commenting below on everyone else's reviews and I was told his comment was to email him as he couldn't take the call. There was a lot of laughing and carrying on in the background, no idea what kind of business they are running. My husband has decided to rip the whole system out and go with a solar hart system.

Date PurchasedJan 2007

pippy

pippykerang

Should have got a solar hart

System is just over two years old, 12 months ago non return valve replaced under warranty. Today circulating pump not working, rang apricus, sorry only 2 years warranty on pump, 10 years on tank, 15 years on collector but 2 0n pump. I will let you all know what goes wrong next year.

Date PurchasedJuly 2015

Running Hot

Some time ago consultant Shane King assisted via the phone our plumber to repair our Therman heating unit. Whilst doing this he advised making several adjustments to the settings of the unit.
These changes have greatly improved the efficiency of our unit. There is consistent hot water regardless of overcast periods throughout the day .We always thought the unit was excellent but thanks to Shane it is even better.

Port Douglas

Date PurchasedAug 2012

Relentless Dedication to Great After Sales Service

I am very happy with our Apricus 30 system. It heats the water on days with power from the Sun very efficiently. We can leave the booster off for long periods of time.
We had a problem with a thermo syphoning situation which only became apparent in the colder weather. Even though the system was out of warranty Nick and his team relentlessly followed clues and gave great advice and help until the problem was solved.
I could not recommend the Apricus after sales service higher.

Date PurchasedJan 2016

Brown

Brown

Very happy

We are very happy that it was delt with quick & efficient covered by warranty & the new replacement came we had great customer service. From reporting the leak & damage caused we were fitting a new tank all within a week of the first phone call. Very happy with everything.

Date PurchasedAug 2017
GrahamT

GrahamTBright

Excellent product & service

We have been very happy with the performance of the Apricus 30 in our new build. The rubber hits the road for any manufacturer when a problem occurs, this is what differentiates brands. We recently had 1 issue and Apricus service was a standout, staff were caring and service process was quick with Apricus checking up on progress and satisfaction as things progressed. I managed an ANZ service network for 40 years and it is pleasing to recognize a vendor, staff and service agent who all aim to provide top tier service.

Date PurchasedSept 2016

Fast & helpful service

Date PurchasedJuly 2016

David

DavidCanberra

Support by Jessie

Our initial installation was faulty; there wasn't any water flow through the roof pipes for the first week or more. This installation fault was corrected by the installer.

However, it became apparent that the tubes had been damaged by being left without water, and these were replaced under warranty without question. About three months later, one of the new tubes failed, just as we are about to depart town for a while.

Jessie was most helpful in organising a replacement tube and lining up an agent to fit it while we were away. On returning home, the new tube was there and all appears fine.

Date PurchasedMar 2016

Canberra not supported

Date PurchasedJune 2012
See all Apricus Solar Hot Water System reviews

Sharon K.

Sharon K.asked

Solar Hot Water System

I have a leak in my system I have photos of the part. Wondering if it needs a washer as there's a screw where it's leaking
Regards Sharon

Apricus Product SupportApricus

Hi Sharon, please could you contact our aftersales team so we can help you further. Please email your enqiry to warranty@apricus.com.au or call us on 1300 277 428.

Bob

Bobasked

Solar Hot Water System

We moved into our newly constructed home 6 weeks ago. The solar water system reliably delivered a huge amount of hot water - until last Thursday. From then until now (Sunday) the water out of the tap varies from just warm to warm. During these three days, there has been periods of overcast weather/light rain and clear sky/hot weather. During the days, the max temp was between 28 - 31 degrees.

I should point out that during the first 4 weeks we occupied our new home it rained every day - all up, we received about 400mm of rain. While there were occasional sunny breaks during these weeks, there was almost continuous cloud cover. Despite that, the system delivered an over abundance of hot water and we were extremely impressed (note that during this time the electric boost was turned off). So I am concerned and confused about why the system is now only delivering warmish water despite the improved weather.

On Saturday, the controller showed the tank temp was 32 deg and the collector was running at 36 deg. Later in the day, the tank was showing 36 deg and the collector 41 deg. The pump was automatically running for periods then turning off. It seemed odd that even in cloudess direct overhead sunlight the collector temp was only 41 deg. What is the usual operating temp for the tank and the collector? Is there likely a fault somewhere in this brand new system, particularly the temp sensor in the collector?

Hi Bob,

Thank you for your enquiry - it sounds like something isn't quite right with the system. Are you able to send an email to warranty@apricus.com.au with your enquiry and either any paperwork you have for your system or a photo of the tank details found at the top of the tank? Our customer service team will be able to help figure out what the problem is and ensure you system is working correctly. If you have any queries, please call us on 1300 277 428 and press option 2.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Apricus Australia Team

Scott

Scottasked

Solar Hot Water System

Hi, we have a 315 litre apricus solar hotwater system. It is 5.5 years old. Yesterday we had no hot water. We noticed that the hotwater breaker in the meter box tripped and turned off. We turned the breaker back on. We ran it over night on mains and still no hot water. The pump next to the hotwater tank in the apricus grey cover does not appear to be working. I switched it from 1 to 3 and there is no sound or vibration. Can you advise us what to do please? Scott and Jay

Hi Scott & Jay,

We're sorry to hear you are having difficulties with your Apricus solar hot water system. Please could you contact our customer service team on 1300 277 428 (press option 2) or email us on warranty@apricus.com.au so we can run some diagnostics and provide advice on what the problem is and how we can fix it!

We look forward to hearing from you.

Apricus Australia Team

See all Apricus Solar Hot Water System questions

Get an answer from our members and Apricus representatives

Apricus Solar Hot Water System